SeaWorld Orlando Christmas Celebration 2023 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando Christmas Celebration 2023

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

GAcoaster

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2012
Orlando
Dates and event information have been posted for SeaWorld Orlando's Christmas Celebration 2023, select nights from November 10th-January 2nd.

Many favorites are returning including Sea of Trees, Winter Wonderland on Ice, and O Wondrous Night, along with Rudolph's Christmas Town.

I'm curious about where Rudolph's are will be this year since the are it used to be in is now occupied by Pipeline.

For those who haven't been, SeaWorld's Christmas is a really great event, and to me always feels much more "Christmas-y" than the other Orlando parks. Definitely worth checking out.

Are they not selling reserved seating anymore for the Christmas shows? I used to buy that every year when I've gone in the past.

They tried to add a new Christmas show like a day or two ago, but tonight both shows were cancelled. They said technical issues. It definitely has an interesting sounding premise and when they were speaking to other Guests they said it would be good for the whole family. Will be curious to go back another day and see it. On my phone, so pic at bottom with show info.

I posted it elsewhere, but they’re running sound for their shows in Nautilus Theater soooo loud nowadays (last year also a problem). Like maybe I’m just old now, but even with earplugs it’s a big yikes. They also seem to struggle with making the microphone levels equal and sometimes one performer is louder than others. At least for this vs monster stomp, I was able to understand words. I just don’t think it needs to be as loud as a Taylor Swift concert. IMG_2639.png

They tried to add a new Christmas show like a day or two ago, but tonight both shows were cancelled. They said technical issues. It definitely has an interesting sounding premise and when they were speaking to other Guests they said it would be good for the whole family. Will be curious to go back another day and see it. On my phone, so pic at bottom with show info.

I posted it elsewhere, but they’re running sound for their shows in Nautilus Theater soooo loud nowadays (last year also a problem). Like maybe I’m just old now, but even with earplugs it’s a big yikes. They also seem to struggle with making the microphone levels equal and sometimes one performer is louder than others. At least for this vs monster stomp, I was able to understand words. I just don’t think it needs to be as loud as a Taylor Swift concert. View attachment 20062
Years ago I worked shows in parks. Unless there is an huge part of the main speaker system out that is broken balancing mics is a skill level issue and not equipment. A lot of park sound engineers were used to concerts and did not understand how to mix broadway type shows and utilize compression accordingly in that style with parks being mostly vocalists.. I noticed this on monster stomp at sea world during Halloween that it was too loud with underutilized compression. The parks are good experience but at some point you need to move on to a real career. That being said the parks helped mein those experiences in life.

Reactions: April

I posted it elsewhere, but they’re running sound for their shows in Nautilus Theater soooo loud nowadays (last year also a problem). Like maybe I’m just old now, but even with earplugs it’s a big yikes. They also seem to struggle with making the microphone levels equal and sometimes one performer is louder than others. At least for this vs monster stomp, I was able to understand words. I just don’t think it needs to be as loud as a Taylor Swift concert. View attachment 20062
I had a chance to see the new Mrs. Claus' Magic Kitchen and I thought it was actually really funny. Usually with these SeaWorld shows their version of "comedy" is limited to over-acted pratfalls and dad jokes, so it was a nice surprise to see some actual comedic timing and subtlety, and jokes that don't have to be understood by toddlers and grandparents ("I ate and left no crumbs!"). I also thought it was clever how they wrote it so that the kids would see it as fun and unironic while the adults would realize the entire thing is satirical. Props to SeaWorld for trying something fresh and different this year!

The christmas event a year or maybe it was two ago had much less entertainment a was a disappointment over previous years. Hoping that was getting back from covid and it is strong again this year.

They seem to have prioritized spending on the fireworks and Oh, Wondrous Night over the smaller street entertainment offerings, which is sad but understandable. More people see those than will ever see the carolers and street performers.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
Went to Sea World on Saturday. I was impressed with the amount of stuff offered. The new Mrs. Clause show was a hit amongst all ages (age 6 to I won't admit my age), we caught the Elf Story street show and it was super cute, my daughter loved the ballerina, and I was happy to see a small part of the train that used to be where pipeline was next to Seaport Theater. We did not catch the jump rope soldiers, Elmo wish, or O'Wondrous Night (we have seen it and decided to go for stuff we haven't seen before and riding Mako and Grover coaster). We did run into the parade headed to ride Grover coaster for my son and the kids liked it. We all liked the ice skating and loved the fireworks show. We caught the tree show a couple times and some were better than others. The one while we were walking out was the best as it paid homage to the old Miracles and Polar Express offerings in past years.

The only negative was the sample food lines were LONG mainly due to AP getting a free sample. Now a positive for food and beverage was the new pizza place near the pretzel place. They have a self check out section which had no line unlike the regular line. I have to say I hate Sea World food outside of the Pretzel place and their special food stands. But the pizza place was good. It is expensive, but at least it isn't expensive and taste like crap. When we get rid of SW passes in January I will NOT miss the food.

We will see Uni Christmas right after Christmas as we are gifting the passes to our kids for Christmas, so I will be curious how it compares as we haven't been to Uni Christmas in years, but I have always thought SW had the best, but I LOVED Shamu Miracle show. So without that I plan to do a new compare and also asking my kids.

Reactions: Mad Dog
The Mrs clause show might be the strangest show I have ever seen at a park. It felt like the some sort of setup to a magic trick with no actual trick. Maybe you could think of it as a kids show but even a decent kids show has a point. And why would anyone post something so pointless to social media? It felt like we were part of some weird social experiment or joke we weren't in on. Or we were in some sort of setup for an snl sketch but then they just never told the jokes.

Last edited:
The Mrs clause show might be the strongest show I have ever seen at a park. It felt like the some sort of setup to a magic trick with no actual trick. Maybe you could think of it as a kids show but even a decent kids show has a point. And why would anyone post something so pointless to social media? It felt like we were part of some weird social experiment or joke we weren't in on. Or we were in some sort of setup for an snl sketch but then they just never told the jokes.
Did you mean strangest?

It's a weirdly written show that felt more like streetmosphere that didn't need a stage and could be shortened to 10 mins lol

Did you mean strangest?

It's a weirdly written show that felt more like streetmosphere that didn't need a stage and could be shortened to 10 mins lol
My kids liked it, we watched it twice since I went with my mom and she wanted to see it. It is strange, but was cute.