Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
While I don't think the new movies will be a huge hit in the US, I think they could do well abroad, particularly in china. Universal would be more likely to retheme a ride based on international draw as it is a bigger factor for the park than it used to be.

I don't ever hold stock with what TM's say about long term plans. They may generally be the last to know. That's not the type of info that's circulated by management to the low level employees.
What you said, but on the other hand they are useful for more immediate changes. They'll know a change in vehicle rotation, general ride facts, and anything else within about a month or a few weeks of when you ask them.

For instance, I figured out the Jurassic World branding added to places in JP was temporary and not planned. A TM told me that they usually announce permanent additions/changes to those working the shop/restaurant.

Reactions: Mad Dog
What you said, but on the other hand they are useful for more immediate changes. They'll know a change in vehicle rotation, general ride facts, and anything else within about a month or a few weeks of when you ask them.

For instance, I figured out the Jurassic World branding added to places in JP was temporary and not planned. A TM told me that they usually announce permanent additions/changes to those working the shop/restaurant.
Yes, I completely agree with you. They're very useful when it comes to operational facts. Like you, I've used them for that type of info, and they've always been friendly & helpful. I have the greatest respect for Universal employees. But, I don't ever ask them for information that I know that they wouldn't be privy too. So I never get hyped, negatively or positively, if someone says a TM says this or that about X subject leaving, coming or staying. It's just the realities of that type of information.

I was talking about MIB, forgot to clarify. The TM just offered up the info while in the immigration room tour without me asking about it which I thought was strange. Hope it doesn't close though. One of the last "classic" sort of rides IMO.

Reactions: tankart150
I was talking about MIB, forgot to clarify. The TM just offered up the info while in the immigration room tour without me asking about it which I thought was strange. Hope it doesn't close though. One of the last "classic" sort of rides IMO.
I wouldn't worry about it. Sounds far fetched at this stage of time. :)

When people who are going to Uni for the first time ask me to compare rides to WDW, i always use these two rides. MiB is TSMM or Buzz but way better, and Mummy is Rock n Roller coaster x 100. Simplistic, sure, but the message seems to resonate.

i hope these two stay around for a long time; they're two of our favorites (even though i can't seem to crack 300,000 on MiB!).

When people who are going to Uni for the first time ask me to compare rides to WDW, i always use these two rides. MiB is TSMM or Buzz but way better, and Mummy is Rock n Roller coaster x 100. Simplistic, sure, but the message seems to resonate.

i hope these two stay around for a long time; they're two of our favorites (even though i can't seem to crack 300,000 on MiB!).
I enjoy mummy more overall but nothing touches RnRC for kick ass on ride sound.

If MIB closes then what would replace it? I think it needs a Spider-Man style refurb, but it shouldn't close. I keep coming back to universal only because of MIB. Most of Everything else is either not that good or the same simulator screen type Ride.

They're doing a refurb on Simpsons. For Pete's sake I by can't they do the same for mib?

MIB won't be closing anytime soon... up high on guest satisfaction and large capacity. And now that Sony may be sold, Universal would like to buy Sony and get the rights to MIB and maybe make new movies. If that were to happen, a refurb is likely.

Reactions: tankart150
Wasn't Dracula Untold nixed from the universe though?
If Monsters Universe becomes successful (which I doubt)- we'll likely be looking at Dracula Untold in the same light we look at Hulk with Eric Bana (Or even Incredible Hulk with Ed Norton).

Mummy needs a refurb in the worst of ways. The projector room with his face on the screens is so bad the last 2-3 visits it's embarrassing. Different quality all over the place to where it's distracting.
From the queue to the ride to the capacity, its about as perfect a coaster attraction as you can get. If they upgrade the elements- it would make me a happy camper- and I might even bring some coffee as a thank you.

The only way I see MiB closing is if they have some sort of rift with licensing it or AFTER Nintendo opens they feel they need to expand and take over that spot.