Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 242 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder, could they start offering in room Switch docks so you don't have to bring your own from home? Could be a nice little convenient service.

I highly doubt it there Mike. What's the advantage or draw for Universal? To keep you in your room playing video games instead of eating, shopping, and experiencing the park?

I don't see it, but never say never.

If I'm not mistaken, haven't the base KH titles not been to an Nintendo Device (KH1, KH2)?
No those were always just PlayStation but there were games on GBA, DS, and 3DS.
I highly doubt it there Mike. What's the advantage or draw for Universal? To keep you in your room playing video games instead of eating, shopping, and experiencing the park?

I don't see it, but never say never.
Well people could bring it and play without the TV anway like I would. Offering a dock would just be a nice convenience.

I don't disagree. But again, why? It costs money and IT support. And for what advantage?
Not to mention, look how long it got to take hotels to start putting USB ports in rooms, and everything charges off USB. They aren't going to buy thousands of these docks when only a small percentage of guests would be able to use it.

I don't disagree. But again, why? It costs money and IT support. And for what advantage?
They have a preexisting deal with Nintendo and it could be a nice service for guests that have a Switch. I didn't say it would be free either. There could be a small fee like $5-$10 or something.

Can we keep the Switch talk over in the Switch thread? I could care less about switch stuff, but really want to read this thread for Nintendo theme park stuff.
Well I was speaking about it in the context of what Universal could do in their resorts so I believe it's relevant to the topic.

I know that but Zelda was so out of left field, I was like waaaaaaat??? Unless someone now wants to break some news for us...cough cough.
Yeah, it really sounds left field for the first phase. But I would think it would be a strong possibility for the fourth park....Maybe that's what he's confusing it with.

It was apparently in the original plans and got dropped.
I remember Teebin talking about the original plans and he never mentioned Zelda. It was always Mario, DK .He had info way before Nintendo ever announced it. ...and then later Yoshii was added to Japan. ....unless it was just some talk before they formulated their actual plan to Nintendo

Last edited:
This feels like déjà vu.

Didn't we all hear about Zelda being part of earlier proposals ages ago? I could have sworn it was discussed.

I wouldn't worry too much about Zelda not being a part of phase 1. I'd argue it's better this way actually.

Reactions: Andysol and Mike S
Spirit reported there was a Zelda attraction planned and it already got some cuts. that drastically differs from what was stated here.

Zelda attraction hasn't been in the cards for Phase 1 since solid planning started. It was part of the original pitch.

Yoshi ride or I personally see to installing an Indian burial ground under this thing, wrapped in a cocoon of miyamoto voodoo dolls.

I think you're gonna be okay.