Stranger Things | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Stranger Things

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I agree with a lot of the analysis here. My biggest frustration is how all of the story lines are utilized. I get that there are a ton of characters and they need to break them up, but can we limit how many we have in one episode? I really don’t need to see every character every episode.

Everything from the California crew makes it feel like a crawl, especially with the energy suck/longing looks with Will and Mike. Just have the kid come out already and be done with it. (I’m only on episode 5, but still).

Finished episode 4 last night. Really enjoying it so far. Eddie Munson has been a great addition to the cast. Breakout performance. Love the heightened horror vibe. Usage of Kate Bush song at end of ep 4 was awesome and just the overall last 5-10 minutes of it had me on the edge of my seat.

Last edited:
I agree with a lot of the analysis here. My biggest frustration is how all of the story lines are utilized. I get that there are a ton of characters and they need to break them up, but can we limit how many we have in one episode? I really don’t need to see every character every episode.

Everything from the California crew makes it feel like a crawl, especially with the energy suck/longing looks with Will and Mike. Just have the kid come out already and be done with it. (I’m only on episode 5, but still).

I agree.

I would like to add on...

Jumping constantly between characters can be very annoying and breaks the tension. I want to see Robert Englund's prison interview and they annoying cut to the California crew. Two very different moments with two very different tones.

Finished the episodes, and though I have some significant reservations (the non-Hawkins stuff took a long time to finally get compelling... though I think those storylines did get there by the end), everything in Hawkins is fantastic (Vecna's the villain this show has needed), and the stage is set quite well for the next 4ish hours coming in July.

Reactions: SeventyOne and Nico
I had fun with this "volume," but it's a lot of plot over character. Also very exhausted by stories that are essentially "we have to undo the major sacrifice/loss (and thus its consequences) that was central to the emotional shape of the last season." We've got two of those this round.

Man. Not sure if it's because I really loved Season 3, but so far, this season is weak as hell. Too much exposition, episodes are edited like the show is a sitcom which take away from the gravity of situations while other times the melodrama is way too emphasized and a villain who's catalyst seems to be executed in the vain of Rise of Skywalker. I did enjoy the (mid season?) finale, but very disappointed so far.

Reactions: n i c k and Nico
Chapter 4 was the highlight of this season (well, at least the Part 1 portion). Still having a ton of fun with this show, but agree that there are so many characters to the point that it gets bogged down a little bit.

Eddie turned out to be a really strong addition to the show, and Argyle is the kind of dumb comedic relief that makes the California segments mildly interesting. I'm interested to see if part two will finally have a "wow they really went there" type of moment.

Chapter 4 was the highlight of this season (well, at least the Part 1 portion).

The ending of this episode with Max is one of the best sequences of the entire show.

I'm interested to see if part two will finally have a "wow they really went there" type of moment.

I think they finally need to kill one of the major characters and have it stick.

Eddie turned out to be a really strong addition to the show, and Argyle is the kind of dumb comedic relief that makes the California segments mildly interesting. I'm interested to see if part two will finally have a "wow they really went there" type of moment.
Which is something I’m waiting for. The show, as it stands now, has little to no stakes and Hopper returning really undercut that any of the main characters is actually under any real threat. Yeah, they killed Billy last season—but he wasn’t an OG nor was he ever one of the heroes.

As much I love Max’s character, I was actually wanting her to die in episode four. Suddenly, the stakes for all of them (especially Lucas) would have increased tenfold. It also would have increased the threat that Vecna poses to the heroes specifically. As it stands, yeah, he’s scary. But we still don’t know enough his motivations to care.

Yeah, regarding Hopper’s return in particular, it was really strange how that was the first thing they advertised about Stranger Things 4 years ago. Kind of breaks any impact when it actually happens in the show.

Also, I have to say it, no one’s ever really gone in Stranger Things…
1654003363473.png

Reactions: SeventyOne
As much I love Max’s character, I was actually wanting her to die in episode four. Suddenly, the stakes for all of them (especially Lucas) would have increased tenfold. It also would have increased the threat that Vecna poses to the heroes specifically. As it stands, yeah, he’s scary. But we still don’t know enough his motivations to care.

Agree on that. Think Will is gonna go in Part 2..

After Obi Wan I had to put on my racing helmet and seat buckles as the first two episodes I have seen pass in lightning speed and I love it. No bad actors to spoil the fun and the writing is awesome. In the past the character Erica Sinclair was performed very poorly by the young actor but the short bit I've seen from her is much better and bodes well. Also like how my youth is now a period piece lol. Looking forward to watch the rest in my snail pace so I can continue it when the rest drops.

-The Russia stuff DRAGS.
-El's story...I'll have to see how it plays out, but it feels just a little redundant.
-That said, as everyone already mentioned the stuff in Hawkins is an absolute blast. I kinda felt done with this show but this season pulled me back into it.

Last edited:
Which is something I’m waiting for. The show, as it stands now, has little to no stakes and Hopper returning really undercut that any of the main characters is actually under any real threat. Yeah, they killed Billy last season—but he wasn’t an OG nor was he ever one of the heroes.

The writers alluded to some deaths happening in Part 2 because of said stakes.

My guess is
Jonathan, Murray, and/or Lucas.

What makes you say...

Jonathan and/or Lucas.

Just reading the tea leaves, and I think it would create interesting plots for the show as it enters the final season.

Based on how the story Nancy and Jonathan was going, and how it seems she still pines for Steve - I could also see Steve being the one to go instead. But basically, one of her boys is going. :lol:

AFA Lucas, I think the main kid group has gotta take a hit. I think Mike and Dustin are too untouchable; and if Jonathan dies, they can't kill off Will. Plus, it creates more loss for Max which could further her character development even better for the 5th.

Just reading the tea leaves, and I think it would create interesting plots for the show as it enters the final season.

Based on how the story Nancy and Jonathan was going, and how it seems she still pines for Steve - I could also see Steve being the one to go instead. But basically, one of her boys is going. :lol:

AFA Lucas, I think the main kid group has gotta take a hit. I think Mike and Dustin are too untouchable; and if Jonathan dies, they can't kill off Will. Plus, it creates more loss for Max which could further her character development even better for the 5th.

Interesting thinking that I never thought about before.

I will say I would be interested if in somehow every subplot (Hawkins, Russia, West Coast Team) someone dies.

Maybe Enzo, with all of the stuff they have set up with his family, has a shot at going too even though he's a new character to the show.

I agree out of all the original kids, Lucas has the most material currently set up in the season to possibly go. Mike and Will have done nothing so far this season to warrant there death, and yeah Dustin is too unteachable with the fans.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts