Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 235 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah I dunno, the Hollywood version of the land looks pretty meh compared to Japan. I knew it wouldn't be as good as Japan's due to the size problem, but I've noticed lots of corner cutting in general though. Like the 1-up Factory floor looks way worse than Japan's, and the back mountains very clearly look like they are pieced together with squares and it isn't smooth and convincing at all. They even printed the colorful mountain peaks on the green hills, whereas in Japan those colorful mountains are real 3D pieces in between layers of the green mountains. Also the merch in Hollywood looks like stuff you would just buy at a Target or something, where is all the cool clever stuff?

Really hope Florida's version is up to par with Japan.

Yeah I dunno, the Hollywood version of the land looks pretty meh compared to Japan. I knew it wouldn't be as good as Japan's due to the size problem, but I've noticed lots of corner cutting in general though. Like the 1-up Factory floor looks way worse than Japan's, and the back mountains very clearly look like they are pieced together with squares and it isn't smooth and convincing at all. They even printed the colorful mountain peaks on the green hills, whereas in Japan those colorful mountains are real 3D pieces in between layers of the green mountains. Also the merch in Hollywood looks like stuff you would just buy at a Target or something, where is all the cool clever stuff?

Weird, all the comments I’ve seen about the 1-up factory is people feel they improved it from the Japanese version.

Yours is the first I’ve seen that feels that particular store is worse.

Who?

Reactions: highdefrex and Nico
I think some did. I know of one certain theme park influencer we all know and love posted a selfie of him wearing the Mario AR gear in what looked to be a brick hallway.
Some TMs were also going through the land as part of rehearsals yesterday which is where he did this. As Brian said, no media rode MK.

Btw just warning you guys, the Yoshi AA in the Beanpole part of the MK queue was cut and replaced with screens

One thing I haven't heard much about - does the Toadstool Cafe have the interactive Toad on a screen?

Didn't expect to have to skip so much trying to go in as blind as possible. XD

Though I kinda wish we used some spoiler tags.

Anyways, fingers crossed for tomorrow.

EDIT: Forgot to say this, but on my skimming, I did catch how the tarps are apparently themed, which is nice.

Last edited:
Land looks really good, but combining Yoshi with Mario Kart (Bowser's Castle) is utterly bizarre to me. I understand why they did it, but it bothers me a bit. The aesthetic class is next level.

It's like if the DK minecart coaster started in a Luigi's Mansion themed area.

But besides that nitpick, looking gouda.

Last edited: