Should Universal Get a New Park Map? | Inside Universal Forums

Should Universal Get a New Park Map?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 24, 2015
Do you think Universal will or should get a new park map. I think they should because Springfield on the map looks pretty terrible.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it will be updated when Potter is soft opening. The reason it looks terrible is because the old map design won't be there for long. ;)

I agree, Springfield really isn't represented well on the map. There are also some slight misplacements and inaccuracies on the park map that irk me to no end.. I hope we get something similar to UOR's more realistic map artwork once Potter arrives here.

Reactions: 12th Man
I'm hoping for a dramatic redesign when Potter opens. I really dislike the artwork, it's very cartoony and feels like it belongs at a Cedar Fair park.

What?! Are you guys telling me you wouldn't want to see this masterpiece brought to life?!

6pn82f.jpg

;) ;) ;)

Reactions: 12th Man
We're not getting maps like florida anytime soon,As soon as potter comes people will care less about springfield,Quite honestly I don't think many people pay attention to the map anyways,Just to the fun that awaits them. :)

So no new maps

Just the ones we have but with potter

We're not getting maps like florida anytime soon,As soon as potter comes people will care less about springfield,Quite honestly I don't think many people pay attention to the map anyways,Just to the fun that awaits them. :)

So no new maps

Just the ones we have but with potter
Uhhhh no. Not even. Once potter is full the next closest ride is Springfield so there is no chance that it will be thrown to the wayside 

I'm extremely proud to announce that Universal Studios Hollywood has just updated their park map. This new map features the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, the new Globe design,  and the new security check located at the front of the theme park.

You can view the new updated map online, at Universal Studios Hollywoods official web site.

New Map Link: http://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/park-map/

To me, my first initial reaction was more..this.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/f_oL9eMWdcI?feature=oembed

But as I've looked at it albeit a bit more, i'm fine with it. I had my expectations still low, but even then I was hoping for some changes in its color palettes for the map. That said, I think this is more of a sign through the past two years, that they'll keep the cartoonish design for now, as it suits having each park in the Universal library to have different maps styles (something I mainly realized, considering when you look at all of the modern Uni maps).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: chris.g
Thought it might be worth noting, Springfield is now listed on the side of the park map as an "attraction" with an arrow pointing toward it. The Raptor Encounter has also been added to the list of character meet-and-greets on the back of the map.

Yeah, I'm surprised they still have arrows scattered all over the map. I do like that they kept the cartoon design, but those arrows are so obnoxious. Additionally, some of the things on the map are out of scale or not placed properly. I might just be nitpicking, but I find it odd that the map doesn't accurately depict the park as much as it could/should.

Food for thought, but do you think they're waiting until when TWD is open to change the map? Its very cluttered as is and they're going to need to cram it in there somehow.

When SLoP and DA arrive, I really hope they change it by then. That map is going to be completely illegible with all of those arrows. 

Also, I think it's cheating to have Springfield have its own arrow. 

Reactions: Ryan and chris.g
Should they? Yes

Will they? No. It takes a lot of money to commission an artist to do it. But it's a good point that they would wait until the attraction list is settled first. Of course, they'd probably want to design it to be somewhat modular for easy updates in the future.

Summary: The tacky arrows need to die.

@TheChrisGlass  I'm wondering what Universal is going to do when they run out of space on the maps attractions list. So far they have been able to shrink everything in but eventually I'm sure they're going to begin to encounter issues.