Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Seaworld CEO Change

All HR directors have been cut... now, how is that supposed to work? Also, the director of consumer events and at least one dir of finance is out.

Talk about cutting off the nose to spite the face.

Last edited:
Yeah Scott's FB post was pretty heartbreaking, one dude I've always wanted to work with. They should definitely hire him for HHN. He could probably teach their scare actors how to actually scare :horse:

Yeah these cuts are absolutely ridiculous now, fire everybody and you'll have no one left. BG is looking absolutely terrible right now and it's a gigantic shame, hope they don't go the way of the dinosaur in these upcoming years

While it is not like this sort of thing hasn't been seen before with theme parks (9/11) it is bizarre to see it happen in this vacuum. I feel horrible for the long-term employees who thought they had found their place.

that's pretty terrible....finding out when you can't get into buildings..jesus
Yes, for a number of years I've been saying , "Blackstone is no good". Wish I could be proved wrong but alas the truth is..."Blackstone is no good", and I won't step foot in BGW or Sea World again until they are gone.

While it is not like this sort of thing hasn't been seen before with theme parks (9/11) it is bizarre to see it happen in this vacuum. I feel horrible for the long-term employees who thought they had found their place.

9/11 was about survival, what's happening with SeaWorld right now is about cutting operating costs, raising revenue, and realigning to sell the parks. I do not see Six Flags buying the parks, but I can see Universal or Cedar Fair buying them.

9/11 was about survival, what's happening with SeaWorld right now is about cutting operating costs, raising revenue, and realigning to sell the parks. I do not see Six Flags buying the parks, but I can see Universal or Cedar Fair buying them.
Or both. Cedar Fair buying BGW & Tampa. Universal Sea World Orlando for the property at least, and Sea World San Diego for a link with Universal Hollywood. Maybe Sesame street for the IP rights. Don't know about the other parks. Cedar Point didn't seem too attached to the Animal Park concept when they closed the Geauga Lake/former Sea World site down so soon after it's purchase. Though they did have a different CEO back then. Well,anyway, it'll be fun to speculate for a while.

If indeed SW is sold you would have to imagine that the new owners would move away from the current model. If this was the case what on earth would they do with all of the animals? An even bigger task would be re-housing the mammals. It's not like finding a new home for a stray dog.

Or both. Cedar Fair buying BGW & Tampa. Universal Sea World Orlando for the property at least, and Sea World San Diego for a link with Universal Hollywood. Maybe Sesame street for the IP rights. Don't know about the other parks. Cedar Point didn't seem too attached to the Animal Park concept when they closed the Geauga Lake/former Sea World site down so soon after it's purchase. Though they did have a different CEO back then. Well,anyway, it'll be fun to speculate for a while.

Good point on the Sesame rights, I think Uni would buy just for that. My thoughts are that CF only operates one year round season park, and I imagine they'd be interested in adding more.

The only thing though if Universal buys this, what exactly would they do with it?? I just dont see it being a smart move for Universal right now. They are investing in their existing compound and are trying to make that work/maximize it to its potential. Seaworld's property is kinda far from Universals main resort....I feel like what makes UOR special is that everything is accessible right there. This would only complicate things, shift focus away from what really matters(their 2 existing parks), and just Seaworld has issues. The only thing I would think is Universal is would buy the land, move rides, and then resell the property as just property...like get rid of the park. total left field idea i know lol

What about Disney? They are probably one of the only companies that could make the Blackfish stuff go away and immediately turn the parks into a desired destination again. Seaworld fits more inline with Disney Parks core business than Universal.

If things were just and right, the bulk of the layoffs would have been in the corporate office. There are a TON of people who work over there in the main office who really don't seem to do much but show up at the parks periodically and screw things up. The morons who keep making bad decisions over on South Park Center should have been fired long ago and the first to go with this layoff.