Super Nintendo World (Osaka) - Donkey Kong Expansion Thread | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka) - Donkey Kong Expansion Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hollywood needs more expansion and mummy is a good ride,
Mummy is levels below this

I love the Mummy but its old and a worst version then ones found around the world, plus with the rumors of more Nintendo films to set up a Super Smash movie...DK for sure is getting a film and will make the ride at USH I'm sure have 3+ hour waits for the for year or two at USH

I wonder when we get closer to opening if anyone in the Japanese media reports the budget on this expansion because I'd be curious to know. Back when Super Nintendo World was planned to open in summer 2020, Nikkei had reported that the budget was 60 billion yen, which was $545 million at the current dollar : yen exchange rate.

I would expect DKC to be quite a bit cheaper than the initial Mario land. Although the boom coaster is a pretty innovative ride system they're doing for this, and it's reported to expand the Nintendo area by 70%.

I wonder when we get closer to opening if anyone in the Japanese media reports the budget on this expansion because I'd be curious to know. Back when Super Nintendo World was planned to open in summer 2020, Nikkei had reported that the budget was 60 billion yen, which was $545 million at the current dollar : yen exchange rate.

I would expect DKC to be quite a bit cheaper than the initial Mario land. Although the boom coaster is a pretty innovative ride system they're doing for this, and it's reported to expand the Nintendo area by 70%.
I just wish they would annouce the opening date already... We're about a month or two away and nothing has been announced

Off of the top of my head I want to say in the 200-250 million range ,,

Off of the top of my head I want to say in the 200-250 million range ,,

Oh wow, thanks for the heads up!

I wasn't sure what to expect of current Universal budgets because Hagrid was reported to be $300 million and that's just a ride and not a new land, but then again that's a pretty advanced ride lol.

How have they still not annouce any sort of opening date for this yet??? Like for SNW we knew a good 4-5 months in advance and this is supposed to be opening relatively soon (February-March I'm assuming) so what's the holdup?

How have they still not annouce any sort of opening date for this yet??? Like for SNW we knew a good 4-5 months in advance and this is supposed to be opening relatively soon (February-March I'm assuming) so what's the holdup?
Still nothing... :sob:

Still nothing... :sob:
This park is having major capacity issues at the moment due to multiple refurbishments and ride closures coinciding with each other. They might want to announce a date at a later time to prevent people from planning trips in advance that all coincide within a single condensed period. At least that would be my guess.

Delays after delays
Turnover was scheduled for october and kept getting pushed back, don’t think it happened yet,,,

Delays after delays
Turnover was scheduled for october and kept getting pushed back, don’t think it happened yet,,,
Goddangit man. I'm supposed to be going there soon (within the next few weeks) and I wanted to go in time for the ride opening, been planning for months. So frustrating that it's a mess

Goddangit man. I'm supposed to be going there soon (within the next few weeks) and I wanted to go in time for the ride opening, been planning for months. So frustrating that it's a mess
USJ wants it open before or with fantasy springs expansion which is June 6, with a preview window in may

• Sad
Reactions: saint.piss
The Kong statues at the back of the temple and the balloon barrel have to be additional minigames right?

That's what I'm thinking. They never show interiors deliberately on the Mario map for example unless it's for an interactive like how there's a brief look in Mt. Beanpole for the Yoshi egg block.