SeaWorld San Diego | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld San Diego

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In an interesting twist, SWSD has announced that they plan to start doing a "signature spectacular fireworks display" select nights from December 9-31. Not sure if this was always the plan or a response to negative feedback, but it's definitely a welcome/sorely needed addition to the Christmas offerings this year. The first date of the fireworks coincides with the kickoff of San Diego's annual Parade of Lights boat parade, which passes right in front of the park's Bayside viewing areas and will apparently be led this year by SeaWorld's own sea-themed boat. Exciting stuff!

Reactions: Jerroddragon
In an interesting twist, SWSD has announced that they plan to start doing a "signature spectacular fireworks display" select nights from December 9-31. Not sure if this was always the plan or a response to negative feedback, but it's definitely a welcome/sorely needed addition to the Christmas offerings this year. The first date of the fireworks coincides with the kickoff of San Diego's annual Parade of Lights boat parade, which passes right in front of the park's Bayside viewing areas and will apparently be led this year by SeaWorld's own sea-themed boat. Exciting stuff!
lol

I just left them feedback about the fireworks as well

I'm glad to hear it.....the event is great but the fireworks really help end the night.

I hope the hours go longer as well...closing at 8 PM.....just kinda sucks at least be open to 9 PM.

That's surprising since they seem to have issues with the fireworks and locals already. Although maybe it's a part of their battle with the local government over their $10 million in back rent on the lease during Covid.

It seems like rumors are swirling about SeaWorld San Diego's next coaster. This is potentially a big project.

The coaster, cool

But not a fan of the temporary entrance

Hope they announce it soon with pictures because the wave was pretty much perfect and the new entrance looks….just so plain it hurts

Reactions: Thatguyoverwhere
It seems like rumors are swirling about SeaWorld San Diego's next coaster. This is potentially a big project.

I always thought that their next coaster should be a wing coaster and should go over the entrance. This would be perfect for the park.

So for 2025 we have….

SWSD - New wing coaster likely
SFMM - New major coaster likely
USH - Fast and Furious
Legoland - New small indoor coaster

2025 is going to be the year of the coaster in SoCal and I’m all here for it!

Reactions: Rideguy70
So where would the loading area be? Use more of the Parking lot? Or use the area where that little fake coaster was just taken out in the back next to bayside theater?

Noticed this the other day. The current setup is definitely temporary looking, but an employee working there seemed to think that was going to be the new park entrance from now on. That wave entrance arch and the surrounding area are still new and thematically perfect though, so I refuse to believe they'd permanently replace it with the awful barebones structure shown in this artwork, let alone move it to a narrow side path of the park.

In other news, the area of the park where Tidal Twister sat is now completely cleared out, including the adjacent touch tanks, and the entire area is walled off. Curious to see what goes in here next.
The site of the future jellyfish aquarium is now surrounded with construction walls both inside and outside the park. Still no official opening date other than simply "2024".
A few rides are also receiving or have received minor upgrades here and there. Manta got new shade structures, what looks like a new queue video, and new projectors for the launch tunnel. JTA is getting new track, and Emperor has received some very minor "theming" in the form of a vinyl wrap along the fence.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240115-181305-edit-20240115181329.jpg
    Screenshot_20240115-181305-edit-20240115181329.jpg
    768.9 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Jerroddragon
Well with all these update gives me a little hope the Whale and Dolphin shows get updates

It’s just tone for a refresh on the shows for the anniversary as well, I think the current whale show has been the same for like almost ten years now

Rumors I'm seeing Riptide Rescue is being moved to make room for a new restaurant in that area(my guess is it will be moved to where the Tidal Twister was)

So I assume then if we are getting that new big coaster that goes around all the park it will load somewhere in near the parking lot....like the other big coasters do (with the exception of Manta which is not near the parking lot)

From JaXson on ParkFans as-well: they are infact being idiots with the entrance--the wave theming is being completely removed.
Not sure why people thought the picture was a temporary entrance. I can't recall a park every displaying prominently a render of something mean to be temporary while something new was built. You would put that render up instead.

Reactions: Rideguy70
Not sure why people thought the picture was a temporary entrance. I can't recall a park every displaying prominently a render of something mean to be temporary while something new was built. You would put that render up instead.
It is so basic.....we had to believe it was temporary

Reactions: Thatguyoverwhere
I suppose this detheming of the entrance is consistent with the removal of the "wave" entrance to Turtle Trek at SWO. Didn't make any sense when they removed that either and the end product was similarly bland, but I guess that's just part of the company's new brand identity, or intentional lack thereof. De-emphasizing the "sea" aspect and putting coasterz front and center--in this case literally, if the plan is to have a Cedar Point-style entrance with a wing coaster flying overhead.

I suppose this detheming of the entrance is consistent with the removal of the "wave" entrance to Turtle Trek at SWO. Didn't make any sense when they removed that either and the end product was similarly bland, but I guess that's just part of the company's new brand identity, or intentional lack thereof. De-emphasizing the "sea" aspect and putting coasterz front and center--in this case literally, if the plan is to have a Cedar Point-style entrance with a wing coaster flying overhead.
Coasters isn’t an theme and it’s not working

They keep adding coasters and keep getting the same amount of guests

They need to find a balance of animals and coasters or they will just stay where they are at

But I go to sea world….for the sea part, lol

I remember awhile back there was a master plan power point presentation to redo the Shark Encounter. Its very outdated. Maybe this new coaster will coincide with the eventual revamp. I have been going since the early 90s and its still the same and could use a touch up. Maybe the west coast version of Mako is on the horizon? Or hammerhead themed if it is in fact the wing design. Always excited to see more thrills at my home park.

I remember awhile back there was a master plan power point presentation to redo the Shark Encounter. Its very outdated. Maybe this new coaster will coincide with the eventual revamp. I have been going since the early 90s and its still the same and could use a touch up. Maybe the west coast version of Mako is on the horizon? Or hammerhead themed if it is in fact the wing design. Always excited to see more thrills at my home park.
I hope not the shark exhibit is the best attraction at the park

Right now they don’t seem to be upgrading things well

Next time you visit the shark encounter look up and see all the cracking in the ceiling and the paint. It is long overdue. Its sad at all the outdated stuff honestly. Hasn't changed since the early 90s a lot of these exhibits.