Star Wars: New Jedi Council | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: New Jedi Council

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This seems insane instead of just making it a December 2026 release. Disney has nothing coming out that December. Oh, except they do now because there's supposedly two Star Wars Movies coming out in 2026 which seems like a bad idea. December 2026 and 2027 are earmarked for Star Wars. It's either going to be the Mangold movie in December 2026 and Filoni in 2027 or vice-versa.

For context, May 22, 2026 for New Jedi Council is only 3 weeks after Kang Dynasty. The Last time a Star Wars movie released in May, it was Solo: A Star Wars Story, only a few weeks after Infinity War.

well that worked out! right? right??
So well they're doing it again! I think they know that a movie with Rey is too controversial and won't make enough money to be their December Star Wars movie so I wouldn't be surprised if this film is working on a bit of a lower budget with the expectation of lower return than, say, a Mando-verse finale movie. Or whatever James Mangold's film is.

Reactions: Jake S
I think it needs to space away for Avengers.

Disney should be giving these HUGE releases 2 months apart.

Star Wars has not had a new film in years and while maybe it wont do well they should pretend like it will over having it and Avengers literally weeks apart

Reactions: Nick
So talking about this in The Mandalorian thread lead to me looking something up about it and turns out they are supposedly making what imo is a smart move and Rey won't be a lead in this film, but play a supporting role in the vein of Luke, Leia, Han, etc in the new trilogy.

Rey is obviously a character that is very divisive so if you are going to do a film with her in it I think this is probably the best way to go, but then it really depends on the main cast and making them a likable bunch of characters with good writing along with a good villain. Remember, there was a rumor that Grogu would be on the council so right there that's a big selling point.