Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Will Galaxy's Edge sell more food and merch than Potter?

I'd happily stump up for plenty of the stuff I've seen (although I think it's very overpriced and I'm not going for the lightsaber)

People’s first impression of these new lands are usually accurate, so I’m surprised that reports so far have been very short of glowing, which is what I was expected with this addition. Will be interested to see if RotR makes any difference in people’s opinions when it opens later this year. Not the emotional crying and joy that we saw when Hogsmeade and Diagon opened at UOR.

Im quite surprised by this.

I think a lot of this has to do with timing and the fact that Batuu is not represented as an iconic place in the movie series. Let's face it.....Wizarding World came shortly after the HP film series ended and was fresh in everyone's minds. SWGE came 35-40 years after the beloved and iconic original Star Wars films. The core fans of HP were still in their teens and 20s when Wizarding World opened. The core fans of the original Star Wars films are in their 40s, 50s & 60s now.

Do we know what these new light sabors are like? Do they expand, are they always extended, etc. I was under the impression they were a new technology and closer to "real" light sabors than ever before. Just trying to figure out if $200 is outrageous or not.

The blades are removable, but not collapsible. We haven't seen any evidence of those reports about "more realistic lightsabers" actually appearing in the land -- perhaps that's tech that will be implemented on the Kylo Ren AAs on Rise of the Resistance, but that's just a guess on my part.

As for the $200 price, I still think it's high. But a friend pointed out to me the following: Included in that price is a pin (which Disney would charge at least $10 for if they were selling it separately) and a carrying sleeve sling (which I'm sure would be at least $20 - $30 if Disney were selling it separately), as well as a blade (which are being sold for $45 - $50 separately). When you add that up, that basically puts the hilt right at the same general price point as the cheaper "Legacy" lightsaber hilts being sold in Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities, only these ones you get to customize yourself AND you get the "show/experience" on top of that.

Seeing it logically broken down like that makes it slightly easier for me to consider justifying it, but obviously I'd much rather not be spending that amount of money!

I don't get why this was so hard: just make some blueberry-tasting milk. Why did they have to try so hard?

I've seen it reported that somebody in the food and beverage division was saying that their directive was to make a drink that tasted like the best possible version (a premium version) of milk left at the bottom of a bowl of sugary, fruity cereal.

Sounds like they really blew that.

I've seen it reported that somebody in the food and beverage division was saying that their directive was to make a drink that tasted like the best possible version (a premium version) of milk left at the bottom of a bowl of sugary, fruity cereal.

Sounds like they really blew that.

I saw one video where he compared green milk to fruity pebbles, so I guess they met the directive at least

Reactions: HPFred and belloq87
Why does this even matter?

They should have never gone the non-dairy route. They sell plenty of ice cream in the park. A regular dairy based blue milk and then a non-dairy green milk would have made much more sense.

Fix it Disney!
Agreed. They’ll initially make some more money from them being both non-dairy and it being a new product, but after a few months no one is going to buy it on repeat visits.

Obviously without having tasted the beverages yet, I think they made a couple of key errors:

1. Not using real milk. I get the intention of wanting to make this something everybody could drink, but rice milk has a distinctly different texture and mouthfeel than dairy milk (I happen to think it’s kind of gross, but your mileage may vary!). There’s almost a gritty, granular quality, which is what I believe is causing many of the “it coats your mouth and you can’t get rid of it” reactions. There really should have been multiple options for people who can and can't have dairy.

2. Making it a thick, semi-frozen, smoothie-style concoction. Designing the beverage to be an ultra-cold liquid that is fully drinkable would, I think, have been more refreshing.

Reactions: HPFred
Why does this even matter?

They should have never gone the non-dairy route. They sell plenty of ice cream in the park. A regular dairy based blue milk and then a non-dairy green milk would have made much more sense.

Fix it Disney!

Nothing like a glass of milk in the middle of a hot summer afternoon?

Reactions: SeventyOne
Nothing like a glass of milk in the middle of a hot summer afternoon?

giphy.gif