Neverland | Inside Universal Forums

Neverland

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 24, 2008
Orlando, FL
As Most of you know Disney has a very successful book series called Peter and the Starcatchers. A play based on the first book, called Peter and the Starcatcher opened on Broadway in Feb. and proceeded to get nominated for 9 Tonys and won 5. An impressive feat. In July, Disney announced that the film version has been green lit and going into full production with Gary Ross (Hunger Games) at the helm. That said.

I have had me self an apostrophe. I would love to see the BIG project coming to the studios be Neverland. With a huge volcano in the center of the island. Pirate Cove with a Pirate Fort and full blown Pirate ship front and center. They could have a counterservice restaurant in the Pirate ship called "The Galley". In the fort would be shops and the Pirate make over salon for the boys. There would also be a flat ride based on the same ride system as Mater's Junkyard Jamboree called the Oaken Cask. Where you ride around in Rum Barrels. And obviously a Black 'Stach/Hook and Smee M&G.

In the Mollusk Village would be a few more shops and another flat ride of sorts (I haven't hammered out that one yet, but it would be family friendly). Nearby would be the Lost Boys hideout with a walk through of their hideout a la Tom Sawyer Island caves. This is also where the Tinkerbell M&G and Pixie make over salon would be.

The headliner attraction would be a watercoaster called Skull Rock utilizing a similar ride system to Journey to Atlantis at Sea World San Diego. It has an elevator instead of a lift hill. After loading you would enter Skull Rock through the skull mouth and there would be several show scenes featuring Pirate junk and a steamer trunk leaking starstuff into a cave lagoon with the Mermaids You come to a dead end where, right before Mr. Grinn (Starcatcher's version of Tick Tock the giant croc) gets you, you are lifted straight up into the volcano caldera (elevator). When you reach the top you ride down the mountain on the coaster portion of the ride.

Since the film version is in production the same set designerss could work with WDI to capture the feel of the film

I know a similar idea was mentioned by every armchair imagineer on the planet for Fantasyland. But my version would be a little to E-Ticket for Fantasyland. Giant Crocodile, big drops and all.

In my mind it would look something like this but instead of a castle behind the boat would be the Pirate Fort. And Skull Rock would be off to the right where the bridge is.

photo_TDS_MH.jpg

Who here would hate if Disney did this at The Park Formerly Known As Disney-MGM Studios?

Last edited:
This would give DHS it's first "Mountain"! Yeah. A much needed water ride. Yeah! More M&Gs. meh. And a project huge enough to give the Pixiedust addicts a "Gleezure".

I'd be pleasantly shocked if I was wrong, but I don't see DHS getting anything other than Pixar and maybbbbbeeeee Star Wars either. If TDO wants to spend, I'm sure they want something they think will sell more merch.

Yeah, what I am hearing is a Monster's Inc dark ride similar to Tokyo's. A Bug's Life overlay to HISTK Playground and an Incredibles E-Ticket. But I don't think that that is going to do what these full blown "lands' (WWOHP and Carsland) have done for attendance and guest satifaction. Unless of course the Incredibles E-Ticket involves a huge volcano/ Evil Villian Lair.

Last edited:
Yeah, what I am hearing is a Monster's Inc dark ride similar to Tokyo's. A Bug's Life overlay to HISTK Playground and an Incredibles E-Ticket. But I don't think that that is going to do what these full blown "lands' (WWOHP and Carsland) have done for attendance and guest satifaction. Unless of course the Incredibles E-Ticket involves a huge volcano/ Evil Villin Lair.

IF they do the Incredibles attraction right, I'll be shoveling piles of money at them. Sad, but true.

When TDO looks at Carsland, they see $$$. Not the impressive themeing WDI was allowed to attempt.

I'd be pleasantly shocked if I was wrong, but I don't see DHS getting anything other than Pixar and maybbbbbeeeee Star Wars either. If TDO wants to spend, I'm sure they want something they think will sell more merch.

Disney knows that Tink, Peter, and Hook are Merch gold mines. Not to mention Disney own Draft and Frozen Pirate Grog.

Disney knows that Tink, Peter, and Hook are Merch gold mines. Not to mention Disney own Draft and Frozen Pirate Grog.

I know they've been pushing the fairies and Tink is on everything, but are Peter and Hook? That's all stuff they sell elsewhere, not anything new. Idk.

The versions of the Characters in my version of Neverland wouldn't be the Animated versions but the versions in the new film. Of course there would be some of the animated version merch in the area, but the whole tone would be darker than the animated version. And Disney LOVEs the Pirates thing. The version in my Neverland would be closer to the film version of PotC than the old Peter Pan.

Where do I petition to make this a reality?

Peter and the Starcatchers. Now that Disney has now decided to make it a "Tent Pole" franchise. The land would be Peter and the Starcatchers based, but there would obviously be merchendise overlap.

I am thinking the new film will be visually like The PotC films with the Pan story.

Last edited:
Love me some Starcatchers! I really need to go back and reread the series, come to think of it; it's been years. But I do remember how great it was, and how great a team Pearson and Barry make. Would definitely be a lot cooler than most Kingdom Keepers plugs, though I love that series, too.

Edit: Oh, right, there's a topic here. I'd love to see all of that! Great ideas. But I'm biased, as always.

I lost interest in KK after the 3rd one. But I think PatS is darned close to Potter in quality (except the last one that was too Kk for my taste.

I have also read Pearson's Killer Weekend/Summer series and while not great, they are an enjoyable read as far as adult crime novels go. Bad dialog, but interesting storytelling.

Last edited:
Truthfully, I don't see this at Hollywood Studios. It sounds perfect for Islands of Adventure, considering it derives from literature.

But Peter and the Starcatchers is TOTALLY a Disney/Hyperion Press product. Maybe Universal could buy the rights. Haha. Kidding. I know literature is a bit high brow for the WDW audience, but even if they don't understand all the referances, I am sure they will get riding around in a rum barrel. If Disney were to do it in the style of TDS, It could be AWESOME. I really want Disney to be the company that I knew as a kid. In '71 WDW was the largest most expensive construction project on the planet. Now I belive that distinction goes to some dam in china.

Last edited:
I actually saw that earlier today when researching my project. That Pic at the top is sort of what I was imagining and I almost used as my example.

But Peter and the Starcatchers is TOTALLY a Disney/Hyperion Press product. Maybe Universal could buy the rights. Haha. Kidding. I know literature is a bit high brow for the WDW audience, but even if they don't understand all the referances, I am sure they will get riding around in a rum barrel. If Disney were to do it in the style of TDS, It could be AWESOME. I really want Disney to be the company that I knew as a kid. In '71 WDW was the largest most expensive construction project on the planet. Now I belive that distinction goes to some dam in china.

I'll take ANYTHING in the style of TDS :lol: