Nintendo Switch | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So after a long time just adventuring the amazing world of Breath of the Wild finding Koroks and opening chests (still a long way to go) I finally beat the first dungeon. What a complete and utter letdown. I guess it's not really a "dungeon" though but that's really all they came up with? I hear the other three are no different but I hear good things about Hyrule Castle so there's that.

I like the Shrines but "BotW 2" definitely needs proper dungeons.

I like their take on dungeons in this game and I'm fine with the dungeon bosses testing your slate abilities and special fighting circumstances more than just being hard.

I thought the divine beasts weren't THAT bad, and I enjoyed them for what they were. My biggest gripe with the game is honestly the side quests, mainly because they rarely pay off with anything useful and they feel kinda pointless sometimes (yay, 100 rupees). These complaints are fairly small though, and at the end of the day BotW has to be in my top 3 Zelda's, you can really tell how much hard work and love they put into it. If the sequel uses the same engine I would love for them to pull a Majora's Mask. Imagine the sequel focusing less on the exploration aspect and instead having a more in-depth story, sidequests, and dungeons. Also a hookshot.

Haven't played BotW yet, but I think that, generally speaking, it will be very hard to ever top the original Legend of Zelda and Ocarina of Time. From what I've heard though, it seems like BotW seems to want to be similar to the original Legend of Zelda, where you are thrown into things without much information and you have to figure things out pretty much by yourself. Of course, the original Zelda still had quite a bit of linearity and the map was not that big; so anyway, what I wonder, besides the lack of dungeons Mike has mentioned, are there any complaints that perhaps BotW is too open-world?

Reactions: Mike S
I thought the divine beasts weren't THAT bad, and I enjoyed them for what they were. My biggest gripe with the game is honestly the side quests, mainly because they rarely pay off with anything useful and they feel kinda pointless sometimes (yay, 100 rupees). These complaints are fairly small though, and at the end of the day BotW has to be in my top 3 Zelda's, you can really tell how much hard work and love they put into it. If the sequel uses the same engine I would love for them to pull a Majora's Mask. Imagine the sequel focusing less on the exploration aspect and instead having a more in-depth story, sidequests, and dungeons. Also a hookshot.
No. Same exploration but this time with proper dungeons littered around the overworld like the first NES game which was the inspiration for BotW anyway. Then also have the better story on top of it. They cannot go back to a more linear formula after this game and luckily they aren't.

I want the next Metroid to be like BotW too. Not exactly but the same open nature of it.

I like their take on dungeons in this game and I'm fine with the dungeon bosses testing your slate abilities and special fighting circumstances more than just being hard.
Barely any test. Use Cryonis to break ice, bash him with powered up Master Sword if he's close enough, snipe with Mighty Lynel Bow if far, rinse, repeat, down in like 3 minutes. I'm not even joking.

Maybe that was my problem. I should've gimped myself with weak weapons and armor for more of a challenge but then what does that say about the "boss" itself? If all the bosses are like this it makes me really question the games story of how they needed all that technology to fight them. Seems like overkill. Also how did they kill the Champions? They must've been even wimpier. During the cutscene with Mipha's spirit I couldn't help but think "that's what killed you? Really?"

Barely any test. Use Cryonis to break ice, bash him with powered up Master Sword if he's close enough, snipe with Mighty Lynel Bow if far, rinse, repeat, down in like 3 minutes. I'm not even joking.

Maybe that was my problem. I should've gimped myself with weak weapons and armor for more of a challenge but then what does that say about the "boss" itself? If all the bosses are like this it makes me really question the games story of how they needed all that technology to fight them. Seems like overkill. Also how did they kill the Champions? They must've been even wimpier. During the cutscene with Mipha's spirit I couldn't help but think "that's what killed you? Really?"

I played the game more linearly so that might be why I'm more positive on the boss battles. I felt it was fine. At that point I didn't have the master sword or any high level items from Lynels.

I played the game more linearly so that might be why I'm more positive on the boss battles. I felt it was fine. At that point I didn't have the master sword or any high level items from Lynels.
Ironically, that is how I play open world games as well, a lot of it is though, because I don't game much anymore, so when I do play something, I don't just want to wander around.

I still think it shouldn't have been that easy. We've used the Master Sword against plenty of bosses throughout the series and it was never made that easy.

So I did the Lizard last night. I loved how it started all dark and I was getting a bit into it even after I lit the place up but it's still way too small and lacking in enemies like the elephant. It took me a bit too long to figure out I needed to use bombs on the boss but it was still very easy though. The White-Maned Lynels on the other side of Death Mountain however... :yikes:

For the successor to Breath of the Wild they should have Shrines for all the puzzles and Dungeons as enemy ridden hell holes with the obvious Big Baddy at the end.

Something I've been wondering for quite a while now, but why is it that Nintendo attracts so many trolls? Whenever I go to a Nintendo site or something and look at the comments section ... well, it usually is some of the dumbest stuff ever, and even on amazon, there are a lot of troll review on Nintendo products. I just never get this.

Something I've been wondering for quite a while now, but why is it that Nintendo attracts so many trolls? Whenever I go to a Nintendo site or something and look at the comments section ... well, it usually is some of the dumbest stuff ever, and even on amazon, there are a lot of troll review on Nintendo products. I just never get this.
Because gaming is for "mature" people who like "mature" things like guns and power.

Reactions: anihilnation

May I introduce you to the SNES vs Genesis ads and console wars?