New UO Resort Logo? | Inside Universal Forums

New UO Resort Logo?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 28, 2013
Came across this new logo in an ad for RPR.

image.jpeg

I personally like it way better because it feels classic. As a logo for a theme park, however, it feels less "fun" then the current logo and the readability of it is lower.

Anyone know if this is officially the new design?

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't it funny how something like that will just appear? Just slip out accidentally, instead of some big reveal, haha

I just received a nice slick brochure for Sapphire Bay today. Heck, it was even printed on matted paper. Ironically, I booked 5 nights in the Fall for Sapphire last night. So I just looked at it again after your post and it has the old Universal logo on it.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Interesting. I don't mind the more muted colors at all.

I went to see The Boss last week and a Universal Parks & Resorts logo came up at the end of the credits and it was similar but with the brighter and bolder blue.

I love it, my only little gripe is that "Resort" isn't minimized in relation to the rest of the logo.

Assuming they'll do a big press week from June 17 to 24 or so, I wonder if they might do some kind of big reveal for the logo then, and if they'll do a big push to change out all of the signs and stuff.

I'm surprised a new globe hasn't made it's way to USH. But I'm looking forward to taking a pic with the retro signage when I'm there next week.

I'm surprised a new globe hasn't made it's way to USH. But I'm looking forward to taking a pic with the retro signage when I'm there next week.

Things are much more focused on the history of the studio out there, so I think that globe kind of represents that park better. I'm wondering now if they'll update our globe to match the new logo, and if they'll also be updating the Universal Studios Hollywood/Florida/Japan/Singapore logo.

Seems like this new logo is what they want to use from now on. I've just seen it on a few more things.

uorl.png

I'm a big fan of this personally. Probably not likely, but I can only help and wonder if they'll update the globe that sits outside the park once they start using this more.