Muppets Courtyard (MuppetVision & PizzeRizzo) | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Muppets Courtyard (MuppetVision & PizzeRizzo)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muppet Vision is supposed to see a fairly significant exterior refurbishment from what insiders have hinted towards and what permits show. We're now starting to see the beginnings with the balloon removal and now this.
C490tOIWMAEqs_R.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Nico
If Muppets is going away soon, it would make you wonder why Disney would waste money and time on any refurbishment of any kind.

I don't see a reason for Muppets to leave at this point. High capacity attraction with two restaurants with popular food options in the area. Seems like a perfect location for those who need to wait to get into the land/too busy in Star Wars.

If Muppets is going away soon, it would make you wonder why Disney would waste money and time on any refurbishment of any kind.
They purposely went out of their way to save Muppet Courtyard when planning Star Wars Land - Muppets isn't going anywhere.

Seen at a WaWa in Orlando this evening...
So, it looks like they are trying to create a cohesive, NY type theme for this courtyard?
I'm hoping that they do something more with the salvaged SoA backdrops than just a refurb, Maybe some new Muppets themed streetmosphere or even an outdoor show?

So, it looks like they are trying to create a cohesive, NY type theme for this courtyard?
I'm hoping that they do something more with the salvaged SoA backdrops than just a refurb, Maybe some new Muppets themed streetmosphere or even an outdoor show?
1. I still am confused if the theme is NY or CA (since the address on some of the theming in PizzeRizzo clearly states CA for PizzeRizzo)

2. None of the remaining SoA facades will be used for Muppet Courtyard. It'll mostly be used as it was... a walkway to something. Of course they're actually going to need the walking space this time with the entry point to SWL being right there. It will be a huge point for crowds, making a show a complete non-starter.

3. There will be a brick wall going up between the courtyard and the former SOA area with an entry arch that those passing by to go to SWL will see.

And the 3D film is only 26 years old. Still a lot of life left in her. :lol:

It's the best 3D show in Orlando IMHO. The content is stellar.

Edit: WDWM has photos of the sign up. Not sure how I feel, the temp banners remain and the sign is VERY small. I hope this doesn't turn into a DCA situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the best 3D show in Orlando IMHO. The content is stellar.

Edit: WDWM has photos of the sign up. Not sure how I feel, the temp banners remain and the sign is VERY small. I hope this doesn't turn into a DCA situation.

Hmmm. having it setup that way with the removable marquee letters does seem to set it up for that, doesn't it? :saywhat:

I actually like this sign, but I agree it does seem that they are setting up Muppet Courtyard so that it could literally be any theme and change it within a short period of time.

The changeover to PizzeRizzo made that restaurant very generic and now with this new marquee, the letters are replaceable, while the "Grand Arts Theater" is simply presenting the show. We'll see how things go... Like I said last night, Muppets is definitely here for the short-term, but it's also prime real estate for a potential SWL expansion down the road.

I think it's open until at least the 50th anniversary, but after that, all bets are off.

Reactions: Yabbadabba Doh
This building needs to be power washed... odd they didn't do that before installing the sign. The sign is out of scale for the size of the building, but i'm going to give the benefit of the doubt that there's still more to come to fill in that top area. At least for a little while.

If they wanted to turn this into their new preview location though, it would be incredible easy unfortunately. Change out letters, swap out the Muppet banners for whatever the movie is and maybe change a few posters. It's like MV3D was never there.

Status
Not open for further replies.