SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 119 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It looks like they're getting ready to reconfigure the parking lot since they removed those "islands"-- maybe they'll make the preferred and VIP parking more permanent.
I hope they add a bit of a "berm" between Pipeline and the parking lot (as well as shade in general) as the lot can get really hot in the summer.

Reactions: IzzyB
I think it's in the "pipeline"-- all parks are upgrading their entrance plazas with the changes in ticketing. There's no need for so many ticket booths, and enhanced security screening is here to stay, so it's time to fix the admission process to reflect that.

It looks like they're getting ready to reconfigure the parking lot since they removed those "islands"-- maybe they'll make the preferred and VIP parking more permanent.
Yeah they don't have really good defined sections. I will be honest I have parked in Preferred after they stop parking people around 4 and didn't even notice until I got out of the car and saw the painted lines. I mean SW really doesn't enforce it either outside of parking people, but there are no signs.

I agree their entrance and parking need updated.

Yeah they don't have really good defined sections. I will be honest I have parked in Preferred after they stop parking people around 4 and didn't even notice until I got out of the car and saw the painted lines. I mean SW really doesn't enforce it either outside of parking people, but there are no signs.

I agree their entrance and parking need updated.
Pro Theme-Park (applies to WDW & Uni) Tip: nobody checks for preferred, biggest scam at the parks lol

Last edited:
Pro Theme-Park (apples to WDW & Uni) Tip: nobody checks for preferred, biggest scam at the parks lol
100% agreed. I always liked when they stopped parking people then I could go wherever. I was so mad one time we were 5 minutes too early and got stuck over by where they let howl o scream in. 5 minutes later and I could be up by port of calls lol

Plans for “Project Canopy” were filed today. Surprisingly, it’s a much larger hotel than I initially assumed - and it’s on a different plot of land than the initial filing back in May referenced.

Very large, if the daily capacity at DC is still capped at 1k.

I don't know where else to post this but spurred on by a post in a coaster enthusiast group: parks the last couple years have gone big into family coasters. The reasons are perfectly understandable--parks are trying to recover from the beer bug and family coasters provide a cheap option that appeals to a wide and big spending demo. How long do you think it will be before parks are more willing to make enthusiast-appealing coasters again? (Now TBF we did just come off a decade or so of enthusiast-appealing coasters.)

I don't know where else to post this but spurred on by a post in a coaster enthusiast group: parks the last couple years have gone big into family coasters. The reasons are perfectly understandable--parks are trying to recover from the beer bug and family coasters provide a cheap option that appeals to a wide and big spending demo. How long do you think it will be before parks are more willing to make enthusiast-appealing coasters again? (Now TBF we did just come off a decade or so of enthusiast-appealing coasters.)
SeaWorld hasn’t don’t much for families tho…

I can understand Busch, but Penguin Trek will be the parks first true family coaster…

Reactions: IzzyB and UNIrd
SeaWorld hasn’t don’t much for families tho…

I can understand Busch, but Penguin Trek will be the parks first true family coaster…

I'm more talking about the whole industry, I only posted it here because I wasn't sure where else.

BGT has a very nice intensity progression. Air Grover -> Cobras's Curse -> Phoenix Rising -> Scorpion -> Cheetah Hunt -> the rest

Last edited:
I consider this Journey to Atlantis, no? I guess that's a coaster/flume hybrid. Ice Breaker was intended to have a lower height limit and be more of a family coaster, before the height limit got pushed up.

The two parks I am aware of doing this are Sea World and Dollywood and both really needed them. It may just be timing around the theme parks where several really needed these coasters. If you go to Dollywood you know the 2 coasters that have consistent long lines even when the park is not as busy are the two 39" coasters, so they needed a 3rd and built it. They needed to spread those crowds around, but have two amazing thrill coasters in Eagle and Lightning Rod. Which Lightning Rod should finally be fixed and lowering that wait time.

Sea World keeps missing on Family rides. Original penguin is a huge miss, sesame street is too babyish, and Ice Breaker while they FINALLY got it lowered to its original height of 48" is still too high. It is great they finally have a mid range but they need a family that doesn't require you to get wet. Not everyone wants to be wet especially in the cooler months.

I consider this Journey to Atlantis, no? I guess that's a coaster/flume hybrid. Ice Breaker was intended to have a lower height limit and be more of a family coaster, before the height limit got pushed up.
Ice Breaker is back to its 48" they changed the restraints. And yes Journey is lower height, but requires you to get wet which not all families want or the weather permits.

