Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 656 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As someone whose had to clean 3D glasses at both movie theater jobs (Chinese Theatre & Regal), I feel bad for them having to cross the Lagoon of Toon (well... behind it). Lugging those glasses anywhere is not fun.

Whats worse is when you have to clean them by hand... or after they're done "drying", you still have to spray them down & wipe them to get rid of water spots..
But they are not carrying them down, they are driving them down. So they load them into a vehicle. Is it ideal? No, but not something to stop them from doing 3D at an attraction. Fix the issue and move on.

Even if they're driving them over, the load out, load in, load out, load in is an obnoxious hassle..

I'm guessing Universal uses the same machine we used at Chinese Theatre to wash them (Regal's was allegedly broken, also they lacked a drying rack, and trays, and... ugh.. I'm triggered by the flashbacks lol)

Also, every land in IOA (except Seuss) has a screen ride: Spidey 3D, Kong 3D, FJ, & formerly Poseidon (technically).

Reactions: SeventyOne
Also, every land in IOA (except Seuss) has a screen ride: Spidey 3D, Kong 3D, FJ, & formerly Poseidon (technically).
Toon Lagoon and JP don't have screen rides either.

Poseidon's Fury is not a screen ride lmfao.
I think if they’re not going to ever run it as intended again (ie no outside and removed 3D if this “test” is “successful”) then I’d rather they remove the ride.

It’s a GREAT ride. I think it’s probably the most underrated ride at the resort as-designed. But no 3D and no outside ever again potentially?

Just demolish it and see if you can fit Jurassic World Adventure there somehow
"...no outside ever again potentially?"

Yeah, I don't see that happening.

I get that it's beyond ridiculous how long the outdoor portion has been out of commission, but there's no way that segment is out of commission permanently.

I think if they’re not going to ever run it as intended again (ie no outside and removed 3D if this “test” is “successful”) then I’d rather they remove the ride.

It’s a GREAT ride. I think it’s probably the most underrated ride at the resort as-designed. But no 3D and no outside ever again potentially?

Just demolish it and see if you can fit Jurassic World Adventure there somehow
This is where I'm at, as well, unfortunately. IF these conditions persist, it's too compromised.

It's a real shame, and would have been an unthinkable notion a year ago.
I did see one person on twitter say the 3D was back later today, but I don’t buy it.

I’ll confirm tomorrow when I go!
Keep us posted!

Lots of reactions on the official Universal AP Group also. Interesting point, that I had forgotten about, that one of the IU insiders brought up a few months ago. The AP posters mentioned Universal tested it (no glasses) on Gringotts last year, but just with TM's. Guess that didn't go over well, since it wasn't followed through to the public.

Lots of reactions on the official Universal AP Group also. Interesting point, that I had forgotten about, that one of the IU insiders brought up a few months ago. The AP posters mentioned Universal tested it (no glasses) on Gringotts last year, but just with TM's. Guess that didn't go over well, since it wasn't followed through to the public.
It was deemed too integral to Gringotts. And from what I heard, mostly due to the parallax effect at start and end of scenes. It’s actually MORE disorienting without 3D glasses.