Spider-Man: No Way Home | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man: No Way Home

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Short Version the best Spiderman Stories are when the character is one his own.

I would love someone to name a comic Spiderman is famous for outside his own books. Most people like the Venom, Kraven and Sinister Six stuff I don't know anyone who is like my favorite Story is when Spiderman helped the Avengers.
Miss Marvel, to me is also stronger on her own. When she has villains that fit her life and make sense not some super alien she has no connection to.
You clearly don't like like the idea of Spidey being in the MCU, which isn't necessarily an invalid criticism. But if if he's going to be in it, his role is more of a Robin than a Batman. His powers complement the rest of the Avengers, but if he was the leader, they'd be in trouble as a crime fighting mega-group.

I don't disagree that he's a more interesting character when separated from the MCU, but after Spider-Man 3, I believe we're going to see him in the way you you seem to want to in what will likely be a Spider-Man vs. Sinister Six movie outside of the MCU (unless Feige and Sony want to go in that direction together). Ultimately, he's a street-level superhero so putting him into The Avengers I feel he's playing a bit out of his league.

You clearly don't like like the idea of Spidey being in the MCU, which isn't necessarily an invalid criticism. But if if he's going to be in it, his role is more of a Robin than a Batman. His powers complement the rest of the Avengers, but if he was the leader, they'd be in trouble as a crime fighting mega-group.

I don't disagree that he's a more interesting character when separated from the MCU, but after Spider-Man 3, I believe we're going to see him in the way you you seem to want to in what will likely be a Spider-Man vs. Sinister Six movie outside of the MCU (unless Feige and Sony want to go in that direction together). Ultimately, he's a street-level superhero so putting him into The Avengers I feel he's playing a bit out of his league.
I want to point out Captain America and Ironman are "team leaders" and aren't the strongest but I just want Spiderman in the MCU like Cap got.

I want him to be mainly on his own and show up in the Avengers films to help out. Focus on Peter, his relationship with his aunt. How he evolves as a person, and how that affects his friends and show him messing up in ways we all do but in the end making it as right as he can.
Thats my thoughts on Spiderman, I hope after this film they let him do more on his own and not need a mentor the entire film but like I said before at least I have the games and Spider Verse.

I want to point out Captain America and Ironman are "team leaders" and aren't the strongest but I just want Spiderman in the MCU like Cap got.

I want him to be mainly on his own and show up in the Avengers films to help out. Focus on Peter, his relationship with his aunt. How he evolves as a person, and how that affects his friends and show him messing up in ways we all do but in the end making it as right as he can.
Thats my thoughts on Spiderman, I hope after this film they let him do more on his own and not need a mentor the entire film but like I said before at least I have the games and Spider Verse.
Because Iron Man, Cap and Thor really started this whole Universe. They were part of the original group of Avengers in the MCU. Some of the extremely powerful players that we are now working with in Doctor Strange, Scarlett Witch, Captain Marvel, etc didn't come around until years into this and even in Endgame, they weren't the "leaders" (maybe Strange to an extent, but he still took a backseat). It was still Cap and Iron Man.

It's worth pointing out that Peter is STILL in high school. The egos of everyone else around him was never going to work to allow him to be a leader in an Avengers movie with Cap and Iron Man in it. If Peter tried to tell them what to do, he'd get laughed at and on the audience end, a teenager telling a bunch of grown adults what to do wouldn't have seemed realistic, either. If they wanted him to be a leader, they'd be getting him out of high school and start to age him up.

I also haven’t come across any general moviegoer that complains about the character. The audiences appreciate the change of pace from the previous older versions. Holland got by far the biggest cheer in the Portals scene in the 6-7 times I saw it in theaters.

They found a really good young actor that they’re going to grow into that more capable individual hero. They have a long term view with the character, there’s nothing wrong with the baby steps.

My biggest problem with how the MCU has used Spider-man is that they've taken him out of his element. Spider-man works best in New York City. It's where his super powers are most effective. He can't even swing in most of the world outside of a major city. And if you're going to put him in a major city, just make it New York. The field trips just don't work for me.

He is at his best when he is a teen who wrestles with his responsibility as a superhero trying to figure out things on his own and the fact that he just wants to be a regular kid. The story gets more interesting when you have people considering him a menace and nothing he does seems to change their minds. That is the underlying tension that makes Spiderman's story compelling. That's where I would like to see them take the character.

Spider-Man 3 has begun production, and from what people are looking at, they're seemingly filming footage that makes things look..like they almost take place right after Far From Home--with Peter's suit and MJ's clothing. Perhaps it's a thought, but what if it's Spider-Man on the run from the government, due to violations of the Sokovia accords. And that in the process, something happens that causes Electro to be made real? From what it sounds like--they already filmed scenes with Ned and Aunt May's actors without Tom or Zendaya.

