Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 158 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What I want to ask is why is then coming out so late in the year? They could not last year have done more work? Like at least from the pictures they went realllllly slow on building last year and no clue why this would not make 2022. It's like the management wants the park to be empty except for summer/spring break

I believe it was due to material shortages and the pandemic kinda screwed things up a bit further, setting back progress for SNW Hollywood for a while.

Gonna speak on this: SNW Osaka's prefabrification went up rather quickly as-well. Had it not of been for the pandemic, SNW would've been on-time for Spring 2020 even with the short timeframe.

Going to post the February 2020 shots for instance. I really do not think we should be concerned on the timeframe on this (Especially as some here have said of the land being completed by September). We can already see them getting ready, especially around areas like Mt. Beanpole and Bowser's Castle. It's times like this though that I wish @tommyhawkins could help us get a good basis on how the potential ten month clock is like how it is now for MK Tron compared to Shanghai Tron.

Basically, you had the Tokyo Olympics going on the same year, and the pandemic was in its early stages, which USJ wanted to finish in time just in case it was over. I don't think USH had the motivation to finish on time for anything.

Basically, you had the Tokyo Olympics going on the same year, and the pandemic was in its early stages, which USJ wanted to finish in time just in case it was over. I don't think USH had the motivation to finish on time for anything.

Been thinking of this, but, they kind of do? Illumination's Super Mario Bros (Assuming that's the title) is directly slated for December of 2022. And assuming SNW's prefab installation period goes just as fast, that would assuredly mean that they could get it ready by September (as @Chris Galindo has said in the past that most of the guest accessible interior locations are nearing completion).

If Universal is going to opt to approach Super Nintendo World in the same way Disney did for Galaxy's Edge, having the land ready for a December opening could allow them the chance to synergize heavily for those looking to make trips during the holiday season, and before Runaway Railway launches in the Spring of 2023.

Whelp, no Mario movie news in the Direct. Guess we're waiting a bit longer. I heavily doubt we'll see anything at the Super Bowl as Jurassic World Dominion and Nope already had their trailers announced for the Bowl.

And yeah, I feel that the movie is kind of the motivation to get the land finished. Hell, they could have the movie's red carpet in Hollywood.

Another potential motivating factor is that January 2023 is heavily blacked out for all passes except platinum, and even the Saturdays in February 2023 is blacked out for Silver . Considering that's one of if not the slowest times of year, the park would likely be completely empty if there wasn't anything new. As it stands currently I'm guessing most of the people going in that go in that time of year are AP holders, so they'd be at a big loss in in-park spending

Another potential motivating factor is that January 2023 is heavily blacked out for all passes except platinum, and even the Saturdays in February 2023 is blacked out for Silver . Considering that's one of if not the slowest times of year, the park would likely be completely empty if there wasn't anything new. As it stands currently I'm guessing most of the people going in that go in that time of year are AP holders, so they'd be at a big loss in in-park spending
Spring 23 has been my feeling lately.

Not getting this open in time with a movie won’t be the worst loss of synergy. This land will be popular for years to come, no matter when it opens.

I feel as though it can’t open sooner or it world. Whether delays in receiving materials or shifted timetable due to high costs or labor shortage, something may have slowed things down.

Not getting this open in time with a movie won’t be the worst loss of synergy. This land will be popular for years to come, no matter when it opens.

I feel as though it can’t open sooner or it world. Whether delays in receiving materials or shifted timetable due to high costs or labor shortage, something may have slowed things down.
Yes but every month it's not open its less money being brought in.

If this is open end of next year that makes 4 months with people buying Nintendo Bands, more merch, more crowds, people telling others about how fun it is bringing in more people later and so on along with being able to raise prices of AP's and tickets

I'm not doubting it could take until spring but if the upper people don't see the positives of getting this open ASAP, then hope someone is noticing and gets more active running USH

Reactions: joerodriguez
Yes but every month it's not open its less money being brought in.

If this is open end of next year that makes 4 months with people buying Nintendo Bands, more merch, more crowds, people telling others about how fun it is bringing in more people later and so on along with being able to raise prices of AP's and tickets

I'm not doubting it could take until spring but if the upper people don't see the positives of getting this open ASAP, then hope someone is noticing and gets more active running USH
I dont think it's a decision deliberately being made, so much as the realities of supply or labor issues? The people in charge probably want it open sooner rather than later. And hopefully things start to pick up!

So, someone can correct me, but is that the first piece of prefabrification installed for SNW? The only reason why I have doubts is with the size of the tarp.
Doubtful it's the top tarp, as the flag is taller and not shaped like such. BUT the tarp to the left of it a little lower could be hiding the three pre-fab coins on the mountain.
1644983197054.png
Edit: Or the plant next to Yoshi's tree if we assume that the layout is reversed in Hollywood

I am in agreement. I keep saying Q3 2023 (which starts in July 2023), but with soft openings, etc, Spring is possible with the official grand opening in the summer of 2023.

I am in agreement. I keep saying Q3 2023 (which starts in July 2023), but with soft openings, etc, Spring is possible with the official grand opening in the summer of 2023.
if they don't open this for a year and a half, after new toon town, that would be an extreme misstep. I'd be very surprised, and that doesn't really align with the level of completion of this project imo

Well what else needs to be done?
Judging from what has been said by people who seem to have some insider info, most of the interiors and the ride is complete. Meaning what's left is mainly finishing prep for prefab and then installing prefab, and getting those moving outdoor pieces running. This happened in Japan pretty quickly is my understanding, so I don't think they'd need 14-16 months. I could be wrong, but I feel like it's gonna be open by Spring by the latest. Any longer seems to me to be a bad move considering the poor attendance this park is getting.

Also, I can see from the email notification what you said before editing, not sure why you had to be kinda rude there originally
EDIT: Spring 2023 by the latest

Last edited:
Reactions: highdefrex and Nico
Judging from what has been said by people who seem to have some insider info, most of the interiors and the ride is complete. Meaning what's left is mainly finishing prep for prefab and then installing prefab, and getting those moving outdoor pieces running. This happened in Japan pretty quickly is my understanding, so I don't think they'd need 14-16 months. I could be wrong, but I feel like it's gonna be open by Spring by the latest. Any longer seems to me to be a bad move considering the poor attendance this park is getting.

Also, I can see from the email notification what you said before editing, not sure why you had to be kinda rude there originally
Trust me man, this thing isn’t going to open this Spring. Lol November after HHN or right before the holiday season with softs during the day of HHN season is the soonest and that’s the best case scenario.

Reactions: Nico
Trust me man, this thing isn’t going to open this Spring. Lol November after HHN or right before the holiday season with softs during the day of HHN season is the soonest and that’s the best case scenario.
Meant Spring 2023, woops should've specified sorry. I agree Spring 2022 is impossible lol