Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 185 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For those who have gone on the ride, does the ride vehicle tilt up like this:
http://i.imgur.com/VmI2AeZ.jpg
or is it more like Simpsons /Despicable Me?
It's exactly the ride system in this video, skip to 15 secs in to see it in action.

The screen does not move with the ride vehicle, so not like star tours. The seats are all together, not in groups, so not like Minions or Simpsons.

*sigh*

Insisting no one else is allowed an opinion without having gone on the ride while at the same time saying they're being too negative while you as well have not been on the ride is hypocritical.

And then going even further and making statements about how you're sure it's perfectly fine, passable, etc.. again, hypocritical.

If you think no one can form an opinion by seeing what's able to be seen then you also dont get to have an opinion of any sort at all either.

Stop using the guise of "but you havent been on it" to try and obscure the fact that you simply don't like any sort of critical discourse and want everything to always be rainbows and kittens, regardless of the reality.

1st quote: It is not a depressing time for Universal.
2nd quote: Universal is not *your* theme park, it's everyone's.

Just because a park doesn't build what you like, doesn't mean it's bad.

If your unhappy about Universal, don't go. Stop complaining, it's a theme park - have fun.

Response 1: I was just overextending the fact that the rides universal is currently making aren't that great. It's my opinion, as well as a lot of people have the same feelings as I do. What I said wasn't something so horrible that it had to shock the thread. Everybody else is complaining about the Fallon and F&F, so don't act like I'm the only one @Teebin. :ban:

Response 2: I never said it was "my theme park" also, I never said universal was a bad park. I mentioned that the rides currently built and being built are not my faves. I will continue going to universal and if I have a remark on a ride, don't bother to add you opinion on my comment both of you.

*Not trying to be rude just don't lie ;)

Reactions: lillylyon123334
Response 1: I was just overextending the fact that the rides universal is currently making aren't that great. It's my opinion, as well as a lot of people have the same feelings as I do. What I said wasn't something so horrible that it had to shock the thread. Everybody else is complaining about the Fallon and F&F, so don't act like I'm the only one @Teebin. :ban:

Response 2: I never said it was "my theme park" also, I never said universal was a bad park. I mentioned that the rides currently built and being built are not my faves. I will continue going to universal and if I have a remark on a ride, don't bother to add you opinion on my comment both of you.

*Not trying to be rude just don't lie ;)

I don't lie.

*sigh*

Insisting no one else is allowed an opinion without having gone on the ride while at the same time saying they're being too negative while you as well have not been on the ride is hypocritical.

And then going even further and making statements about how you're sure it's perfectly fine, passable, etc.. again, hypocritical.

If you think no one can form an opinion by seeing what's able to be seen then you also dont get to have an opinion of any sort at all either.

Stop using the guise of "but you havent been on it" to try and obscure the fact that you simply don't like any sort of critical discourse and want everything to always be rainbows and kittens, regardless of the reality.

:agree: *PREECH

From what I've seen on youtube I'm impressed. This isn't a huge building and they managed to put a lot in there to keep guests entertained for a nice chunk of time.
- The exterior is a big improvement.
- The "getting a ticket for the show" is unique and fits the attraction. I also love the costumes of the team members.
- The holding rooms look beautiful. The museum part looks very nice and is a great tribute to the show's history.
- The games and interactive entertainment look fun.
- The live entertainment was sure a surprise and from what I've seen people enjoyed it.
- Haven't seen the ride itself and probably I need to skip it due to my health but I'm ok with that regarding the other experiences.
- The store has unique merchandise to the ride and a bit of NBC history merch. It's always great when a theme park takes that effort.
- Extended restrooms was much needed and although I probably never use the vip area I'm impressed they managed to put it in there.

Last edited:
It's exactly the ride system in this video, skip to 15 secs in to see it in action.

The screen does not move with the ride vehicle, so not like star tours. The seats are all together, not in groups, so not like Minions or Simpsons.

It's kind of irritating that Universal can probably twist the description of this ride in so many ways to make it sound different from everything else when it's virtually just the same experience.

Just to make a small point. I think it's incredible that Universal have managed to gut Twister and soft open it's replacement within 16 months.

*sigh*

THIS :clap:

Rode it yesterday. Had expectations set low. I throughly enjoyed it. The screen is enormous and the placement of the ride vehicle is perfect. Very immersive.
None of the smells seemed to be working on our ride through yesterday.
The water effects were very very light sprinkles.

Attachments

• IMG_2181.JPG
    IMG_2181.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 18