Rehire Status at Seaworld Orlando | Inside Universal Forums

Rehire Status at Seaworld Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 26, 2014
Kissimmee,FL
Hey does anybody here know how long Seaworld Orlando keeps a no Rehire status for? I know Disney usually waits for a 6 months to a year for the Status to Disappear but I'm wondering how long Seaworld waits until they rehire a former Team Member?

Definitely don't post about this online. I will say that with any inquiries regarding hiring processes at the parks, contact the HR department directly, or pay them a visit.

Reactions: Quint
Generally speaking... what does "no rehire status" mean and why does it happen?

Generally with the theme park companies there's a period after you've stopped working for them that you can't get rehired within. Say, if your last day working at Disney is 1/1, their grace period might be six months, you can't get a new job with them until 7/1. But if you get terminated on bad terms, you might be given a restricted rehire status, meaning you would have to go through additional review to get rehired or "no rehire" status meaning you just flat-out can't get another job with them ever. Although I've known people who have gotten around it.

Yeah it depends on the reason for leaving. I know in the company I work for your termination reason shows if you can be rehired or not in the future. If it says you can't be rehired, they won't even call you for an interview. That status stays on your record forever. Now if it is a grace period type thing where you left on good terms, then that would be up to the company. My company has no such period. You could leave tomorrow and they could rehire you 2 days later. In fact all companies I have worked for were like this. Now theme parks may be different as it was stated Disney seems to not rehire within 6 months. But I imagine it has to do with the position also.

Hey does anybody here know how long Seaworld Orlando keeps a no Rehire status for? I know Disney usually waits for a 6 months to a year for the Status to Disappear but I'm wondering how long Seaworld waits until they rehire a former Team Member?
I think its 6 months to a year depending on severity of the termination. But they also want to make sure you are rehireable. They may want to see work stability since you were last employed with them.