SeaWorld Orlando General Updates | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando General Updates

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Assuming this will be a family coaster, is there enough room there? Something a la Cobra's Curse would be sweet!
You could do a decent Intamin Family launch coaster if you got creative with rising over paths and utilizing the lake a bit

If they move Pacific Point then there is more than enough room to create a well done family coaster

Untitled-1.jpgUntitled-2.jpg

Also the ride may launch out of the Antarctic showbuilding..there's not a ton of room in there, but certainly enough for a station and launch

You could also just wrap it around the Anarctica area and create some fun kinetic energy in the area.

I'm not 100 percent familiar with the interior of Empire of the Penguin, but I think this is where the ride is...maybe lol

Anarctic.jpg

This also could easily be a re-routed entrance to the Penguins and some minor repainting/upgrades lol

Last edited:
Reactions: anihilnation
Smart move for SeaWorld, they need to balance their offerings for everyone.

As much as I love dark rides, I think it's unrealistic for the current SeaWorld to ever build (and maintain) a dark ride, especially with Uni/Dis right next door. (With the exception of a Sesame Street ride)
A screen based Sally one could work ala Metropolis at Six Flags or the bear one at Knotts

Even Legoland has a flying theater

It's unwise for them to venture after the complex ones that Uni and Dis have, but there are more options

But the question would be what would we shoot lol

Ok in reality I don't think it even needs to be a shooter. Just any Sally Sesame Street ride will do. Especially if it involves going to the beach and learning about protecting oceans like someone brought up a couple years ago.
Oceans are overrated, but I guess we can talk about them

I have to agree, the automated parking kiosks are pretty much guaranteed to be a disaster. Those kiosks are more complex than your standard parking garage exit pay station, and are really only suitable for car washes, where each car has a solid 2 minutes to select their options and complete the transaction. Add to that the inevitable slowdowns of people not knowing how to use the HMI or the software being buggy, and 1-2 cursorily-trained attendants trying to troubleshoot 8 lanes at once... I can see throughput getting cut in half. I get that Scott Ross wants to buy a new yacht boost the company's bottom line with more workforce reductions, but you can only take so many wheels off the bus and still expect it to run.

Ok in reality I don't think it even needs to be a shooter. Just any Sally Sesame Street ride will do. Especially if it involves going to the beach and learning about protecting oceans like someone brought up a couple years ago.
I do like that idea, and I think it should be feasible even for SeaWorld considering Six Flags was able to install decent Sally dark rides at several of their parks. It'd be great to have something actually tying the Sesame Street land into the SeaWorld theme, and Sesame Street is all about educating kids, so a theme around protecting oceans seems like a perfect fit. And the shooting aspect can definitely be scrapped; that'll reduce complexity and costs and probably make for a better ride anyway.

Last edited:
The corner signs are being replaced with new rock work signs to match the main sign. The sign across from Aquatica is almost complete, and Nassal is hard at work on the I-Drive and Central Florida Parkway corner now:

Reactions: OrlLover
So I've heard,,, not wonderful things about the new Nautilus show. :lmao: Has anyone here been to confirm yet?
It's... something. Like it has the production to be a good show but the story is rushed, some scenes go on for way too long that it feels like they're stalling for time, the jokes get 0 reaction, and a random bird puppet???? Glad they filled the theater and are trying something new but I wouldn't say I'd watch that again

So I've heard,,, not wonderful things about the new Nautilus show. :lmao: Has anyone here been to confirm yet?

It is not great at all. First time I ever considered walking out of a theme park show, unfortunately, it was raining.

Don't get me wrong, love the effort that SWO tried to get something located in here for the summertime, but this was not it. It definitely has a nice production value... but it's very cringe.

Their heart is in the right place, but it pains me to see the former TurtleTrek venue be used like this:

I'm all for a coral rescue center, but this seems like a misuse of space. From the pictures it looks like they just plopped some tanks onto the floor of the fully intact Spheron 360° theater and called it a day; they even reused the wavy blue mood lights as permanent lighting. Maybe the SeaWorld Rescue team told the company they needed a space to grow coral and Scott Ross stipulated that it'd have to be done without doing any construction or using any resources, and it had to be made into a guest facing exhibit? That's my best guess lol. But I would have to assume a theater wouldn't be well suited to growing, well anything, let alone coral, and they sacrificed their only remaining indoor attraction to put it there. :weary_face:

This is an offshoot of a project they've been doing off-property (with Disney) for years. It's just a case of showcasing it in the park and using a space that was no longer being used for its original purpose. Better SOMETHING in the than NOTHING.

Did some digging, apparently the new Nautilus show is an IP, not an original creation from Seaworld Entertainment. So they had to go out of their way to purchase the rights to it. That seems weird to me given the reaction I've been hearing from it haha.