Movies -> Rides: Our Ideas | Inside Universal Forums

Movies -> Rides: Our Ideas

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Allen The Actor

Allen The Actor
Jan 10, 2013
Hill Valley, California
So, let's just talk about what movies, franchises/IPs that we think would make great rides that would ideally fit in our USH. Obviously almost anything can fit in USF, so let's kinda talk realistic! (For example: i doubt we'd ever see Lord of the Rings at USH).

One thing for me though thag has stumped me is what UNIVERSAL PICTURES movies that are recent that can become rides. There hasn't really been anything good that's new...what do you guysthink would work/fit at USH? It can be for either the main park or a ride segment in the tour, and we can list Universal or non Universal movies.

I remember when Land of the Lost just came out, people joked it could replace Jurassic Park. I shutter when i think of that!

I think a ride based on the Universal Monsters would be fun!!!

I'd actually enjoy seeing a Wicked show at USH. A bit larger in scale and story line than the old USJ version.

Something like Van Helsing, like ive said, would be cool!

I actually think Fast and Furious, even though i don't like the movies, would've been a better replacement for BTTF.

What else y'all?

I'm actually not a big fan of super interactive rides like the two Disney toy story rides. Although I'd probably enjoy them if they didn't fully rely on being interactive. I think the Tokyo Monsters Inc ride is a great example of interactive. A fabulous dark ride and with some interactive elements that aren't required.

Although your idea IS nice. Something like the Universal Experience SHOULD be more interactive.

I'm stumped though regarding what other recent movies would make good rides :/

I sincerely think our only chance of getting a decent dark ride at Universal would be for us to get some dark ride based on Dr Suess movies

A lot of folks go on about Universal not using their own properties for attractions, but there really isn't much left to work with. The Fast and the Furious is really their only big franchise that they haven't done something with. A Grinch dark ride could also be interesting. Some kind of King Kong thrill ride would be awesome, but it'd be better off in Florida since Hollywood has Kong 360. And I wish they could do something with Ted, but that's obviously not gonna fly in a family theme park.  :p

One great way to use their properties is with some sort of Great Movie Ride-style attraction. I've always wanted to see them do that, and it'd be a great way to give the Classic Monsters a ride presence. Of course, something like that is likely not going to bring in massive numbers these days unless it was thrill-oriented.

Now, there are some properties from other studios that I'd love to see Universal take over for a theme park setting. Star Trek is a big one that I think could be great, I've always wanted to see a James Bond stunt show or ride somewhere, and Avatar might be worth taking a look at if it doesn't wind up happening at Disney (though I've read multiple reports of Universal actually turning it down first). I'd also like to see a good Madagascar or How to Train Your Dragon attraction. My dream ride is one based on Family Guy, but that'll likely never happen as well.  :lol:

Reactions: Jon Fu
^ All great ideas! More rides based on Dreamworks or Dr Suess movies would be amazing.

And i think if they ever made a Great Universal Movie Ride, it's be awesome if they used a more tame version of the Transformers ride system.

A James Bond related attraction would be great, and Star Trek would be PERFECT considering there's another movie coming out, and it could compete with the eventual other Star Wars rides Disney would make!

I would personally love a Despicable Me attraction on the scale of Jurassic Park or Back to the Future. That's the first Universal that has touched me in years.

Fantastic film.

^ i agree. I remember watching it in theaters and thinking "this would make a nice ride". Like, the roller coaster parts, the minions, etc. on a grand scale it would've been awesome.

The Lorax wasn't that fantastic, but so much of that movie would've also made a great ride on the scale of Splash Mountain.

A Jurassic Park Ride on par with say Indiana Jones wherein it's a jeep attraction with animatronic Dinosaurs. So those who love Jurassic but don't like drops can still enjoy themselves. 

Haha that harkens me back to June 2012, when the surrounding area of the park was filled with ads for Ted that had him moaning behind his laptop with the tagline, "Ted is coming." This is what greeted several families to Universal last summer!

Boy, could you imagine? I'd definitely draw a crowd, that's for sure.

In fact, now that I think of it...

A Jurassic Park Ride on par with say Indiana Jones wherein it's a jeep attraction with animatronic Dinosaurs. So those who love Jurassic but don't like drops can still enjoy themselves. 

I've heard this idea before over at Islands of Adventure. I wonder if they're still working on it, since the idea seems intriguing.

I actually think War of the Worlds would've been an amazing ride on the scale of Transformers/Indiana Jones.
Too bad it's DreamWorks. :(

Idk how Universal would ever be able to make a Jurassic Park jeep ride and not have it compared to Animal Kingdoms Dinosaur ride....

And wait, really?!?! It's Dreamworks?? Damn, i always assumed it was Universal. Probably because of the set being on the tour. Still, would've made an awesome ride. Imagine the Transformers with a war of the worlds theme. Us driving through a reproduction of the airplane crash set, seeing projection or animatronic Tripods, etc. would be cool.

Pity that Universal never fully made the deal for DreamWorks, would've been huge. But interesting that they made a Madagascar ride in Singapore. Do you think Universal can continue it's partnership with DreamWorks? Would seem easier than Fox or Warner Bros considering Steven Spielberg is behind it.

Im one of those people who doesn't like drops :( lol went on Jurassic park when I was small and did not like the drop at all!

Haha! True that :p I'd ADORE a Jurassic Park themed jeep ride. I love River Adventure with all my heart, but i believe Jurassic Park deserves something more action packed!

Also, unfortunately recently, Disney's DINOSAUR animatronics have been looking better :/ When i went on the ride a few days ago, i was saddened that even after the recent refurb, the dinos weren't smooth. And the final T Rex was behind the garbage bag again :/

As a side note, i think i just realized something great. I think it's safe to say Jurassic Park River Adventure is never gonna close at USH and will be our "Pirates of the Caribbean". With it's nonstop popularity, future JP movies, sheer size and complexity of the ride, i think it's safe to say that this, along with the tour, will be the only classic rides into the future.