Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Springfield

Does anyone know if all the Springfield restaurants have been open this week, because I am going tomorrow. (I did have a F&F preview, but it was cancelled :( )

The statue of Chief Wiggum is already in a pretty crappy condition unfortunately, it's starting to resemble a chuck-e-cheese figure in distress. While it's matte finish looks better than the glossy finish in Orlando, it's paint is getting really dirty, and it has almost no protective extra layer, and there are lots of scratches and carvings on him. Quite depressing. They need to refinish him.

On a positive note, his police car scared the crap out of me yesterday! I actually have never seen it be interactive in person. Its sirens started blaring and spinning, the "dent" from the crash was spewing mist, and the light pole was flickering. Pretty cool!

It seems Springfield's service might be a hit or miss. My first two visits entailed ridiculously long waits for my food, whereas my most recent trip was the complete opposite. My order was sitting out on the counter before I even had my receipt handed to me by the cashier.

Chief Wiggum is gone. Also, I did have my first Krusty Burger (all the other times I came I had Chicken and Waffle Sandwich or tacos) today, and it was actually a pretty good burger (The service was really fast, but I was there in the evening and there was a very small line).
20316877530_765efeccdd_k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if it's because the quality of the figure deteriorated quicker than expected. I noted that when I looked at the figure a few months ago, he had this dirty muted look and many scratches from people carving little lines into him with their fingernails.

New menu at Phineas.  The old one indicated that vanilla or chocolate could be combined with a flavor swirl when in fact it's only possible with vanilla.  I'm glad the revised version is clear.

Springfield_090415_1.jpg

When in line at Phineas but looking toward Lard Lad, the lighting rig appears to be pointing at Phineas.  More likely it'll illuminate Special Effects Show building.

Springfield_090415_2.jpg

So Cleatus' is closed today for some odd reason. Even when I look down from the upstairs, the lobby is covered up with a tarp to keep people from looking down. Anybody have info on what's going on?

Could be repainting. When I was there a few days ago, I noticed that the floor was repainted and the seating area just to the left of the stairs heading was closed.

It's the paint/quality of construction. Overall it's fantastic but it kinda reminds me of when the swirly paint in front of the Simpsons ride kept peeling and getting gross a few times. Same thing with the Wiggums figure.

I'm curious what the actual issue is though.

So....we get a promotional billboard, the Springfield Hills sign, AND a Welcome to Springfield sign! Take THAT, Florida!

Seriously, that's great. Really helps with the "separation" of the "lands" they're trying to create.

Except now that roving Special Effects Stage sign is horribly out of place and even blocks that sign. Hope they move it.

Still crossing my fingers they update the RIDE though. Projection needs updating, and the cheap exterior still looks horribly out of place next to Springfield.