Star Wars: Dawn of The Jedi | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Dawn of The Jedi

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Pleaseeeee let this happen. No other Star Wars project matters as much as this one to me now.

He's a freakin awesome director/writer (much like Rian Johnson) and the fandom is going to hopefully love him after Indy 5 anyway. Plus with this being set at the beginning of it all, there's less room for fans to get have complaints about certain things because this is basically it's own thing and set before everything currently released. It's the true beginning.

Do we really need a thread for every in-development Star Wars project?

As Jerrodd says, we do it for Marvel and DC most of the time; ain't no shame in doing it especially when there is information to share, like the New Jedi Council, and that that one has been stewing for a while.

__

To get to Dawn of The Jedi, all for it. The fact that Mangold's being given open range to tell a story like this, especially if it goes into the Rule of Two; is genuinely fascinating and bold for the studio. They must be genuinely confident in Indiana Jones if they're willing to let him at it.

We do it for Marvel. Is this different?
The clear difference they are pointing to i'm sure is the amount of films in a row now have been announced and then cancelled. However, the way this was all laid out and announced makes me think that they are more serious this time with these films. I think the only one at risk is New Jedi Order bc the of how divisive the sequel trilogy was.

Also, we have threads for those cancelled projects. It's not like it matters. In the end if it happens then we have a thread if it doesn't it wilts away. If there's people interested in a topic then a thread is worthwhile.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
The clear difference they are pointing to i'm sure is the amount of films in a row now have been announced and then cancelled. However, the way this was all divisive the sequel trilogy was.
Fair

I hope these projects don't just die but unlike at least the new sequels have Dave F attached so that project I bet is happening and bet this project will happen unless Indy 5 is just a bomb

Fair

I hope these projects don't just die but unlike at least the new sequels have Dave F attached so that project I bet is happening and bet this project will happen unless Indy 5 is just a bomb
I had actually left some stuff out of my original post that meant to be in so that wasn't exactly what I meant to say. I edited now. The way everything was announced today with all directors they're talking about the projects and KK going on a press tour talking about them gives me hope that they've finally settled on a film slate. I have no doubt the Filoni one will happen and I really hope the Mangold one sticks. Talk about a follow up to the sequel trilogy has been going on for awhile too so I tend to believe that.

I spoke on this in the TPS server on discord but this feels all solid.

Mangolds riding on high with Indiana Jones being open range to discuss at at Cannes, the Rey film appears to be first up to bat, and Filonis makes sense as the MandoVerse expands with Ahsoka and Skeleton Crew. I also think Avatar allows them to stick to the Bi-Year schedule now for theatrical, so they don’t have to always try to be present every single year for a Star Wars theatrical film.

Getting back to Dawn, Mangold has spoken in interviews that he is writing the film now alongside Swamp Thing, and it simply is going to matter on which goes up to bat first.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
LucasFilm has had the worst luck when it comes to picking directors.

Announced:
Benioff & Weiss - Project cancelled after GoT S8 disaster
Rian Johnson - Project bandied about for years and cancelled due to poor fan reception of TLJ (even though it's great...)
Patty Jenkins - Project put on hold after Wonder Woman 1984 poor reception
Kevin Feige (Producer) - Project cancelled now that the MCU is struggling
Taika Waititi - Project cancelled after Thor: Love & Thunder poor reception

Luckily for Mangold, I think his movie will get made, but again, it's a director coming off of a mediocre reception and a box office performance that will probably be okay, but not great. Mangold is a terrific screenwriter and director though and where I personally think he may have hurt Indy a bit in being a bit too serious I think he can do some really cool things in a Star Wars movie.

With Indy 5 doing fine

Who knows what will happen next but Disney is looking to save money and micas film just had season 3 of mandalorian, Indy 5 and Wicket

So I could see then finally changing things up soon

With Indy 5 doing fine

Who knows what will happen next but Disney is looking to save money and micas film just had season 3 of mandalorian, Indy 5 and Wicket

So I could see then finally changing things up soon
Overall it’s numbers probably look okay, but I’m talking like $500-$600M worldwide based on how it’s started on a movie that cost $300M before marketing the film. If the budget was lower, numbers like those wouldn’t be such an issue.

Overall it’s numbers probably look okay, but I’m talking like $500-$600M worldwide based on how it’s started on a movie that cost $300M before marketing the film. If the budget was lower, numbers like those wouldn’t be such an issue.
I agree but with Mermaid and Elemental also having higher budgets Disney Summer is looking pretty bad considering how much they spent.

But Lucas Film and Pixar both need new leadership, Its cool if some people enjoy what they've been putting out but for the money being spent the returns are too low and many of the projects coming out aren't the best quality. I hope we see less of both if it means things people want to see over just throwing idea's at the wall and seeing what sticks

I agree but with Mermaid and Elemental also having higher budgets Disney Summer is looking pretty bad considering how much they spent.

But Lucas Film and Pixar both need new leadership, Its cool if some people enjoy what they've been putting out but for the money being spent the returns are too low and many of the projects coming out aren't the best quality. I hope we see less of both if it means things people want to see over just throwing idea's at the wall and seeing what sticks
Those budgets were a full $100M less though. Also, this summer almost everything is failing and I’m convinced it’s because people don’t know these movies are coming out. People seem to love Elemental, but where was the marketing? Also no marketing for Indy, Flash, Transformers, etc.

No Hard Feelings had better marketing than some of these movies. GotG 3, Across the Spiderverse, Super Mario, TLM, all had good marketing. Everything else has been pretty crap.

Yeah

They basically killed GOT ending....to not make so many films they wanted to after

They should have just stuck the GOT landing and then made films but....now we are in a world without this film or a goof GOT ending

Reactions: BayAreaBubba