Star Tours 3D | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Tours 3D

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here's an article...

The 1980s-era Star Tours attractions at Disneyland in California and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida will get a complete overhaul by 2011, Disney announced today.

In the new 3-D version of the venerable simulator ride, visitors board a Starspeeder and join a high-speed pod race through the desert canyons of Tatooine in a scene from the “Star Wars” movie series.

A complete reboot of the Star Tours attraction, which debuted at the Anaheim theme park in 1987, has been one of the longest-running rumors on the Internet.

“Star Wars” creator George Lucas, who announced in 2005 that Star Tours would be “getting an overhaul soon,” will work with the Disney Imagineering creative department on Star Tours 2.0.

Over the years, Anthony Daniels (C-3P0) and Frank Oz (Yoda) fueled speculation about a new attraction by letting slip in news interviews that they’d lent their voices to an updated Star Tours.

Star Tours rides in Tokyo Disneyland and Disneyland Paris won’t be part of the initial upgrade.

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/star-tours-disney-5358/

Oh. My. God.

You have to be friggin' kidding me. This awful rumor, the rumor from hell, turns out to be true.

George Lucas, you have done it again. Unbelievable. :bang:

Hey! This could be good! I mean, pod racing isn't the best idea, but it's 3D! And it's something new! I mean, just look on the bright side of things. It makes you happy :)

Well that's a relief because there's still absolutely no reason to pull anything from the prequels into this ride. When will George Lucas learn that his prequels were an abysmal failure and the general public hates them?

I thought that the first three episodes were really good. I also like the Clone Wars. Not a big fan of it being in 3-D. It really doesn't seem to fit. But everything else I am really excited about. I hope we still get to blow up the Death Star.

I'm sorry, but something is still bothering me. Are we sure this is coming to DHS? At D23, they said it's going into disneyland, but, correct me if i'm wrong (please let me be wrong!), that the chairman didn't mention WDW.

I hate to be like this, but I don't want to get all excited about it if I won't be able to ride it.

Today at D23 Jay Rasulo announced that a new 3-D version of the tremendously-popular “Star Tours” attraction will debut at the Disneyland Resort and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2011. The attraction will include immersive new elements that will take guests to many familiar places in the Star Wars galaxy.

I believe it was confirmed in a post-show interview with Imagineers.

I recently rode Star Tours yesterday. It is in desperate need of a Refurb. It is Very jerky, and some of the animatronics have some bugs. Plus a new film is needed badly. This was a great move on Disney's part.

I guess I'm going to have to go on this before they shut it down. Despite its out of shape status, there's a lot of nostalgia I want to experience one more time.

How much is the queue and the outside going to change? Any guesses?