Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 233 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Everyone can resume their day now.

We apologize for the inconvenience as we work through a network outage affecting Pass Member reservations for SUPER NINTENDO WORLD™. Please visit UniversalPassMember.com or Twitter at @UniStudios on Friday, January 6 at noon PT for updated information. All reservations will begin early next week and previously announced AP preview dates will remain the same. Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience and we look forward to your visit..

Reactions: BriefCasey
Spell check your error message. Two periods are better than 1. “We apologize for the inconvenience as we work through a network outage affecting Pass Member reservations for SUPER NINTENDO WORLD™. Please visit UniversalPassMember.com or Twitter at @UniStudios on Friday, January 6 at noon PT for updated information. All reservations will begin early next week and previously announced AP preview dates will remain the same. Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience and we look forward to your visit..”

Well, at least my con should be over by then as long as it's somehow not on Sunday, which is the final day. Still kinda feel bummed I skipped a panel today for nothing.

Also, looks like we now got time to do that code helping thing someone suggested if anyone's up for that.

So can they do anything to not make this a mess next week?

Fire every single person in Universal's IT department. /s

More realistically, it's hard to say because we don't know what the issue was, and IT issues happen for hundreds of reasons. Was something on the backend not ready? Did someone make a mistake? Queue-It is a decent suggestion, but based on my own experience with implementation and the complete lack of references in the page code, there's a low to zero percent chance they are using it.

Fire every single person in Universal's IT department. /s

More realistically, it's hard to say because we don't know what the issue was, and IT issues happen for hundreds of reasons. Was something on the backend not ready? Did someone make a mistake? Queue-It is a decent suggestion, but based on my own experience with implementation and the complete lack of references in the page code, there's a low to zero percent chance they are using it.
I'm almost certain they're using a proprietary system, which has proven to be janky in the past. The likeliest explanation is that there were some known tech ops concerns leading up to the launch and someone made the call at the last minute to do additional QA/stress testing rather than risk it.

Reactions: Freak and Clive
If the call was made to delay things preemptively, then why didn't they announce that on social media earlier? Would have saved a lot of refreshing lol. We're they just holding out hope they could solve the problems in a few hours?

The update came early.

We apologize for the inconvenience from yesterday’s network outage affecting Pass Member reservations for SUPER NINTENDO WORLD™.

Beginning Monday, January 9 at 11am PST the reservation system will be operational and you will be able to schedule your visit. Please note, no Pass Member reservations have been made and all reservations will begin on January 9 at 11am. All previously announced dates will remain the same.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience and we look forward to your visit.