Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 331 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean, I don't think Universal is scrapping all of those Zelda ideas they came up with for SNW just because they decided to focus that one all on the various Mario brands. But that's just me speaking from Shigeru Miyamoto's gut.

OK it has less sales than:

Mario
Tetris
Pokemon
Grand Theft Auto
Call of Duty
The Sims
Sonic
Need for Speed
Final Fantasy
Minecraft
FIFA
Lego
Madden
Assassins Creed

Like you said, it's popular and influential in the industry. Unfortunately for the Zelda fans, Universal isn't in the video game industry.

Like the person who you are replying to said, it isn't fair to compare some of those games to Zelda. I think that Zelda would be a really neat mini-land, like Springfield(maybe bigger), but not a full fledged Hogsmede type of land.

Like the person who you are replying to said, it isn't fair to compare some of those games to Zelda. I think that Zelda would be a really neat mini-land, like Springfield(maybe bigger), but not a full fledged Hogsmede type of land.

That was basically my point from a page or three ago. A ride sure, a land no. I think something closer to Kong is what it fits, but I could see something closer to Springfield to make it blend into the area around it. But some people seem to think it deserves a whole land to itself. Other than "it would be real neat looking" and "it's a big franchise with gamers" I haven't heard a convincing argument for that.

That was basically my point from a page or three ago. A ride sure, a land no. I think something closer to Kong is what it fits, but I could see something closer to Springfield to make it blend into the area around it. But some people seem to think it deserves a whole land to itself. Other than "it would be real neat looking" and "it's a big franchise with gamers" I haven't heard a convincing argument for that.

Look at the list of Nintendo properties and then count the number of potential expansions. So Zelda goes into IOA and Pokémon goes into new park phase 1. That kills all momentum for Nintendo theme park expansions because the rest are too cute or too niche. Oh did you hear Universal is building a Kirby ride? said very few people. Oh I'm so excited for the Animal Crossing expansion said not a good number of people.

Fire Emblem is not known by the general populace but would fit that medieval/look that LC already has. Universal is already doing Potter Expansion and a MSHI expansion that would already outshine Zelda before the third dry park opens so save it for something bigger that would actually add more rather than be buried.

Korkiko forest, Deku Tree, Castle Town and Death Mountain all in third dry park.

Reactions: zg44
Look at the list of Nintendo properties and then count the number of potential expansions. So Zelda goes into IOA and Pokémon goes into new park phase 1. That kills all momentum for Nintendo theme park expansions because the rest are too cute or too niche. Oh did you hear Universal is building a Kirby ride? said very few people. Oh I'm so excited for the Animal Crossing expansion said not a good number of people.

Fire Emblem is not known by the general populace but would fit that medieval/look that LC already has. Universal is already doing Potter Expansion and a MSHI expansion that would already outshine Zelda before the third dry park opens so save it for something bigger that would actually add more rather than be buried.

Korkiko forest, Deku Tree, Castle Town and Death Mountain all in third dry park.
I'd like to see this as well; I can understand if it ends up in IoA, but to me, Zelda's probably the perfect pair for Pokemon in the next park.

Both target different audiences and can support a full experience.

Last edited:
OK it has less sales than:

Mario
Tetris
Pokemon
Grand Theft Auto
Call of Duty
The Sims
Sonic
Need for Speed
Final Fantasy
Minecraft
FIFA
Lego
Madden
Assassins Creed

Like you said, it's popular and influential in the industry. Unfortunately for the Zelda fans, Universal isn't in the video game industry.
I would actually like to see a need for speed, minecraft, and sonic ride somewhere, but I don't think need for speed would make for a good land, and while sonic has qualities that can be made into its own land, I would much rather see minecraft be made into land then sonic

I would actually like to see a need for speed, minecraft, and sonic ride somewhere, but I don't think need for speed would make for a good land, and while sonic has qualities that can be made into its own land, I would much rather see minecraft be made into land then sonic

I would rather want more Nintendo than any franchise in the gaming industry, to be frank.

Why go to a competing brand when you already have one of the most iconic brands of entertainment?

Reactions: Mike S

I'm not really sure we see more Nintendo. Unless SNW is a Potter level monster, which I don't think it will be, we may just see one land. And even if it is huge, I don't know that any expansions will be done that don't involve more Mario.

It is not necessarily just about the sales number, but also about dedicated fanbase and Zelda has a lot of this.

NASCAR has a dedicated fan base too, but I don't see a Daytona racing land coming any time soon. Theres just not enough Zelda fans out there no matter how dedicated they are.

Reactions: BrenRays
Ok, point made. but I'd still want to see a minecraft land in a theme park somewhere, especially if the movie is a success.

If Minecraft has a successful film, the only park(s) I see it going to is any WB Park and nowhere else.

I'm not really sure we see more Nintendo. Unless SNW is a Potter level monster, which I don't think it will be, we may just see one land. And even if it is huge, I don't know that any expansions will be done that don't involve more Mario.

Nintendo, won't be a one hit and done situation.

Reactions: Mike S
I'm not really sure we see more Nintendo. Unless SNW is a Potter level monster, which I don't think it will be, we may just see one land. And even if it is huge, I don't know that any expansions will be done that don't involve more

NASCAR has a dedicated fan base too, but I don't see a Daytona racing land coming any time soon. Theres just not enough Zelda fans out there no matter how dedicated they are.

Zelda sells tons of merchandise. One of the easiest games to ever find anything and has been around for a long time. Just because you personally have not played it( for shame) does not make it unfit to hold a land.

Zelda sells tons of merchandise. One of the easiest games to ever find anything and has been around for a long time. Just because you personally have not played it( for shame) does not make it unfit to hold a land.

I played Zelda. Didn't say it was a bad game. Just that it doesn't have the pop cultural impact to justify a whole land at Universal.

Reactions: BrenRays
Even phase 1 in KidZone has an area set aside for future expansion. Not only are they going into this with everything they've got, it appears Universal is already preparing for the possibility of growing the Mushroom Kingdom. They're already looking at this as Potter level, and it ain't even built yet.

But, as they did with Diagon, I'm sure this will be a wait and see situation. But if it takes off like they expect, we can expect to see movement on more Nintendo quite quickly after the first area opens I suspect.