Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS) | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is this sarcasm lol

It was practically dripping with sarcasm. Forgot to put a little emoji in there. Some of the people who post over there have good insight and are funny. Some are more easily offended and some are just angry about everything.

I just find it hard to be critical of a ride that pretty much no park-goers (non-Cast Members) have been on. Then, you have to ignore the bloggers who wouldn't dare criticize the goose that gives them golden eggs. Finally, you arrive at the people who can provide a fair and balanced review. Even then, opinions differ. Some think Flight of Passage is the most amazing ride ever. Others see it as just another simulator. The 7DMT is an amazing coaster/dark ride or it's pokey, too short, and has weird pacing. I'm just aggravated that I won't be able to try and ride it until next year.

I've heard it's good, but not great.

From what it sounds like, it's the perfect ride for Toontown in DL, and maybe not the best ride to be the centerpiece attraction of an entire park.

So, I have a question. What is the centerpiece attraction for Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom? I get that MMRR is being called that because of its location. However, I would have thought that they consider Galaxy Edge as the centerpiece attraction, even though it isn't in the center of the park. I'm not trying to be a contrarian but trying to determine what this ride was supposed to be for the park.

Reactions: Andysol
So, I have a question. What is the centerpiece attraction for Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom? I get that MMRR is being called that because of its location. However, I would have thought that they consider Galaxy Edge as the centerpiece attraction, even though it isn't in the center of the park. I'm not trying to be a contrarian but trying to determine what this ride was supposed to be for the park.

Personally I don’t think DAK or MK have one. But this ride, like SSE, is smack dab right in front of you when you enter the park. It is *in* the icon. GMR fit the bill perfectly. And while Runaway Railway sounds good, it should have been located in a new spot like where Launch Bay is, and GMR given an overhaul

Reactions: Freak and UNIrd
Something to consider, too, is that a not insignificant number of people are walking in with the attitude of “This better be a worthy replacement for Great Movie Ride” rather than “This is a new ride”, so there’s some nostalgia and bitterness that is being fought from the moment they come through the door.

Granted, Disney put themselves in that situation, but that’s something the ride will have to combat for at least a few years or so when it comes to reviews.

Something to consider, too, is that a not insignificant number of people are walking in with the attitude of “This better be a worthy replacement for Great Movie Ride” rather than “This is a new ride”, so there’s some nostalgia and bitterness that is being fought from the moment they come through the door.

Granted, Disney put themselves in that situation, but that’s something the ride will have to combat for at least a few years or so when it comes to reviews.

yes, most rides will always fall victim to that concept, so I always try to experience the ride with a fresh mind. People will hate something new and then end up loving it later...

Reactions: Jones14

For the record, the two people I know that have ridden it were never all that enamored by GMR.

Reactions: Jones14
Copy and pasted from my friend who's a cast member and his review via text about the ride:

"It was fine, will definitely be a major hit amongst the crowds here. I fear for the long waits then people only getting a 5 min ride when the ride here beforehand was 15 minutes. I certainly wasn't underwhelmed but I was certainly not overwhelmed."

Sounds like it will definitely be a crowd pleaser. Not gonna act like I know this friends taste as he does work at Disney and loves it but doesn't "live and breathe" Disney per say. Id take this as a good review knowing him.

Copy and pasted from my friend who's a cast member and his review via text about the ride:

"It was fine, will definitely be a major hit amongst the crowds here. I fear for the long waits then people only getting a 5 min ride when the ride here beforehand was 15 minutes. I certainly wasn't underwhelmed but I was certainly not overwhelmed."

Sounds like it will definitely be a crowd pleaser. Not gonna act like I know this friends taste as he does work at Disney and loves it but doesn't "live and breathe" Disney per say. Id take this as a good review knowing him.

does anyone think this ride Will help with crowd flow because these past few weeks....

Considering how low the GSATs were from GMR, I don't think we have to worry about that with the GP.

No. The park still won't have enough to do.
The park will have a lot of great rides, but it's also busier than it's ever been, mostly because of the boarding group situation. That leaves a bunch of sitting ducks running up stand by lines at the remaining attractions. The park definitely needs a lot of development still, but so does DAK.

*sigh*

These parks were so under-built or in DHS' case, under-built alongside a working studio that ended up closing fairly quickly, further hurting the park. Then the fact that both parks went full decades without any new rides is just unacceptable.

Just after I made this post, I saw this:

Last edited:
The park will have a lot of great rides, but it's also busier than it's ever been, mostly because of the boarding group situation. That leaves a bunch of sitting ducks running up stand by lines at the remaining attractions. The park definitely needs a lot of development still, but so does DAK.

*sigh*

These parks were so under-built or in DHS' case, under-built alongside a working studio that ended up closing fairly quickly, further hurting the park. Then the fact that both parks went full decades without any new rides is just unacceptable.
Yes animal kingdom desperately needs more attractions

Reactions: GAcoaster and Nick

And that's why every time someone says "Disney's going to add a fifth theme park because Universal is building a new park", I say not until they fix the three they've already got which still need "something".

The park will have a lot of great rides,

It's easily the second best lineup in WDW. Hell it *might* be a better lineup than USF quality-wise. But USF still spreads its crowds around better.

Just after I made this post, I saw this:

I'd argue even EPCOT is underbuilt when it comes to things people actively get excited about. The three secondary WDW parks all need 3-4 *additional* rides at the very least. Not replacements, EXPANSIONS.

It's easily the second best lineup in WDW. Hell it *might* be a better lineup than USF quality-wise. But USF still spreads its crowds around better.

I'd argue even EPCOT is underbuilt when it comes to things people actively get excited about. The three secondary WDW parks all need 3-4 *additional* rides at the very least. Not replacements, EXPANSIONS.
Epcot definitely is, but it has more rides was my thinking and is a much bigger park. Epcot also has lots of little B-ticket type things like the circlevision shows or American Adventure, which i'd say based on scale and sets alone puts it at at least a high end C, if not a D.

Rumors kicking of them talking about a Seas and Imagination redo, but that still just keeps us even in attraction count. I wish they would use the expansion plot between The Land and Seas for something. Or any of the many plots in World Showcase.

Reactions: JungleSkip
Epcot definitely is, but it has more rides was my thinking and is a much bigger park. Epcot also has lots of little B-ticket type things like the circlevision shows or American Adventure, which i'd say based on scale and sets alone puts it at at least a high end C, if not a D.

Rumors kicking of them talking about a Seas and Imagination redo, but that still just keeps us even in attraction count. I wish they would use the expansion plot between The Land and Seas for something. Or any of the many plots in World Showcase.
If an Imagination redo means reviving anything close to the original ride, I wouldn't complain. But yes, adding rides into WS would do the park good. Rat is a welcomed addition.