The Creator | Inside Universal Forums

The Creator

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nick

Staff
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
This film is getting a TON of praise with many who have seen the movie calling it the best sci-fi movie of the year, one of the best films of the year, and an all-time sci-fi classic so I wanted to give it a proper thread. I planned on seeing this movie. anyway, but after hearing this, i'm extra pumped. Sound almost like Gareth Edwards aimed to make a Nolan-level Sci-Fi film on a tight budget and succeeded.

Tons of reactions here:

Last edited:
I've got my Tickets for it

My GF, thought it was a Star Wars Film on earth....sooooo yeah it for sure looks great for a brand new IP Movie

I have wanted to see this from the first trailer and these reviews are making me beyond happy.

It's a real shame that it probably won't do as well as it deserves. Feels like an old school blockbuster done creatively.

I literally thought this was for next year, my plans next week have changed!

This genuinely looks outstanding. Gareth Edwards is a gem. I really hope this is successful.

Reactions: Grabnar
Saw the Film and loved most of it

I think, its a little long and sometimes focus too much on the main "story" over just letting us enjoy this amazing new world and lore they are giving us.
Until the third act, I was like this is going to be tied with Spiderman as my film of the year but then....just we send too much time on this story and....kinda feel it ends well but I think if they cut something in the mild of the flow would have worked better

Now I think this film has some great idea's and uses war and Sci fi right. I would very much love a TV show or game set in this world to see how more cities work and whats going on. I think it does such a good job at setting up this world and just at the end it's based on the core people which is fine..but I feel like by the end it's just rushing things because the film needs to end and wish they cut something out so the ending didn't feel....as rushed and more epic.

The Robot designs are on point and liked the USA gear it felt both old school Star Wars (in a good way) but also it's own thing.

I'm surprised the film is PG 13 because it felt like a Rated R, Rogue one at times but...yeah don't think it's film is for children, lol

I really hope we somehow get a sequel or a show but even with budget being low it needs to have some legs to make what Disney is going to want to make more. But It's one of the best new Sci Fi films based on nothing since District 9, most of the film I was smiling at how great it all feels and looks

Reactions: Nick
Saw the Film and loved most of it

I think, its a little long and sometimes focus too much on the main "story" over just letting us enjoy this amazing new world and lore they are giving us.
Until the third act, I was like this is going to be tied with Spiderman as my film of the year but then....just we send too much time on this story and....kinda feel it ends well but I think if they cut something in the mild of the flow would have worked better

Now I think this film has some great idea's and uses war and Sci fi right. I would very much love a TV show or game set in this world to see how more cities work and whats going on. I think it does such a good job at setting up this world and just at the end it's based on the core people which is fine..but I feel like by the end it's just rushing things because the film needs to end and wish they cut something out so the ending didn't feel....as rushed and more epic.

The Robot designs are on point and liked the USA gear it felt both old school Star Wars (in a good way) but also it's own thing.

I'm surprised the film is PG 13 because it felt like a Rated R, Rogue one at times but...yeah don't think it's film is for children, lol

I really hope we somehow get a sequel or a show but even with budget being low it needs to have some legs to make what Disney is going to want to make more. But It's one of the best new Sci Fi films based on nothing since District 9, most of the film I was smiling at how great it all feels and looks
Even if it has a solid second weekend it’s legs will be cut from it immediately after by The Eras Tour.

• Sad
Reactions: Jerroddragon
The film for the most part is good. I wouldn't say great like Rogue One--but good.

Pacing issues and dialogue skew the film down alongside the lack of a real score.
It's crazy how those aspects really took it a step up for me in regards to rogue one. I like the music more here and think the use of the radio head song was so interesting. I also enjoyed the general narrative, as it felt super familiar, but more emotional than anything else edward's has done imo. I like his other films, and tbh, I just don't think his style is my favorite thing in the world, but this was a really great movie that displayed the talents of everyone on board

It's crazy how those aspects really took it a step up for me in regards to rogue one. I like the music more here and think the use of the radio head song was so interesting. I also enjoyed the general narrative, as it felt super familiar, but more emotional than anything else edward's has done imo. I like his other films, and tbh, I just don't think his style is my favorite thing in the world, but this was a really great movie that displayed the talents of everyone on board

See I loved the hell out of the Radiohead sequence. Probably the best sequence in the film with the styling and sound mixing that was implemented. My issue with music is with scoring for the film being little until the second half when it builds up.

Feel like more composed music should've been present here. I do love the concepts it plays, as it gives a feel similar to not just Blade Runner--but Cyberpunk in how they balance the AI conflict with the human aspect, of Humanity's fallacy and it's resorting to violence in lieu of peaceful solutions. I think the core story works--but dialogue needed to be sharpened up.

It should get better with more time to bask in of-course--honestly can't wait to see the film once I am home in Seattle when it comes to D+.