Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

TEA 2016 Theme Park Index

I mean, I still think a bit of fudging went into making that 20 mil last year but maybe that's just me.
Oh, yes, they fudged to come up with the exact figures for the 4 Disney parks. No doubt. I'm just saying that they updated their 2015 attendance figures (all 4 of which may well be incorrect) to come up with their 2016 figures, basing their 2016 figures on Disney's quarterly statements from last year. But Disney doesn't give out individual park figures, plus or minus either, so it's all guess estimates where the attendance should go. My own personal feelings is that DHS has no where near the attendance that TEA credits them with. And I just can't see that tiny DHS park, which would feel crowded even if there was no crowd there, being that close to Epcot in real attendance....... Anyway, the whole thing USA part of the report is a , my guess is as good as your guess thing. But the Japanese parks report attendance, so theirs would be accurate.

It's interesting to see UOR gaining some ground on Disney. Obviously they're never going to top MK or EPCOT but I think AK and DHS could be in their sights. The big hurdle is that by the time Universal get Nintendo or more Potter, Avatar will be in full effect as will TSL and Star Wars.

It's a very interesting game of cat and mouse.

It's interesting to see UOR gaining some ground on Disney. Obviously they're never going to top MK or EPCOT but I think AK and DHS could be in their sights. The big hurdle is that by the time Universal get Nintendo or more Potter, Avatar will be in full effect as will TSL and Star Wars.

I would bet money that the Studios already is ahead of DHS.

But did Pandora bring new guests to Disney?

Or did it move them around the various parks?

AK having relatively short wait times outside of Pandora is troubling.

I was thinking the same exact thoughts since I've been checking stand by times this past week. Plus the first week was probably a ton of locals also.

UOR never going to top Epcot? I'll bet money Epcot is the lowest attended park within WDW once SWL opens... never mind USF or IOA - those will easily pass it over time.

Epcot's festivals alone will keep it above the other parks for a while. Plus it moves on its own for changes - remember it's got the highest per guest spending rate and reinvests that on a whim (as far as anyone from the outside can tell.)

Plus it's a matter of sheer ability - the other parks reach capacity before they do a busy weekend of Food/Wine attendance that Epcot has.

Epcot is the only park that sometimes has more guests than MK.

UOR never going to top Epcot? I'll bet money Epcot is the lowest attended park within WDW once SWL opens... never mind USF or IOA - those will easily pass it over time.

Not so fast my friend! I wouldn't say USF or IOA is going to easily surpass anything in regards to attendance at WDW, especially with D23 coming up where they are going to announce the revitalization of EPCOT. As @epcyclopedia stated above the festivals are a big draw. I'd bet F&W alone cancels out that amount of people that attend HHN in comparison.

Not so fast my friend! I wouldn't say USF or IOA is going to easily surpass anything in regards to attendance at WDW, especially with D23 coming up where they are going to announce the revitalization of EPCOT. As @epcyclopedia stated above the festivals are a big draw. I'd bet F&W alone cancels out that amount of people that attend HHN in comparison.
At the current pace, yes, at least one UOR park will pass Epcot in the coming, changes or not. Epcot has been stagnant attendance-wise for almost 20 years.

How many guests would go to Epcot for dinner regardless of what rides were there or other time spent there? That's gotta be a significant base for attendance.

For HHN, hasn't USF sold attendance to the park twice? Has Epcot turned their festivals into hard ticket events?

For HHN, hasn't USF sold attendance to the park twice? Has Epcot turned their festivals into hard ticket events?

No but instead of buying twice, twice or thrice as many people attend the park in general on festival days. 60k is a normal day during a festival for Epcot.

Festival of the Arts already has Epcot up for the year.

I would bet money that the Studios already is ahead of DHS.

Throwing this out there but would an organisation like this be taking backhands from Disney to increase their numbers?

Epcot's festivals alone will keep it above the other parks for a while. Plus it moves on its own for changes - remember it's got the highest per guest spending rate and reinvests that on a whim (as far as anyone from the outside can tell.)

Plus it's a matter of sheer ability - the other parks reach capacity before they do a busy weekend of Food/Wine attendance that Epcot has.

Epcot is the only park that sometimes has more guests than MK.

This was my thinking. If Food & Wine is on when I'm in Orlando, my wife and I are guaranteed to visit no matter what, probably more so than any other Disney park.

There's so much going on with so many variables, it's hard to make an accurate guess for the future.

HHN actually reduces attendance numbers. The parks are less crowded due to shorter hours and HHN isn't counted as attendance since it's a separate event.

As of right now it's shuffling existing attendance.

Epcot and MK have two things no other park in Orlando has: capacity. That alone allows them to be more popular as they close less frequently.

Bad news, IOA and USF already get more guests a year than DAK and DHS. Womp womp.

HHN actually reduces attendance numbers. The parks are less crowded due to shorter hours and HHN isn't counted as attendance since it's a separate event.
Interesting. I did not know the not counting part. So TEA guestamation do not consider events (MNSSHP, HHN...). Those are things we're park also get passholders to spend more during the year.

As of right now it's shuffling existing attendance.

Epcot and MK have two things no other park in Orlando has: capacity. That alone allows them to be more popular as they close less frequently.

Bad news, IOA and USF already get more guests a year than DAK and DHS. Womp womp.

Where are you getting these numbers? According to TEA UO is lagging even behind a half shuttered DHS park. What do you think is going to happen once SWL comes online? UO will never pass EPCOT if they can't get past it's two bottom feeders.