New Star Wars Nightime Entertainment Coming This Spring & Summer | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

New Star Wars Nightime Entertainment Coming This Spring & Summer

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

In all seriousness, I'm very interested in the end result of this show.

:lol:

I'm excited to see what they do with the projections, but a tad worried about the fireworks being off to the right.

Slightly OT - Good part of the new launch pad is TSMM can stay open during fireworks now since they will be launched from across the street.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Bummer. Cancelling my WDW hotel for June 3-6. Nothing will be open as I originally suspected and thats the last time I can use my Seasonal Pass before blackout dates start. Oh well. Awaken Fall!

Reactions: martymcflyy85
:lol:

I'm excited to see what they do with the projections, but a tad worried about the fireworks being off to the right.

Slightly OT - Good part of the new launch pad is TSMM can stay open during fireworks now since they will be launched from across the street.

Agreed with both points. It will at least allow capacity to not lessen, which is always a plus.

Reactions: Nick
OK, so I need to see the old one before June 17th, maybe I will change to go to DHS this weekend instead of Epcot. Last weekend before crowds. We were thinking Garden food and get our print. But maybe we can do that on Memorial weekend since Epcot is easier to deal with in crowds. Decisions, Decisions :)

OK, so I need to see the old one before June 17th, maybe I will change to go to DHS this weekend instead of Epcot. Last weekend before crowds. We were thinking Garden food and get our print. But maybe we can do that on Memorial weekend since Epcot is easier to deal with in crowds. Decisions, Decisions :)
The current one is like a slightly toned down July 4th or NYE Illuminations fireworks tag. It's easily the best fireworks display on property right now.

Guard your eyes though, fallout from this show can be nasty. A lot of people end up at first aid and given eye drops because of it.

The current one is like a slightly toned down July 4th or NYE Illuminations fireworks tag. It's easily the best fireworks display on property right now.

Guard your eyes though, fallout from this show can be nasty. A lot of people end up at first aid and given eye drops because of it.

I know you said that before which is why I want to go. It seems it will not be happening tomorrow, so I will stick to Epcot. Need to find a day I can do DHS that has the fireworks before June 17th :)

the Galactic Spectacular has officially premiered and from what the videos see; it looks to be the best use of projection mapping on any nighttime show in WDW to me.

What nighttime shows use projection mapping in WDW?

Our video is exporting now. Should be posted soon.

I personally enjoyed it, but it seems as if your viewing spot impacts your enjoyment (We had front of GMR stage, off-center to the right so we had a prime view compared to those down Hollywood Blvd.)

So the old show was awesome, can't wait to hear how this was stacks up to the old one.

A lot less firework spectacle, more effects and projection mapping.

I stood right in the middle of Hollywood Blvd. just after the walkway they make behind the new lighting towers and although I saw the theater fine I couldn't see the fireworks at all because of the trees. They moved the perfectly centered fireworks to a spot only a handful of people can see them. Also I thought the projection mapping was cool and all but the firework show that I loved is no more. The whole show felt like an upgraded Cinematic Spectacular to me, but maybe once I watch the show where I can see everything I might change my opinion, but for now I will stick to Wishes. And it sucks because I saw them testing the show Tuesday night and I was really looking forward to it.

I stood right in the middle of Hollywood Blvd. just after the walkway they make behind the new lighting towers and although I saw the theater fine I couldn't see the fireworks at all because of the trees. They moved the perfectly centered fireworks to a spot only a handful of people can see them. Also I thought the projection mapping was cool and all but the firework show that I loved is no more. The whole show felt like an upgraded Cinematic Spectacular to me, but maybe once I watch the show where I can see everything I might change my opinion, but for now I will stick to Wishes. And it sucks because I saw them testing the show Tuesday night and I was really looking forward to it.

Welcome!

Yea, agreed. An odd choice to have the fireworks off-center. Hopefully they reconsider the placement and add another launch area, unless it's planned and just something prevented that tonight.