Star Tours 3D | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Tours 3D

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
God Star Tours is in desperate need of a makeover... at least the actual video because geezus its so shaky. Jason likes to ride it so I ride it with him, but I can't even tell you the last time I actually watched the screen. I always look down at the ground so I don't get sick. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is some contradictory info to what was reported yesterday by screamscape. It says that WDW has pretty much pulled out of a coordinated upgrade with Disneyland. And that TDA is trying to get Tokyo Disneyland to take Orlando's version of the attraction:

http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al030309a.htm
NO! Say it isn't so!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I rode Star Tours one last time (or so I thought) back in January because of all the rumors regarding the upgrade. After reading the article you linked to, I'm convinced it would become another "must see" for me at DHS again. Random plotlines and more interaction with the audience? Those sound like great ideas. I could see you taking tours to Endor, Tatooine, Naboo, Coruscant, Hoth and others. I would very much look forward to this. And one would think that an upgrade to the ride would also include improved theming outside as well as inside. It could be great...but the suits have messed it up again! :bang:

Wow, we Californians have had it pretty good recently! :lol:

In-Cabin Special Effects? Interaction with the audience? Updated exterior? I am most definitely in. :thumbs:

Btw, for reference on "In-Cabin Special Effects" take a look at this video from Tokyo DisneySea's StormRider Attraction. Notice the scene where the missle goes haywire on the screen then comes toward the plane, therefore crashing through the roof via a physical prop that actually comes crashing through the ceiling? Now that is something I would look forward to.

Last edited:
What a difference six months makes as it looks like the Star Tours 2 project has been delayed until 2011 according to an update at MiceAge from a few weeks ago. However, shortly after that article was posted, I was contacted by one of my sources who reported that the story about the delay was old news leftover from last summer. With everyone in fear of losing their jobs these days, I’m told that the Star Tours 2 project was brought back out of the closet and is being worked on once again to prove that the department staff is needed because they are still in the middle of a major project.

While there is no solid timeline set for it yet, there are some issues going on between Disneyland and Disney World management over this new attraction. Disneyland wants the full fledged, crank the knob up to 11, full of new in-cabin special effects version of Star Tours 2. Orlando on the other hand, always ready to snip away at attraction budgets, is asking for a more bare-bones, no-frills version, and to reuse as much of what’s already installed as possible version. The funny part is that in an effort to push this thing along, both may get their wish, with Orlando being willing to put in the low-budget version while Disneyland installs a version of many cool new effects. What could help or hurt the scheduling here however is just how willing the Oriental Land Company is to get involved in the project as well, providing additional cost-sharing capital to the project which would help them all move into production more quickly.

Source:Screamscape

This ride needs to be updated pretty badly... but if you're gonna half ass it... what's the point?

Do it right, or don't do it at all.

I don't know. This could go either way. Hey, it's a motion simulator. They have the film, they have the settings for the cars. It would not be that hard to change it back if need be. Or for Star Wars Weekend just for kicks. I like the incorporation of the older movies. I hope we see more movie references like Bobba Fett. Maybe the Millennium Falcon makes an appearance. Anything is possible because the Star Wars Universe is extremely big.

Disney made a fake permit or is just doing a tiny renovation, you and I know it. :lol:

In all seriousness, I hope that something real as rumored comes up out of this. Nice find, Yeti!

I don't think what they were filming was anything for Star Tours,Rick McCallum hinted back in 2006 at SWW that the live action TV show would be centered around Boba Fett and now suddenly they're filming stuff with Boba Fett,yea it's definitely not a coincidence.

Confirmed! :thumbs:

star_tours_5120.jpg

It's been confirmed for both Disneyland and Hollywood Studios and will feature Pod Racing in 3-D.