The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 122 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was about to post this too--no.

Not for rehab, it be gone, depending on the validity of the rumor. Despite that it just got refurbished.
Well damn. This would be crazy. Is there an issue with the building or something? I don’t think that land survives with 0 attractions.

Reactions: Crypt Keeper
I was about to post this too--no.

Not for rehab, it be gone, depending on the validity of the rumor. Despite that it just got refurbished.
Wow, that's a surprise to say the least if it's true.
But then again, it feels like something might be in motion for them to close it for good so soon after a big refurb.

Dare I say Nintendo?........
We'll have to wait and see, but what I can confidently say is, with no Sinbad and potentially no PF, that's a good chunk of space.

Also, it's pretty clear Uni likes to keep the construction crews busy, and Villian-Con is gradually wrapping up...perhaps this could be the next project on the line-up?

Reactions: GA-MBIT
It would be interesting if Lost Continent really is the next area to get revamped. It seems Universal really does give a lot more love to IoA than the Studios. Minions and KidZone will help, but it feels like Universal is hesitant to invest in a major attraction for that park.

It would be interesting if Lost Continent really is the next area to get revamped. It seems Universal really does give a lot more love to IoA than the Studios. Minions and KidZone will help, but it feels like Universal is hesitant to invest in a major attraction for that park.
The Simpsons Ride is really the only major attraction that could get a replacement within the next 5-7 years. Universal isn't gonna touch Mummy, MIB, or Supercharged. Supercharged will be around for a while.

I left Fear Factor out, as I have a feeling it's going to lay dormant like the Toon Lagoon theater. KidZone isn't even getting a major attraction as far as I know. I understand it's a land for kids, but I think it should still get some sort of major attraction.

Lost Continent leaving within the next few months or year is not the correct move in my opinion. USF needs something big, as I don't think the Dreamworks KidZone or Villain-Con will help a whole lot.

My post kinda blends into the future of USF sorry lol.

If they close Poseidon and it just sits empty.. that'd be a strange choice.

It's tradition! Universal leaving buildings abandoned is part of the nostalgia!

We can all agree that USF is the park that needs the investment... but a family-focused attraction for IOA wouldn't be the weirdest choice to fast-track with the attendance the park receives now.

The PF show-building along with the Sinbad theater leaves a MASSIVE footprint, but I really wasn’t expecting another expansion of IOA after we just got hagrids and Velocicoaster! IMO the money would be better spent at USF