Starbucks coming to WDW | Inside Universal Forums

Starbucks coming to WDW

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

JungleSkip

V.I.P. Member
Feb 15, 2010
The Mushroom Kingdom
Death to NesCrappe!

From the blog:

Today, we’re excited to officially announce plans to bring your favorite Starbucks drinks and food items to all of our theme parks at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort.

In June, the first of six planned Starbucks locations is scheduled to open at Disney California Adventure park. And more locations are planned at Disneyland park and Walt Disney World Resort (Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom).

The Starbucks locations inside our parks will be designed to fit the theme of their surroundings. At Disney California Adventure park, Starbucks will be located in the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Café on Buena Vista Street, a place that transports guests to 1920s Los Angeles, when Walt Disney arrived in California and a cup of coffee was the perfect way to jumpstart a busy day. The store’s location plays off the Spanish/Mexican architecture of the period, and baristas will wear 1920s-inspired attire.

The café will serve Starbucks items, including coffee and espresso beverages, Frappuccino® blended beverages, and signature breakfast sandwiches and pastries. Guests also will have their choice of Disney favorites, including signature sandwiches and other items, as well as delicious desserts and sweet treats.

Let us know what you’ll be ordering in the comments.

I read somewhere recently, that as many as 60-80% of the UK drinks instant (freeze dried) coffee. Many of them Nescafe. This is opposed to fresh brewed ground coffee. Seems hard to believe, huh.

^^Possibly. All I know is Nescafe is the worst swill I've ever drank, and while Starbucks isn't the best coffee in the world, it's far, far superior and is a welcomed addition.

Dunkin is better coffee, I feel, but I guess Disney expects Starbucks dessert drinks to be the sellers more than actual coffee. They sell Jofferey's currently, right? That's what I drank most on campus in college. I'll still probably grab coffee at McDs before Starbucks.

Dunkin is better coffee, I feel, but I guess Disney expects Starbucks dessert drinks to be the sellers more than actual coffee. They sell Jofferey's currently, right? That's what I drank most on campus in college. I'll still probably grab coffee at McDs before Starbucks.

Dunkin is indeed better, but I like Starbucks as well. Jofferey's is only served at a few places in Epcot, I'm pretty sure. Most areas serve NesCafe, which is coffee syrup in hot water.

Ok, let's place bets on the locations at WDW.

AK - Dinoland
Epcot - American Adventure, The Land
DHS - Sunset Blvd, Streets of America
MK - Main Street

Dunkin is indeed better, but I like Starbucks as well. Jofferey's is only served at a few places in Epcot, I'm pretty sure. Most areas serve NesCafe, which is coffee syrup in hot water.

Oh, I didn't even know Jofferey's at Epcot. I know they have it at DAK, though. Is it sad all I can't think of when I see it as how much I hate Joff Baratheon? NesCafe is definitely gross and a half.

--- Update ---

AK - Dinoland
MK - Main Street

I think Starbucks would really diminish the classic appeal Main Street USA. I hope they find a better place for it.

AK - Dinoland
MK - Main Street

EPCOT will probably be either Fountain View or Oddessy, IMO.

I think Starbucks would really diminish the classic appeal Main Street USA. I hope they find a better place for it.

I'm willing to bet it'll be Main Street, but I wouldn't mind seeing it go into the Veranda.

AK - Africa
Epcot - The Land (Any World Showcase country seems like a stretch, Morocco perhaps?)
DHS - Sunset Blvd. (I think this is the easiest to place, there are more generic spaces to easily fit with a theme)
MK - Main St. seems to be the only logical place

EPCOT will probably be either Fountain View or Oddessy, IMO.

I'm willing to bet it'll be Main Street, but I wouldn't mind seeing it go into the Veranda.

I was actually thinking Tomorrowland. It's called Starbucks, after all. They could weave it into TL if they stylize it. I think it would devalue MainStreet but, then again, I felt the same way about Eddy's.

AK - Africa
Epcot - The Land (Any World Showcase country seems like a stretch, Morocco perhaps?)
DHS - Sunset Blvd. (I think this is the easiest to place, there are more generic spaces to easily fit with a theme)
MK - Main St. seems to be the only logical place

It won't be in the Land. No where to put it. It'll be in Innoventions(Fountain View area) or Oddessy, IMO.

I was actually thinking Tomorrowland. It's called Starbucks, after all. They could weave it into TL if they stylize it. I think it would devalue MainStreet but, then again, I felt the same way about Eddy's.

I mean a small Starbucks sign wouldn't kill MS. As you said, Eddy's is pretty unobtrusive. But Tomorrowland would work as well.

This is pretty funny because in MK on Saturday I was in line at the bakery on Main St and someone was asking if they sold any other coffee besides crappy Nescafe :lol:

I guess he was just a litttle early

This definitely makes life easier. Granted, when I'm out at the parks I don't drink too much coffee but that Starbuck's at Universal sure has been convenient during HHN. There definitely will be some late nights where I utilize the Starbuck's at MK.

I honestly don't see WDW placing a Starbucks anywhere in Magic Kingdom that logically makes sense or would keep the atmosphere of any of the lands, but then again, this is a public company! I honestly could see a branch being placed in Main Street. For any of the other parks: Oddessy in EPCOT would bring more foot traffic to the area that's now just a small infirmary and unoccupied space. In HS, one of the smaller end gift shops on Sunset Blvd could easily be converted into a branch. I don't think anywhere on Streets of America would get nearly as much business. In DAK, obviously a new structure would have to be put up, or (God save the soul of the man who approves this deal) Kusifiri Bakery in Africa could be converted.

Honestly, I would only like to see branches be constructed in DTD, TTC (tons of business, premium location), the Oddessy building in EPCOT, and maybe in the deluxe hotels. For everywhere else, I'd like to see operations remain the way they are, only switching brands of coffee from Nescafe (hurts to even type it) to Starbucks.

So we have Disney and Universal covered, Starbucks wise. I always wondered why SeaWorld and Starbuck did not partner up yet. They really have the easiest situation of integrating it into the park, theming/shop wise.

Than again, Ten years ago, Starbucks wasn't even present in Orlando, maybe I need to give it some time.

So we have Disney and Universal covered, Starbucks wise. I always wondered why SeaWorld and Starbuck did not partner up yet. They really have the easiest situation of integrating it into the park, theming/shop wise.

Than again, Ten years ago, Starbucks wasn't even present in Orlando, maybe I need to give it some time.

SeaWorld brews Starbucks coffee in the bakery at the front of the park. They just serve the basics, no frapps etc.