Quick birthday trip for my daughter, suggestions for something somewhat unique? | Inside Universal Forums

Quick birthday trip for my daughter, suggestions for something somewhat unique?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

n i c k

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2015
We will be celebrating my daughter's eighth birthday coming up in the next few weeks. We are just doing a quick weekend trip and have been many times before, but was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for something we could do that is a bit unique this time around? She has food allergies, so food related specialities can be a bit tricky. She has recently began reading the Harry Potter series, so I was thinking Olivander's would be great, but my understanding is it is mostly luck of the draw as to being selected. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

Last edited:
We will be celebrating my daughter's eight birthday coming up in the next few weeks. We are just doing a quick weekend trip and have been many times before, but was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for something we could do that is a bit unique this time around? She has food allergies, so food related specialities can be a bit tricky. She has recently began reading the Harry Potter series, so I was thinking Olivander's would be great, but my understanding is it is mostly luck of the draw as to being selected. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!
Grab a birthday pin at guest services or any of the on-site hotels (if you're staying at one). I've seen TMs go out of their way to do small gestures for guests celebrating (happy birthdays, comp'd desserts, etc.)

Olivander's is definitely a lottery style chance of being picked, but if you go when it's quieter (aka rope drop), your odds can improve. Another Potter idea could be doing their photo shoot package, or getting some wizard currency at the Gringotts Money Exchange in Diagon Alley.

Hmm, I didn't realize they had a photo shoot package and for all the times I have been, I didn't realize there was a Gringotts Money Exchange. These are very cool ideas, thanks!

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
We have not tried the Luau. It definitely seems like something we may check out on a longer trip. Thanks!