Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 200 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Having worked at Knotts, which is owned by Cedar Fair, I'm very curious how this merger will affect the park.

Of course, the burning question is, how much influence does Cedar Fair have over Knott's less than stellar upkeep and lack of additions.. I ask this because I wonder how much influence over SFMM they'll have.

Was at the park today. Superman was running the backwards side. Tatsu has won a "Crew of the Month" banner... and honestly, it was the best ops on Tatsu I've ever seen... quick (he counted down being ready in 45 seconds) and very enthusiastic. All the major rides were open except Crazanity and Full Throttle.

Also, a bit of Scream Break updates. Saw X maze was playing outdoor queue music (as a test, I'm assuming).

And some decor is going up at Whistlestop Park

Reactions: Jake S and Wesker69
Apparently this was just put up on the construction wall?
bijWghA.png

• Wow
Reactions: Freak and Wesker69
Makes me wonder if they're gonna extend Screampunk all the way to this area.
Nah..... they'll just make us walk all the way over to ScreamPunk to get on the ride lol

In all seriousness though, it'd be extremely impossible & impractical to extend the land past Lex Luther, past Goliath & all the way to be across from Bugs Bunny World.

Also I don't get steampunk from that bird as much as I do straight up robot. Eitherway, its..... a choice. We'll have to wait until more comes from this

Reactions: chris.g
In all seriousness though, it'd be extremely impossible & impractical to extend the land past Lex Luther, past Goliath & all the way to be across from Bugs Bunny World.
To be fair... they're trying to do this with the current DC land into "Metropolis" lol

To be fair... they're trying to do this with the current DC land into "Metropolis" lol
Don't even get me started on that DC/Metropolis mess. They had 1 job (well two).
- Make the Crazanity Midway Harley/Joker themed instead of generic waterless boardwalk
- a connection path between Batman & Riddler

What's their excuse for the mess the rest of the time? (Couldn't resist)

Hmmm... I'm not exactly liking how this new addition seems to be going everywhere. It will definitely be interesting to see what exactly their plan/layout is. Unfortunately, we probably won't see an announcement until Fall 2024

This mechanical/steampunk bird as a logo is a strange choice to me. It doesn't exactly scream "I'm going to be a major giga" to me. It'd be fine for a mid-sized or smaller coaster, but not exactly intimidating or awe-inspiring for a major ride. It also reminds me of Dr. Diabalo at SFFT.... which has a great queue, but to me, dive coasters are pretty dull once the first drop is over.

Same goes for the term "cycling in". This doesn't make any sense, even by Six Flags standards.

Reactions: Freak and Wesker69
This mechanical/steampunk bird as a logo is a strange choice to me. It doesn't exactly scream "I'm going to be a major giga" to me. It'd be fine for a mid-sized or smaller coaster, but not exactly intimidating or awe-inspiring for a major ride. It also reminds me of Dr. Diabalo at SFFT.... which has a great queue, but to me, dive coasters are pretty dull once the first drop is over.

Same goes for the term "cycling in". This doesn't make any sense, even by Six Flags standards.

No way this is a giga...SFMM and Great Adventure were both in line to get B&M giga coasters, and it looks like both were pushed back or outright cancelled once Salem's plan for the chain was in place.

Still, if it's what I think it is, it sounds amazing, and nicely themed (for a SF coaster).