Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mythos Thoughts?

I've never been that impressed with Mythos. It has features that are nice, but I've never had anything especially good there. When I tell people this, their reaction is almost always something like, "Well you must not like Mediterranean food." Which isn't true at all, I love Mediterranean food. It just seemed that Mythos tried to be a restaurant that had something for everyone and didn't focus on doing what it should be doing well—actual Mediterranean food. I'm glad to see the menu is beginning to shed the decidedly non-Mediterranean items, though I recognize that some families will be upset to see buffalo chicken and sushi removed from the menu.

^ I can see where you are coming from on that. Glad they are also focusing on a Med menu.

Mythos used to be a 'must-visit' for my family but a couple of 'meh' visits means I haven't visited for a couple of years now. I still think it's great value for in-park dining, although I always found the vague operating hours a bit annoying. Epcot World Showcase in general is now my number one for park dining - although the prices can definitely leave a sour taste.

Maybe I'll check out Mythos again next month.

something weird. The reservations only go through August 13th, but I made a reservation for the 16th weeks ago.
Lombardo's has a weird thing where it only goes through the 12th of August, than skips to September? Are they closing restaurants after the 12th for some reason? I kind of need to know if I need to change our meal plans.

Just went for the first time on my birthday. We've been meaning to visit during our many previous trips, however we don't much get hungry when running around the park all day. The Grilled Chicken BLT was excellent, and one of the cheaper items on the menu.

Mythos just won the Award for Best Theme Park Table Service Restaurant on Theme Park Insider. This is their seventh win in that category. So far, Universal has swept the first 4 Best in Theme Parks category awards. Awards;
* Best Theme Park Moderate or Budget Hotel Resort; Cabana Bay
*Best Theme Park Luxury Hotel Resort: Portofino Bay
*Best Theme Park Quick Service Restaurant; Leaky Cauldron
*Best Theme Park Sit Down Restaurant: Mythos
Tomorrow....Best New Coaster

I'm hoping to go to IOA during the spring to finally get to ride Hagrids. I've never been to Mythos. What would you recommend?

* Best Theme Park Moderate or Budget Hotel Resort; Cabana Bay
100% Agree

*Best Theme Park Luxury Hotel Resort: Portofino Bay
Not my favorite, that would be Boardwalk, but could see why it would be. Pools are amazing w/ adult area and family area. And the harbor with an amazing view and boat access with the nightly opera and stores/shops surrounding in one small area is very impressive. Really, the only thing lacking at PB is the lobby which is subpar compared to almost any Disney or Universal offering.

*Best Theme Park Quick Service Restaurant; Leaky Cauldron
100% Agree. Almost impossible to argue otherwise outside of Three Broomsticks.

*Best Theme Park Sit Down Restaurant: Mythos
Hard disagree. Tiffins and a several Epcot restaurants (both Italian, the new Signature Japanese, Monsieur Paul, etc) are all a much better quality and a much better experience than Mythos. Maybe the argument is best value? But this one never computes for me.

Tomorrow....Best New Coaster
If Hagrid’s doesn’t win, it’s a fraud.

I'm hoping to go to IOA during the spring to finally get to ride Hagrids. I've never been to Mythos. What would you recommend?
The Bone-in Pork Chop is my go to meal, but the Beef Medallions or the Lamb Chop are also very good.

That said, on my next visit I'm going to try the new 5 course chef's tasting menu in the mentioned in the post right above yours.

100% Agree

Not my favorite, that would be Boardwalk, but could see why it would be. Pools are amazing w/ adult area and family area. And the harbor with an amazing view and boat access with the nightly opera and stores/shops surrounding in one small area is very impressive. Really, the only thing lacking at PB is the lobby which is subpar compared to almost any Disney or Universal offering.

100% Agree. Almost impossible to argue otherwise outside of Three Broomsticks.

Hard disagree. Tiffins and a several Epcot restaurants (both Italian, the new Signature Japanese, Monsieur Paul, etc) are all a much better quality and a much better experience than Mythos. Maybe the argument is best value? But this one never computes for me.

If Hagrid’s doesn’t win, it’s a fraud.
Since these are rated by the TPI readers, I would guess that value (price) has a lot to do with their choices. All of these winners are pretty good value for their respective categories, theme park wise.

I asked Universal on Twitter about the new taster menu but they don't seem to know anything about it but usually the social media team are always the last to know.

They did hit me with the new menu items but I'm not sure how new they are but they sound good:

•Souvlaki Couscous Bowl: tomato-olive couscous, grilled zucchini, eggplant, tzatziki, cucumber, feta cheese, pita bread.
•Seared Lamb Chops: Moroccan spiced lamb chops, mascarpone polenta, roasted tomato tapenade, mint demi-glace, watercress, pomegranate
•Balsamic Grilled Chicken Sandwich (Gluten Free and Vegan option available): marinated grilled chicken breast, thick cut bacon, tarragon lemon aioli, balsamic red onion, tomato, mozzarella cheese
•12oz Bone-In Pork Chop: blue cheese cranberry crust, lemon-garlic fingerling potatoes, cannellini and corn succotash, apple brandy reduction •Seasonal Summer Truffle Risotto (Gluten Free and Vegan option available): shaved black summer truffles, seasonal wild mushrooms, chive oil drizzle, shaved Parmesan

I asked Universal on Twitter about the new taster menu but they don't seem to know anything about it but usually the social media team are always the last to know.

They did hit me with the new menu items but I'm not sure how new they are but they sound good:

•Souvlaki Couscous Bowl: tomato-olive couscous, grilled zucchini, eggplant, tzatziki, cucumber, feta cheese, pita bread.
•Seared Lamb Chops: Moroccan spiced lamb chops, mascarpone polenta, roasted tomato tapenade, mint demi-glace, watercress, pomegranate
•Balsamic Grilled Chicken Sandwich (Gluten Free and Vegan option available): marinated grilled chicken breast, thick cut bacon, tarragon lemon aioli, balsamic red onion, tomato, mozzarella cheese
•12oz Bone-In Pork Chop: blue cheese cranberry crust, lemon-garlic fingerling potatoes, cannellini and corn succotash, apple brandy reduction •Seasonal Summer Truffle Risotto (Gluten Free and Vegan option available): shaved black summer truffles, seasonal wild mushrooms, chive oil drizzle, shaved Parmesan
Wish they'd bring back the wild mushroom soup. That was absolutely delicious & always a must order for us.

Oh that Risotto sounds heavenly. Is this a limited new $50 menu or is this going to stick around for awhile we think? Hope it’s there this spring. Glad it won best theme park restaurant award again honestly

+1 for the pork chop. It was one of the best in theme park dishes I ever had, especially when paired with their old fashioned. Tiffins may be the better restaurant but no question Mythos is #1 in value / quality.
I will make sure to try out Mythos my next trip to IOA! Theme park food is just alright. Normally we will hit up Hard Rock/NBC/Toothsome for our meals at IOA/USO.

Oh that Risotto sounds heavenly. Is this a limited new $50 menu or is this going to stick around for awhile we think? Hope it’s there this spring. Glad it won best theme park restaurant award again honestly
The Truffle Risotto is on their regular menu so it should be around a while.