New UO Resort Logo? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

New UO Resort Logo?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What was the old logo like? This just seems obligatory blah to me.

I believe it was this.

resources-digitalassets-Universal-Orlando-Resort-Logo.jpg

I think they are setting up a design pattern where the sub text (in this case, "ORLANDO RESORT") is the specific execition of the brand.

So, with the new logo, it's just UNIVERSAL, and in this particular instance, the execution is the ORLANDO RESORT. It's a good move. Everyone just calls it "Universal" anyway... nobody ever calls it "Universal Orlando" in conversation.

Same with movies. This movie is from UNIVERSAL, with the execution being from STUDIOS.

We're visiting UNIVERSAL, and in this instance, it's JAPAN. Etc.

Hope that makes sense.

Pretty high quality version on the Myth Explorer website.
uo_logo.png

Nice representation, just not sure how much I like the logo. I understand making the lettering larger for 'Universal', but I just don't like that it doesn't seem to bend around the globe as much...I think having the 'U' take up so much more space than the 'L' at the end, it makes me think it looks off center.

I must read these boards too much, I've never given this much thought to a logo before.

I prefer the old logo. The new one is too corporate and sterile...no soul, no sense of adventure or fun. Like Teebin said above, you could add the word "bank" to it. Boo!

Reactions: Mad Dog
Multi-year rollout plan? That seems incredibly long. As somebody who lives down near Google HQ, I saw them update all of their signage in a day when they updated their logo. It was pretty amazing to see all of the people changing logos around town.

I can't understand why Universal would be taking so long to do this. Unless, they've got a bunch of things in the works involving the old logo that they can't change?

Multi-year rollout plan? That seems incredibly long. As somebody who lives down near Google HQ, I saw them update all of their signage in a day when they updated their logo. It was pretty amazing to see all of the people changing logos around town.

I can't understand why Universal would be taking so long to do this. Unless, they've got a bunch of things in the works involving the old logo that they can't change?

If it's all over hotels, tickets, passes, buses, billboards, nametags, etc... it probably is a lot to replace all at once.

I don't really understand the point of changing the logo. What is the marketing strategy with this new and boring design? Any thoughts?
I like the old design much better. The new one reminds me of something a young kid would do experimenting with his computer tools.

It's also probably a synergy thing, as it does look closer to the current Universal Pictures logo as well.

Universal-Pictures_logo_2013.jpg

I don't really understand the point of changing the logo. What is the marketing strategy with this new and boring design? Any thoughts?

Perhaps they want to make a major announcement later this year that will impact what people perceive of Universal Orlando Resort; and keeping it streamlined with the current design of the Universal Pictures logo.