Solo: A Star Wars Story | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Solo: A Star Wars Story

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Finally official word on a trailer. To premiere Monday morning on GMA. So may just get a trailer for a trailer during the Super Bowl.

Three months before a film is released and we’re now getting a trailer on Monday? That’s a bad sign.

To be painfully honest, with all of the production dilemmas, it makes sense that they are going to be in there later in the game.

And to be honest, RO made me feel unsure of the film with a lot of it's marketing..

The fact they are still reshooting gives little hope.
The reshoots going on currently are standard for a Hollywood blockbuster. Basically the film is together and some things just don't quite fit right in transitions, so they have the actors come back to do small scene recreations to smooth it out. It's only happening this late in the game because there was a director change, which pushed back Post-production.

Reactions: jtsalien
Up until I'm sitting in my theater waiting in line for popcorn to see the movie for the first time, will I think it's not going to be pushed back to December:lol:

Up until I'm sitting in my theater waiting in line for popcorn to see the movie for the first time, will I think it's not going to be pushed back to December:lol:
There's really no room for it in December, with Mary Poppins Returns, Aquaman, Into the Spiderverse, and Bumblebee all scheduled within the weeks leading up to Christmas.

I know Star Wars is huge, but the demand really was never hear for a Han Solo movie to begin with so I don't think pushing it back to December will help anyway. Plus, they made the wrong casting choice for Han. Ansel Elgort should've been young Han.

There's really no room for it in December, with Mary Poppins Returns, Aquaman, Into the Spiderverse, and Bumblebee all scheduled within the weeks leading up to Christmas.

I know Star Wars is huge, but the demand really was never hear for a Han Solo movie to begin with so I don't think pushing it back to December will help anyway. Plus, they made the wrong casting choice for Han. Ansel Elgort should've been young Han.

We would've had trailers back in August riding the Baby Driver hype. So sad.

Reactions: Nick
There's really no room for it in December, with Mary Poppins Returns, Aquaman, Into the Spiderverse, and Bumblebee all scheduled within the weeks leading up to Christmas
I feel like December would be a much better time than May, though. Transformers (a spinoff of a dying series), Aquaman (another DCEU film not destined for much), and Spider-Verse (a lower key family film) are much smaller targets to go up against in comparison to Infinity War (basically the guaranteed biggest blockbuster of the year), Deadpool (one of the biggest new superheroes in recent years), and Incredibles (a sequel with 14 years worth of pent up demand).

Although really, I'd move the film to late August above all else. Literally the only competition it'll have at that time is Christopher Robin.

Reactions: Coasted
Three months before a film is released and we’re now getting a trailer on Monday? That’s a bad sign.

There’s one reason they haven’t had an earlier trailer- it’s called “The Last Jedi”

No way they’d run a trailer to another Star Wars film just prior to the current Star Wars release or in its prime ticket sales period.

Yes, the director debacle is huge- the movie will likely suffer some because of it. But there wouldn’t have been a trailer regardless of if that happened or not.

We would've had trailers back in August riding the Baby Driver hype. So sad.
I feel like December would be a much better time than May, though. Transformers (a spinoff of a dying series), Aquaman (another DCEU film not destined for much), and Spider-Verse (a lower key family film) are much smaller targets to go up against in comparison to Infinity War (basically the guaranteed biggest blockbuster of the year), Deadpool (one of the biggest new superheroes in recent years), and Incredibles (a sequel with 14 years worth of pent up demand).

Although really, I'd move the film to late August above all else. Literally the only competition it'll have at that time is Christopher Robin.
I agree completely that August would've been an ideal slot for this movie. GotG and Suicide Squad proved that big blockbusters can come out of that month.