New Ride Ideas | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

New Ride Ideas

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Since Puss in Boots opened in Singapore, they have unveiled a unique coaster system. The ride itself honestly doesn't look that grand, but they could definitely use it for something far more extensively themed using a similar system. I personally I think it would be cool to have a highly themed indoor dark coaster using that over here.

What could they theme it to? Lorax maybe? More Potter?

My favorite part of their new coaster? It's an overhead suspended ride system like ET/Peter Pan. I adore those types of rides. I'd like to see that system utilized for some sort of new dark ride. Some sort of timeless family property would be great. If they could bring something Dr. Seuss related, that'd be awesome. Tie it into a future Illumination film. The problem with The Lorax was that at times a lot of the film tried too hard to be hip. A new Dr Seuss film has to be funny, quirky, and sweet in the tone of Despicable Me.

Reactions: Alexshow.
I know that Crimson Peak movie is not out yet but after watch the trailer of Crimson Peak I want to see a Crimson Peak Trackless dark ride with 3D digital projection and pepper ghost and gobo projection.

Back to the Furious: Supercharged......or Fast to the Future.

Simple re-do of F&F:Supercharged. Owen Shaw is looking for the person who stole the rest of the plutonium he was stealing from a mad scientist. Right when we hit the race, a DeLoreon appears in front of Dom's car, Roman Pierce helps Marty McFly and Doc Brown hook the tram up to the DeLoreon. "Great Scott!" Doc Brown would yell. "We're now int the year 2015! Get my plutonium Dom!" As soon as Shaw gets killed off and we get our plutonium back, Biff's son shows up on a hoverboard and tries to steal it. After crashing into a truck full of steer manure, we jump over the bridge, as the Deloreon and the tram accelerate up to 88mph and zap us back to the year 1990. Our tram stops inside of the Dante's Inferno tunnel. Doc would yell, "WE DID IT! We saved the future from Own Shaw and Biff! Now remember time-travelers, go fourth and remember the future is what you make it!" As soon as the fog clears, our tram would eave the tunnel as "Back in Time" plays.

Admit it. It's better than Supercharged. ;)

Crimson Peak can make a great trackless dark ride with digital projection, pepper ghost, gobo projection and 3D images.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they're going to spend mucho denero on a new ride, they're going to want to theme it to a property that is proven successful and has a pretty broad appeal. Judging by the trailer, while it looks good, I don't see it grossing enough money to spend $200 mil. on a new dark ride, especially with an expensive ride system. Horror films don't generally have a very broad appeal so I don't see this happening.

I do think its highly possible for an HHN maze, however.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a ride system like this would be cool! Like a more "mellow" Forbidden Journey. 
25676639720_4191d4ca88_b.jpg

I just found it a couple weeks ago while searching Google Images for "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey". 

I would like to see something related to the musical Wicked at the park... I mean it is successful and such a money making show