It'd actually lead to credence towards why Talos was trying to page Fury, to get him in as soon as possible; because things may be going down the crapper in a short amount of time.

Last edited:
The only way I see a satisfying conclusion to them tricking people into thinking its not peter is if the Skrulls show up as Peter (or spiderman) to prove he is not really spiderman.

That or everyone knows who spiderman is and honestly no clue how he would live a "normal" life after that which I guess would not surprise me if they took more of his Charm away and even less of an every man.

So after seeing Into the Spider-Verse and playing SM: Miles Morales, I’m really hoping we see Miles in live action sooner than later. Not expecting to see him here, but I do hope Sony has plans for him going forward.

The only way I see a satisfying conclusion to them tricking people into thinking its not peter is if the Skrulls show up as Peter (or spiderman) to prove he is not really spiderman.

That or everyone knows who spiderman is and honestly no clue how he would live a "normal" life after that which I guess would not surprise me if they took more of his Charm away and even less of an every man.
Personally, part of me is curious for how Strange would be present in the film.

The story seems simple sofar, especially if it's right after Far From Home: it's a story about Peter proving that he is innocent and wasn't responsible for the death of Mysterio or the attack on London. And that somehow, he gets caught to face against members from the US government trying to apprehend Peter as a terrorist.

From rumors we already have the Spider-Slayers apparently in the film. Perhaps they and Electro are on the same team in the scheme of that.

So after seeing Into the Spider-Verse and playing SM: Miles Morales, I’m really hoping we see Miles in live action sooner than later. Not expecting to see him here, but I do hope Sony has plans for him going forward.

It really wouldn't be surprising to see Sony and MS want to bring Miles. That may be a perfect way to bring in a new Neighborhood Friendly Spiderman, and to allow Peter to take a larger role.

Reactions: Nick
It really wouldn't be surprising to see Sony and MS want to bring Miles. That may be a perfect way to bring in a new Neighborhood Friendly Spiderman, and to allow Peter to take a larger role.
It wouldn't surprise me if we see Miles introduced in an extremely small role in this film and then he gets spun off into Sony's Spider-Verse with his own film, outside of the MCU.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I will allow it only if the people behind bringing him in have played the new Spiderman games and get the character.

I'm going throw an audio book while doing side quests in Miles and the book is called SpidermanThe Darkest Hour, and a few things the MCU are kinda ignoring are one Dr Strange should and cannot stop every problem, the universe will fight back (maybe that's what his sequel is about) and secondly Spiderman is not just apart of the Avengers or realyl any team. He is a normal guy on his own fighting more local threats not aliens.

If they can promise to not just throw Miles into the next Avengers film because he is popular then fine but I would like him done right, i got teary eyed at the end of Miles and would like a similar feeling if he was in the MCU which they have really not done yet with Peter.

If they are going to go with Miles in any capacity, I really hope they go with Nadji Jeter (who voices and does the mo-cap for Miles in the game). He looks perfect for him and is around the right age, and it would also allow Sony to keep this as a secret since they already have him cast as the character. They would just need to get him to sign a new contract for movies.

There was a rumor that he was already cast. I can’t remember from who, either Charles Murphy or Jeremy Conrad. Sarah Halley Finn is kind of a genius so I’m sure they’ll nail the choice (if it hasn’t been made already).

Saw The Amazing Spider-Man trending on twitter and stumbled upon this gif. Has Tom Holland done anything this cool/authentically Spider-Man as this single gif captures the character out to be? THIS is what I want to see in SM3.

Saw The Amazing Spider-Man trending on twitter and stumbled upon this gif. Has Tom Holland done anything this cool/authentically Spider-Man as this single gif captures the character out to be? THIS is what I want to see in SM3.

Kinda glad they've gone a different way with MCU Spidey TBH. There have been other cool authentic Spidey moments for Holland to stand apart from the predecessors. Sure, it doesn't show off his full Spidery grace yet - but I guess it all comes down to preference BUT...

That entire train sequence from SPIDER-MAN 2 is the best setpiece in any Spider-Man movie.

This is accurate.

Yeah my thing with it this whole time is that they decided to play the long game with the character. The Cap we saw in TFA vs. the one in Endgame is a completely evolved guy. The Spidey we’ll see in 5-7 years is going to be that badass that’s capable of getting things done by himself.

The first two tries kind of raced through the high school stuff, so I’m really glad they’ve doubled down on that this time around.

Reactions: belloq87