Superman (DCU) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Superman (DCU)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Solid take. Marvel is done. DC is starting over.
Marvel needs to reboot eventually but they are far from done. Quantumania bombed, but aside from that, Strange 2, Thor 4, BP 2, and GotG 3 all did really good from a pure box office perspective. Aside from Thor 4, all of those were pretty good movies too. Disney+ shows are hit or miss, but that's part of the risk when you are stretching 2 hour stories into 6 hours.

Solid take. Marvel is done. DC is starting over.
It's more of a filmmaker thing for me. James Gunn has a pretty unimpeachable track record in the super-hero space, Wan is coming off one of the most bonkers genre movies of the past decade, and Reeves and Phillips both have unique takes on their respective worlds. James Mangold has also made same great dad movies, even if, like many other Gen-X filmmakers in charge of revivals of childhood properties, he may have caught the nostalgia brain rot with Indiana Jones.

In contrast, all the Marvel picks seem very safe, and all seem like either TV directors, journeymen types, or "hot indie filmmaker who will be very easy to manage while we orchestrate all the vfx/action with our second unit team"

Finally, D.C may be making a Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow movie, aka True Grit in Space.

Last edited:
It's more of a filmmaker thing for me. James Gunn has a pretty unimpeachable track record in the super-hero space, Wan is coming off one of the most bonkers genre movies of the past decade, and Reeves and Phillips both have unique takes on their respective worlds. James Mangold has also made same great dad movies, even if, like many other Gen-X filmmakers in charge of revivals of childhood properties, he may have caught the nostalgia brain rot with Indiana Jones.

In contrast, all the Marvel picks seem very safe, and all seem like either TV directors, journeymen types, or "hot indie filmmaker who will be very easy to manage while we orchestrate all the vfx/action with our second unit team"

Finally, D.C may be making a Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow movie, aka True Grit in Space.
They are doing a Woman of Tomorrow movie:

Reactions: Ahmanet
Holy crap that is an amazing picks for all three.

Genuinely didn't think we'd see the Hawk line continued after Black Adam's preformance, Aldis Hodge gave an exceptional performance as Hawkgirl's counter.

Holy crap that is an amazing picks for all three.

Genuinely didn't think we'd see the Hawk line continued after Black Adam's preformance, Aldis Hodge gave an exceptional performance as Hawkgirl's counter.
So far this new DCU sounds very promising. Hopefully the third time is the charm.

I just want a Superman film......I hope its good but....I'm just getting tired of all these extra characters just there. It did not work well for the DC before to just throw in characters, I hope the film still focuses on Superman and isn't trying to start the JL in this film in anyway

Having a Green Lantern in this movie, is hopefully a sign that the True Detective inspired Lanterns show on HBO is coming soon

Having a Green Lantern in this movie, is hopefully a sign that the True Detective inspired Lanterns show on HBO is coming soon
With the writers strike....soon means 2025 or late 20245 if we are lucky

I'm sure the film will do him better but Gunn choose the worst green latern for whatever reason, I guess as a joke character

With the writers strike....soon means 2025 or late 20245 if we are lucky

I'm sure the film will do him better but Gunn choose the worst green latern for whatever reason, I guess as a joke character
Probably because the show has the two main lanterns as leads.

Probably because the show has the two main lanterns as leads.
I mean I doubt the GL has much screen time, so confusing why Hal or John isn't coming. Guy is just from what I've heard the least liked Latern

Though in general I'm confused why any other super hero's are in this film. Even looking at GOTG, it's like how Adam Warlock is in the film for ZERO reason besides they need him in the MCU. So I hope it works out but would have loved just a Superman film setting up his life, his friends, maybe Lex in the background and giving the villain time to shine.

I mean I doubt the GL has much screen time, so confusing why Hal or John isn't coming. Guy is just from what I've heard the least liked Latern

Though in general I'm confused why any other super hero's are in this film. Even looking at GOTG, it's like how Adam Warlock is in the film for ZERO reason besides they need him in the MCU. So I hope it works out but would have loved just a Superman film setting up his life, his friends, maybe Lex in the background and giving the villain time to shine.
My understanding is that the plot kind of revolves around Superman existing in a world of “The Boys”-like supers. So this may lead to questions of how he fits in to the society and what he stands for in comparison. And then yes, that team gets their own movie next in the release line up.

My understanding is that the plot kind of revolves around Superman existing in a world of “The Boys”-like supers. So this may lead to questions of how he fits in to the society and what he stands for in comparison. And then yes, that team gets their own movie next in the release line up.
Interesting, so this universe will have will have the Justice Society lore starting back years ago. I hope it works out,

Gunn choose the worst green latern for whatever reason, I guess as a joke character

Guy Gardner is a big personality and Gunn/Nathan could have fun with a side character that helps builds out Supes' spot in the new DC.

To be honest, Guy's also my favorite Earth GL. He's funny whereas Hal is just stubborn and Kyle is...there. John Stewart is also great, so no notes on him.

Reactions: Ahmanet and Nico