Poseidon's Fury may be closing very soon | Inside Universal Forums

Poseidon's Fury may be closing very soon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sep 22, 2009
Leesberg, FL
According to Screamscape, Poseidon's Fury MAY be set to close forever on February 2nd, either to make way for (surprise) more potter, or something unique for a change. Either way, if you were a fan of this show now would be a good time to give it another visit....just in case

FROM SCREAMSCAPE: With the latest rumors about the London side of the PotterVerse going in to replace Jaws / Amity still growing steam, you might be wondering if this means Poseidon’s Fury will now be safe from the wrecking ball. According to an interesting note posted to Jeff Jober’s DisneyAtWork.com, you might want to take another visit to Poseidon’s Fury soon, because it is also rumored to be closing forever by February 1st.
This is an interesting twist as well, because we’ve all been hearing about the proposed Hogwarts Express train ride to run between the two parks. We know how the London side can be accomplished, but how and where will the Hogwarts side of the train ride go? It’s got me wondering if the Poseidon’s Fury site (or building) could be used for this purpose somehow. Even if not, and Poseidon does still close, does this mean there is still a Phase 2 in the works to expand Hogsmeade?
Between the Sinbad show arena, Poseidon and the various marketplace stalls here, there is quite a bit of room to do something special when the times comes. So I guess the question is... is this area still destined for a PotterVerse transformation or does Universal have something else more unique in mind?

Interesting development, if true. Is what that article said feasible? Poseidon's Fury could become Hogwart's train destination?

Makes sense in a way, although it's worth remembering how wrong Screamscape have been in the past on occasion. Tough call on this one.

Its not a rumor its fact, and if you remember on the original blueprints that were leaked, the area was clearly marked as expansion area.

Get your last walkthroughs soon, because PF will be gone...personally I'm hoping for a retheme to a Chamber of Secrets walkthrough maybe, but more than likely a massive train station for Hogsmeade.

A once great attraction/theme park experience turned sour because the GP didn't understand the story line...good riddance I say, I will miss the epic facade but I'm sure a new one will rise in its place..

Meh. PF is pretty lame in its current form.

Went through the thing for the first time last summer, and was pretty underwhelmed. I will however miss the Water Vortex, if the building is indeed knocked down.

--- Update ---

And I hope both of these aren't for Potter. One or the other. Not both.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Yea...but I haven't really heard that more of IOA will be taken over as well.

Disappointing if true. The two park thing is fine. The two park thing AND taking all of LC isn't.

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Jurassic Park became Potter's next victim. I feel like Uni. is taking things a bit too far. The thing that made USF and IOA so great was the diversity of rides, with Potter taking over so much land it feels like It's become the Universal Studios of Potter Mania. Sorry Uni., too much is too much (and I'm not JUST talking about Florida here, I'm also talking about California).

And with that, I activate my Flame Shields.

Last edited:
Reactions: Octobers Fade
Great! Why dont they turn the entire IOA into the Wizarding World! And Citywalk too!
I agree, but it wasn't hard to see it in the cards when they neutered The Lost Continent and took it's pair away. It will be sad to see all that great theming destroyed.
My only hope is (and this is MY opinion and MY hope) that Potter stays in IOA instead of taking over the park.

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Jurassic Park became Potter's next victim. I feel like Uni. is taking things a bit too far. The thing that made USF and IOA so great was the diversity of rides, with Potter taking over so much land it feels like It's become the Universal Studios of Potter Mania. Sorry Uni., too much is too much (and I'm not JUST talking about Florida here, I'm also talking about California).

JP won't go anywhere. It's a merch seller.

But this would be too much, if it's talking over all of LC as well. For a good amount of reasons.

1) If it's taking over Jaws, and that will be Diagon Alley, there just isn't anymore usable locales for an area that big.

2) It really is just too much. A different franchise *cough*LOTR*cough* should be put into the rest of LC.

Funny!

Getting a bit over-dramatic here... :lol:

LC was neutered and if they are going with the train option, then the station would more than likely be somewhere around or between Sindbad and PF, which means that with the train station, there wouldn't be enough room to put in another mini-land themed to something else. So, just thinking logically, Potter would take over the rest of LC. And no, it won't be taking over other islands, so let's not overreact. Potter will have ONE island at Islands of adventure as well as a London section at USF.

LC was neutered and if they are going with the train option, then the station would more than likely be somewhere around or between Sindbad and PF, which means that with the train station, there wouldn't be enough room to put in another mini-land themed to something else. So, just thinking logically, Potter would take over the rest of LC. And no, it won't be taking over other islands, so let's not overreact. Potter will have ONE island at Islands of adventure as well as a London section at USF.

Think about that logically, though. I mean really think about it. The train station can easily be placed in an area that's currently backstage. And even if it wasn't, with London going into Amity, what do you put in the rest of the LC? It's a BIG area, with big buildings and restaurants.

I love Potter. A lot. But there just isn't enough stuff to justify all that space.

Wow not too long ago people were saying they couldn't get enough of Potter, now its too much?

PF will be replaced more than likely with a train station, not to menation that Forbidden Forest has not been built, along with quite a few shops in Hogsmeade as well could be erected.

When it comes to what else could be done, possibly a wizarding duealing show/demostration for muggle in the theater of Sinbad, or a recreation of the dragon battle scene from the Tri Wizard tournament, the train station along with some forest would take over PF, but from everything that has been said, it seems to be that Mythos will be spared somehow, someway.