The problem is that 2 of the 3 friendlier options are water rides.

Hagrid, Slinky Dog, and Seven Dwarfs are massive successes, so SeaWorld should follow. I don't think it is a lack of trying, just similar to the USF problem... all of their attempts were duds lol

I'm a thrill junkie, but really wouldn't mind if the park spent the next few years rounding out its selections for younger audiences. If they're adding 2 resort hotels... families are the ideal market to attract with new rides targeted at them.

The problem is that 2 of the 3 friendlier options are water rides.

Hagrid, Slinky Dog, and Seven Dwarfs are massive successes, so SeaWorld should follow. I don't think it is a lack of trying, just similar to the USF problem... all of their attempts were duds lol

I'm a thrill junkie, but really wouldn't mind if the park spent the next few years rounding out its selections for younger audiences. If they're adding 2 resort hotels... families are the ideal market to attract with new rides targeted at them.
I personally love Slinky Dog myself and always loved Thunder Mountain. So I never was one to go, oh there is not enough thrill. Even though I also love thrill. But having kids really showed me the weaknesses in the parks. If I had been to Dollywood pre-kids I would probably ride the 39" coasters once in a trip and had fun on the shorter line thrill stuff. But having kids that once is not enough and it showed me they had a huge miss there and they did fix it. Both of their last coaster additions were 39" to relieve the pressure off of Firechaser. Same with Sea World. Having a child that loves thrills and Journey and Infinity Falls are his only options outside of grover is not fun. I don't want to get wet all the time. Which can I say my 6 year old will ride Grover, but he much prefers the other bigger rides, he even is starting to think sesame street as the baby area himself. My 13 year old avoids that area like the plague, she hates it. I honestly feel when they re-did it and got rid of the climbing stuff they made it even younger in age.

The smaller height coaster is going to be great for sea world but I will keep banging the drum on a flying theater to replace the arctic ride and a sesame street dark ride to draw families in. Sea world given universals new park probably should even more aggressively expand given that Disney has basically given up for the next 4 years and they will be an extremely easy combo for the new universal park. I would even offer discounts specifically for universal ticketholders over Disney if I were them. They need something BIG to open with epic universe.

The smaller height coaster is going to be great for sea world but I will keep banging the drum on a flying theater to replace the arctic ride and a sesame street dark ride to draw families in. Sea world given universals new park probably should even more aggressively expand given that Disney has basically given up for the next 4 years and they will be an extremely easy combo for the new universal park. I would even offer discounts specifically for universal ticketholders over Disney if I were them. They need something BIG to open with epic universe.
While I agree to both those points. I don't think that SW has the money or experience to pull off either of those rides. Which is sad that Legoland can do better at both of those than SW. But the last dark ride was really bad, hopefully they have a new creative team that does better moving forward.

While I agree to both those points. I don't think that SW has the money or experience to pull off either of those rides. Which is sad that Legoland can do better at both of those than SW. But the last dark ride was really bad, hopefully they have a new creative team that does better moving forward.

I would love to see the Flying Theater but you're probably right about the expense. However, a dark ride made by Sally Rides would not be that exorbitant in cost and they don't have to go overboard. If it was Sesame Street, it could just be going through and seeing the various "residences" of the characters or maybe some simple "need to find something" kind of quest.

I would love to see the Flying Theater but you're probably right about the expense. However, a dark ride made by Sally Rides would not be that exorbitant in cost and they don't have to go overboard. If it was Sesame Street, it could just be going through and seeing the various "residences" of the characters or maybe some simple "need to find something" kind of quest.
I hope we see both. I just don't know if that is the direction they will move. They do need to do something with Arctic. It is in pretty sad shape both animal and entertainment.

The flying theater option still seems perfectly logical to me considering most of the SeaWorld/Busch Gardens parks still have empty simulator buildings. They could get a package deal to bring one to BGT, SWO, BGW, and SWSD, all but one of which currently don't have any indoor rides and seriously need one. Part of me wonders if this is the reason the former simulator buildings have all been kept SBNO in some form for all these years.

Reactions: SkiBum and GA-MBIT
And the flying theater would have the same issue Wild Arctic had-- they don't have the resources or budget for a GOOD film for it. Hell, even Disney can't seem to produce a decent film for Soarin, what hope does SeaWorld have of getting it right?

Reactions: SeventyOne