Next Gen Nintendo Console | Inside Universal Forums

Next Gen Nintendo Console

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Eurogamer/VGC Articles & Start of Thread
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
From VGC & Eurogamer (and other sources such as NateTheHate & UnivNintendo), Nintendo showed off their latest and greatest in upcoming hardware, a console potentially containing 12gbs of ram, DLSS, and possibly Ray Tracing.

From Nate:
> I specifically said they did not show press. I never said they didn't show developers. Literally, everyone noticed that I only mentioned the press portion of his tweet being wrong. Largely the same stuff, with a few things I could add, but I'm reluctant to do so; as a few of my contacts from Gamescom are pissed off that EG/VGC ran reports on this right now.

All I'll add here is that there were no playable demos, as this thread speculated. No one played Switch Successor at Gamescom. Only tech demos were shown, and some were shown, as mentioned, on hardware with "target specs" or via a video capture. To my understanding, there was no actual Switch 2 hardware on display -- if there were, it may have been a devkit but there was no final hardware shown to partners.

> Yes, but, as reported, it was shown on hardware targeting Switch Successor specs and not Switch Successor itself. Such a demo would be beneficial to Nintendo in the sense it shows that the hardware could do --when using DLSS features-- & aids Epic to market UE5 as a viable option to partners making games for the device.

I have a few details about how it ran on the target spec hardware -- but am reluctant to share such details right now.

From Resetera--Nintendo Switch 2, codenamed NG, is going to have two versions.
  • Physical version - 449$
  • Digital version - 399$