Test Track 3.0 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Test Track 3.0

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hard to tell if they've enclosed the speed section as rumored.
If you look to the right of the new awning, It looks to me like it will not be enclosed, since you can still see the slanted track and it’s railing.

Also small detail I find slightly amusing after zooming in, is that everyone in the photo seems to be wearing a magic-band.

Reactions: IzzyB and GA-MBIT
If you look to the right of the new awning, It looks to me like it will not be enclosed, since you can still see the slanted track and it’s railing.

Also small detail I find slightly amusing after zooming in, is that everyone in the photo seems to be wearing a magic-band.
From what I see that tells me nothing because if it’s enclosed, the curves in the outdoor track don’t disappear.

Reactions: saint.piss
I don't see any way they would enclose the outdoor track.

Unless people want the fast portion to be through a dark hallway with nothing to look at (because let's get real, Disney is not going to theme an enclosed section of that length), I don't even know what the desire is there (beyond allowing the attraction to stay open in bad weather... but it's the only ride at Epcot with an outdoor section).

I think the very fact that it is outside is a major part of the appeal for many.

I’m gonna be honest, this refurbishment is already a win since we’re seemingly getting rid of the canopy (finally) and building a proper entry with a permanent, themed overhang.

It’ll also allow the simplistic beauty of the design of the World Of Motion building to finally be seen again.

Rumor from MickeyViews is budget for this redo is $100M. Not sure if that has been affirmed as true by other insiders.

Who knows if that is true... but just remember that budgets usually have random things thrown in as well not directly related to the actual project. That $100M can include renovations to the GE lounge, nearby infrastructure projects, marketing dollars, etc.

Like when people say SWGE cost $1B... that could have included all the improvements throughout DHS, Toy Story Land, roadway infrastructure, etc.

Reactions: OrlLover
Who knows if that is true... but just remember that budgets usually have random things thrown in as well not directly related to the actual project. That $100M can include renovations to the GE lounge, nearby infrastructure projects, marketing dollars, etc.

Like when people say SWGE cost $1B... that could have included all the improvements throughout DHS, Toy Story Land, roadway infrastructure, etc.
Not wrong, but most of the examples you gave aren’t really good examples of what gets added on. If they’re building a permanent awning and gutting the entire building except for the track, $100M isn’t really that high based on how much things/people cost these days.

Not wrong, but most of the examples you gave aren’t really good examples of what gets added on. If they’re building a permanent awning and gutting the entire building except for the track, $100M isn’t really that high based on how much things/people cost these days.
Yes, just trying to set realistic expectations for the redo. It's a massive building, so don't want people thinking the $100M is dedicated solely for the ride experience itself.