Spider-Man: Beyond The Spiderverse | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man: Beyond The Spiderverse

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Starting this thread with bad news…

Have a feeling this movie won't come out till 2026-2027 at the latest....
york cries GIF

• Sad
Reactions: MrBlonde
I don't think it had a chance pre-strike with the rumors of working conditions. The strike gave it cover to push it back.
Well even without those reports, when I was talking to a friend after seeing Across The Spiderverse, I remember saying something like “you think Beyond will move to June like this film?”

I said that simply because of how good the film did box office wise in that spot rather than opening while kids were still in school. It’s *possible* Beyond could take Venom 3’s July date, but I think this could actually be a significant delay, possibly to Holiday 2024 (where it would be HUGE) or into 2025.

I mean, I knew t would never make the date because it was an insane date to make...and with the news on how artiest who worked on it felt.

I hope they can stick the landing but yeah feels like a while before we see the end of this

Frankly, I could not imagine the film being anywhere near finished by now, strikes or no.

At the level of animation, visual effects, voice acting, music, etc, I'd rather them take as much time as they need and give the artists room to make something really breathtaking. Less than a year always seemed like a ridiculous turnaround time to me, and I'm perfectly okay with waiting longer for a more complete and fleshed-out film rather than getting a half-baked finale worked on by animators and creatives forced to crunch like what was discussed about Across the Spiderverse's development.

Reactions: Tbad556 and grlhowl
Frankly, I could not imagine the film being anywhere near finished by now, strikes or no.
I'm pretty sure I remember hearing Hailee Steinfeld say in an interview around the release of ATSV that they had not even begun recording lines for BTSV, and that was in June just before the strike began

Reactions: GA-MBIT