Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 107 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I will say it’s very smart they started on the expansion for DK because it is based on all the three videos (Bloomberg, Nintendo, this streamer) the land definitely seems on the smaller side.

Reactions: Pacific
Power-Up Bands added to Nintendo's official website. It's a shame these are only available for purchase within Universal Studios Japan.

Power-Up Bands added to Nintendo's official website. It's a shame these are only available for purchase within Universal Studios Japan.

I feel once the land hits the US, they may start selling them out of the land once many have visited, encourages switch use, maybe they can have them be used in one of the few Nintendo stores in the US (also assuming they possibly open another in LA pre-olympics) so I suspect that will happen for sure. I also expect more designs eventually.

Regardless tho Universal/Nintendo will make a huge profit off of this.

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
A friend of mine who is currently at the park described the yoshi ride as "treasure hunters in Universal Singapore, but dressed in Mario aesthetics". Uh oh...

I see nothing wrong with that?

The Rona will make media coverage of this (and Beijing) much harder to find than it would've been.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Just to piggyback and clarify -

Universal has asked for no photos/videos or spoilers.... So we will honor that rule. Can't really have a Spoiler thread at that point.
To further clarify, since MK is the biggest new ride opening, are we allowed to acknowledge or post that a leak may be out there? No links or direction, just that it exists? Idk if thah makes sense or how strict we want to be regarding it.

I do wonder if Bowser's Challenge will be on par with Rise of the Resistance in terms of scope and immersion.

Rise of the Resistance is such a full experience. From the "queue", pre-shows and the ride itself, its the complete package. On top of crazy realistic animatronics, giant set pieces and a grand plot, Its simply amazing.

I really hope the attraction isn't too heavily dependent on AR tbh.

(This is me attempting to lower my expectations).

I do wonder if Bowser's Challenge will be on par with Rise of the Resistance in terms of scope and immersion.

Rise of the Resistance is such a full experience. From the "queue", pre-shows and the ride itself, its the complete package. On top of crazy realistic animatronics, giant set pieces and a grand plot, Its simply amazing.

I doubt MK has the preshows as elaborate as Rise.

Which is fine. Rise's ride portion isn't its strongest attribute (not that it's bad, mind you), and I would hope MK is a better *ride* if not a better experience overall

Personally, I would toss comparisons out the window since both attractions are quite frankly very different in many ways. RotR is a multi-part attraction in the same vein as the former Klingon Encounter/Star Trek Experience. There's really not many attractions like that at all, so it's scope is very different and in ways, it's own thing.

Meanwhile MK from the sounds of it is a crazy interactive dark ride, it would be easier doing comparisons with Men in Black since that too is a interactive dark ride, with dual tracks even!

Now something that can be compared...well MK is apparently up and running from opening previews. RotR wasn't even open for either coasts official opening.