Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 318 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
More: Cheep Cheep Tacos with fried Blooper Rings. Big Boo's BBQ Burger with Shy Guy Fries. Petey Piranha Salad with Yoshi's Island Dressing, Rosalina's Rotisserie Chicken, Birdo's Bob-omb Poppers, Waluigi Wahhhhntons... etc., etc. you get the idea.
Cant wait for the IU Radio episode where they quiz Andy on whether or not these food titles are real or not.

Last edited:
I think they should do Super Mario Bento Boxes.

2a0b9a939c68a1db8f0ab63fd7a2a68c8feed94d.400x0.none.jpg
1880.jpg

It's a step above just naming the stuff after Mario characters, since it looks like them too. And speaking of naming food after Mario characters, I'm partial to the idea of Koopasta with Goomballs myself.

More: Cheep Cheep Tacos with fried Blooper Rings. Big Boo's BBQ Burger with Shy Guy Fries. Petey Piranha Salad with Yoshi's Island Dressing, Rosalina's Rotisserie Chicken, Birdo's Bob-omb Poppers, Waluigi Wahhhhntons... etc., etc. you get the idea.
I'll have a Princess Peach Saki-tini, a Boo Roll, and a Melting Chocolate Bomba for dessert, please.

7%20bento%20sushi%20halloween.jpg

SC1505019_Summer_Blog_ChocBomba_Opt2.jpg

Reactions: Joel and E.Gadd
Hmmm. What should we discuss then.

How sure are we that ET is staying AND that we're still getting all 3 rides for phase one?

I'll start. 100% sure.

No telling what might happen down the road, but ET is safe until at least after SNW phase 1 opens. That gives it several more years (and probably a few more after as well, at least.)

910iUYWhaeL._SY550_.jpg

Nintendo-themed ice cream flavors...:wave:
Between Butterbeer Ice Cream and Waturi Fusion I'd say Universal's on a roll here. Would love to see what they can do for Nintendo.

"Kirby's Dream-Swirl"

That's my guess. Sounds like Dream-World. Sorta.

jr.png

How about Koopaling Cones? Bowser's kids already look like they were each born to represent a different sherbet flavor anyway, and you could even up-sell people on it by offering them in a collectible Koopa Clown Car Cup.

hqdefault.jpg

It doesn't even need to be ice cream, really I just want a Koopa Clown Car. You could serve shame in it, I don't care.

Nintendo Trademarks The Term 'Nintendo Check-In'

New trademark that seems to be theme park related. So far only in Japan

also of note

Nintendo's president Tatsumi Kimishima added: "We are indeed moving forward with bringing our IP and characters to Universal's theme parks through our connection with Universal Parks and Resorts. We have also announced that we will be expanding beyond Japan, with plans for Orlando, Florida and Hollywood, California. So far, we have not determined whether we will move into any other locations besides the US and Japan. That will all depend on our future negotiations with Universal."

WILL NOT BE IN BEIJING OR MOSCOW

Last edited:
I'd have to imagine he'd be talking about the possibility moreso of a future expansion for the first Beijing park, if I was to guess.
Yeah, the Beijing park will have the largest "expansion" areas of any Universal park, so there will definitely be a good chance that it can appear there later.

Yeah, the Beijing park will have the largest "expansion" areas of any Universal park, so there will definitely be a good chance that it can appear there later.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Nintendo never released the Wii U in China and has no current plans to release the Switch there. Console gaming has 0 foothold in China, so I'm personally not surprised no one's in a rush to build SNW in Beijing.

Reactions: quinnmac000
I wouldn't be so sure of that. Nintendo never released the Wii U in China and has no current plans to release the Switch there. Console gaming has 0 foothold in China, so I'm personally not surprised no one's in a rush to build SNW in Beijing.
True, but it'll probably come down to how successful the lands are in the US with kids and families (no question it'll be a booming success in Japan). If the attractions are good and target families well, then I think we will likely see a Super Nintendo World in Beijing as a possible expansion land (i.e. like Toy Story Land being built as an expansion land in Shanghai).

Mario/Pokemon probably have some level of resonance through piracy so there might at least be something to build off of, but realistically movie IPs are probably best for China just because they're the only way that Western IP has been able to easily reach Chinese consumers en masse.

Of course there might be sensitivity with the joint venture partner over including explicitly Japanese IP but I think that can be worked around..., these things are difficult to tell though.

True, but it'll probably come down to how successful the lands are in the US with kids and families (no question it'll be a booming success in Japan). If the attractions are good and target families well, then I think we will likely see a Super Nintendo World in Beijing as a possible expansion land (i.e. like Toy Story Land being built as an expansion land in Shanghai).

Mario/Pokemon probably have some level of resonance through piracy so there might at least be something to build off of, but realistically movie IPs are probably best for China just because they're the only way that Western IP has been able to easily reach Chinese consumers en masse.

Of course there might be sensitivity with the joint venture partner over including explicitly Japanese IP but I think that can be worked around..., these things are difficult to tell though.

If Nintendo wanted Beijing they would've included Beijing in their initial plans.