Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 669 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is super sad news. Why design a ride to operate with 3D, then believe you can remove it and have an attraction that operates just as well? Once you design something to operate one way, it NEVER replicates the same experience when you remove core tenets of it's design.

This reeks of a non-creative executive using their power, butting into operations and creative decisions who are completely clueless.

It's either that, or they are pulling a "Dragon Challenge" and preparing for it's inevitable closure.
I don't see how they could even close this ride right now. They need Zelda to open before they can afford to close any ride in this park on a long term basis. Capacity is just not there.

If this is indeed permanent, I think this attraction may be on the chopping block. It wouldn't be the first UNI Ride to not last 15 years. Could easily incorporate The I.P. into any theme park in their portfolio, and Jurassic is arguably their 3rd most popular I.P. Multiple routes here if they went that way...

And also keep the amazing exterior facade too!

Just change that trolley cart for the jeep & instant non-3D, non-screen, family-friendly ride to traumatize children who never got to experience 1990's KONGfrontation!

Reactions: biggerboat16
I’m gonna be the one to say it:

If JPRA is still next door, I don’t want the Beijing ride; especially with Spidey a stone’s throw away.

If Kong has to go, take that plot and make it a family friendly jeep ride. Nothing goes wrong. Just a drive with Dinos.

Admittedly, this is very blue sky but - yeah.

With Kong's deterioration over the years, I find it hard to believe this attraction is in UNI's long term plans. It doesn't fit the family mold like Minions or Seuss do. Camp Jurassic is right next door, but I'm also in the camp of JWA not using this space. I feel a next gen Flying theater is about the only gap UNI has outside of an invert, and a "Helicoptours" would certainly fit the family bill.

If they're planning on restoring the outside portion sooner than later it could also be a sign they're intending to keep the ride around longer wouldn't it? I wouldn't feel bad if they did remove the ride and later brought back a Kong/Godzilla ride elsewhere in the future, maybe at USF.

Guys.... guys... I figured out this rides future. It'll solve all the problems!

He needs a bib when eating. Impressive eye colors though, our Kong doesn't do that! lol

I’m gonna be the one to say it:

If JPRA is still next door, I don’t want the Beijing ride; especially with Spidey a stone’s throw away.

If Kong has to go, take that plot and make it a family friendly jeep ride. Nothing goes wrong. Just a drive with Dinos.

Admittedly, this is very blue sky but - yeah.
Is there room for a (good) jeep ride? At least one that wouldn't be relying on screens to extend ridetime like Kong currently.

How remote is it that JPRA would be on the chopping block? If you take out both Kong and JPRA and build one or two completely new attractions in their place…though I think one solid jeep ride with long indoor and outdoor portions would be a good replacement for that entire area.

As much as I am attached to the river ride something like Dinosaur but with JP would do wonders and away from water we might get nicer, longer-lasting AAs. Rhino Rally with Jurassic Park theming! That would be a good way to get non-AA tour guides/skippers back on a ride.

Reactions: BuschAfrica
Is there room for a (good) jeep ride? At least one that wouldn't be relying on screens to extend ridetime like Kong currently.
it all depends on the ride design. It really wouldnt take much for it to be better than Jurassic Screenz

How remote is it that JPRA would be on the chopping block?
Alright. Someone get the soap! It's time for a mouth washing for saying bad things!

As much as I am attached to the river ride something like Dinosaur but with JP would do wonders and away from water we might get nicer, longer-lasting AAs.
It's Florida. It NEEDS a water ride like JPRA. Plus it is literally a nod to a future ride in the book/movie. AAs are only long-term if given proper & regular maintenance/refurbishment. Even indoor dinos will deteriorate if neglected.

Kong is not closing or on the chopping block,,
Yea, like has been said, I expect the outdoor scene to reopen later this year.

Also, I am not giving up on 3D... If you ride and do not like it in this state, please tell survey takers at the exit (yes they are there sometimes) or tell guest services. There's still a chance they could change their minds back.