Pass Member Park Takeover Event - June 5th | Inside Universal Forums

Pass Member Park Takeover Event - June 5th

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal Studios Hollywood has announced an exclusive after-hours Pass Member Park Takeover will take place on June 5, 2024.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
This sounds great

I'm assuming its because of grad nights.....but any reason this can't be on a Friday? Park closes at 9 at the latest any way, so just asking why not do this on a day where people with jobs can enjoy?

Reactions: saint.piss
Grabbing a Ticket was so easy compared to last time....love this trend and hope the park is as fun as last time

Anyone else go? I had a good time, but still feel there's room for improvement. On one hand, it's simultaneously clever and annoying how they can largely repurpose all their Grade Nite decor and just swap it out for the Pass Member Park Take Over event. That said, I'm ultimately not complaining much there, because the vast majority of us won't be experiencing a Grad Nite anyway, so I give that a pass.

So the minimal decor was fine, and it was nice to have different music playing throughout the park. The Sprite Lounge was there. I'm sure many enjoyed all the extra alcohol stations, but for the non-drinkers, there's not too much else that make sit unique. It was especially disappointing that absolutely NOTHING was being done in the Palaza, so this glaring empty space on the upper lot was glaring.

I'd love to see more perks that are AP specific.
  • Unique or little seen character meet and greets/photo ops.
  • Lights on ride with Mummy (which I've been suggesting for a while)
  • Access to the VIP Dining Lounge at Moulin Rouge (they could even upchage for that)

I went

It's free so my expectations are low, not saying there isn't room for improvement but the lines being mostly 5-10 mins (Mario kart and the tram being exceptions to this) is a pretty nice perk

The Lounge was cool but...yeah no idea why they refuse to use the Plaza...is it cursed?

Characters had low lines and people loved to get to dance with them from what I could see but yes, no Woody even or Doc Brown? Like someone kinda exclusive would be cool

Mummy with the lights on and Moulin Rouge bring open would be a great win.

Also the castle show was happening (no fireworks) but literally no one knew.....I really don't understand why you would put on a show...but not want anyone to attend...like why not just have a sign in front of the land with times before the event, have the times on the back of the event neckless thing they give you and maybe tell staff about it.

So yeah if I was running this event I would have had the plaza with Woody and his GF (since rumors are they have hired people for it and have the costumes), special photo ops in the plaza...maybe like the Blue's Brothers Car or Back to the Future car, Deatheaters even if they aren't scaring people but just taking photos. Having Norman taking pictures with guests at the hotel, and the tram should have had extra trivia since...we are APs we know it all. Also Dream Works theater could have had Shrek 4D come back...or something

Anyway Still a good free event but yeah could also use a little extra

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
Also the castle show was happening (no fireworks) but literally no one knew.....I really don't understand why you would put on a show...but not want anyone to attend...like why not just have a sign in front of the land with times before the event, have the times on the back of the event neckless thing they give you and maybe tell staff about it.

They did have a sign in front of the land, I'll give them that. But yeah, there was no other mention of it anywhere.

I will add it was nice that the lines for rides was so short. And it seemed like no one knew that Toadstool Cafe was open, because it had nearly no line at all and was taking walk ups. Easiest visit there we ever had.

Also, it would have been cool of them to do an advance reveal of the upcoming HHN maze, or POV of Fast & Furious. Something that would get fans even more hyped about what's to come. And that wouldn't be a lot of work for them to set up something like that in the plaza.

They did have a sign in front of the land, I'll give them that. But yeah, there was no other mention of it anywhere.

I will add it was nice that the lines for rides was so short. And it seemed like no one knew that Toadstool Cafe was open, because it had nearly no line at all and was taking walk ups. Easiest visit there we ever had.

Also, it would have been cool of them to do an advance reveal of the upcoming HHN maze, or POV of Fast & Furious. Something that would get fans even more hyped about what's to come. And that wouldn't be a lot of work for them to set up something like that in the plaza.
I meant before the event happened because i heard it was happening..then asked TMs in the land and in front of it (the people with the signs saying guests relations) and they all said no its not happening....then I saw the sign in the lower lot. Yeah I just dont get it why they always dont really hype this show up. It costs the same regardless if people show up or not

I mean, to their credit, the original emails for the event stated MK (and Tram and FJ) were all closing early, and stated their closing times. But yeah, not much you can do if you're coming from work. We ended up missing the tram because we did MK and ate at Toadstool instead, and it was closed by the time we finished

Reactions: Jerroddragon